Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: How to BALANCE pure stat guns WITHOUT nerfing it!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smhinthiscommunity View Post
    This one in particular
    Get off of forums with that stuff.... unless you wanta be the next mymy. Its getting so old.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kurvy View Post
    Get off of forums with that stuff.... unless you wanta be the next mymy. Its getting so old.
    What’s a mymy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

take it what ever way you want, looks like ur getting hurt over it ... I am simply just saying that if you had the right posoitning in your ffas you wouldn't lose that does not just go for you but everyone else as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

let me explain something to you people. PURE stat is op BUT only in ffa and if you know how to play. You guys prob just have bad positioning in pvp ffas, I know you do kurvy. 1v1 someone with pure stat ( NOT A RHINO) and tell me if there op. all 4 pc sets SHOULD beat pure stat so how tf are they op. autos hit a lot but a blast... a blast from a PURE STAT does 150ish damage non crit ! LOL !!!! a blast from talon is almost 4x MORE DAMAGE !!!!!!!!! 300-500 damage almost everytime !!!!!!! Its not just blast its all skills. Pure stat is not op the rhino class takes advantage of it pure stat is not game breaking. Please learn to play.

Please buff PURESTAT :_)
    My original post explains it all. It has too much damage in one place and that one place is auto. Ya it need buff at skill damage but then also need nerf in auto damage.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

let me explain something to you people. PURE stat is op BUT only in ffa and if you know how to play. You guys prob just have bad positioning in pvp ffas, I know you do kurvy. 1v1 someone with pure stat ( NOT A RHINO) and tell me if there op. all 4 pc sets SHOULD beat pure stat so how tf are they op. autos hit a lot but a blast... a blast from a PURE STAT does 150ish damage non crit ! LOL !!!! a blast from talon is almost 4x MORE DAMAGE !!!!!!!!! 300-500 damage almost everytime !!!!!!! Its not just blast its all skills. Pure stat is not op the rhino class takes advantage of it pure stat is not game breaking. Please learn to play.

Please buff PURESTAT :_)
    Blast is weak... but when your auto does 4x a talon skill damage (1k-1.5k) it's op. When the best players that have been around for years and years are leaving there is a problem.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    People are more than willing to pay for the guns even if they were not op, just so long as they are a useful alternative to talon sets, both with strengths and weaknesses. You don't need to make something op to get people to buy it. If it's valuable and is useful in pve/pvp, people will buy it, regardless if it's op compared to gear that can be looted.
    Agreed, people would buy it just for bragging rights even if you couldn't use it in pvp... they did before

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkterror View Post
    LoL How are you supposed to mantain the game? You guys dont understand that people gotta buy the Stat guns and pets to mantain the game. You cant make it less OP. It doesnt make any sence from a company'$ view.
    You know what makes more sence? How about never release a new weapon again. But instead Armors, Helms and rings, the stat based weapons will adapt to any future change to this game. And thats why they are expensive. And thats why you should buy them. And thats why sts shall not (nerf, balance,etc). The only reasonable change that you can ask for >> Fix fox please. That makes sence. I know its not fair. > The ferrari is better than the cheaper car. Because thats what his owner payed for. But you know what's also not fair? You keep asking for things without wanting to PAY!
    I've spent over 48k platinum on my account. No problem supporting sts in their pl endeavors... that being said I'm not purchasing platinum twice in one day (not enough is available for one transaction to buy the weapons) to buy a weapon that makes pvp extremely boring and others don't have access to. I play pvp for a challenge, not to bully other players, this is ALL the stat guns are good for at this point without them being added to the drop table. I've seen many players like myself that purchase platinum regularly leaving, even some with stat weapons, pvp is boring now, 3 of 4 of my close friends have uninstalled the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

take it what ever way you want, looks like ur getting hurt over it ... I am simply just saying that if you had the right posoitning in your ffas you wouldn't lose that does not just go for you but everyone else as well
    My positioning is on point tyvm and others will confirm that... the fact is that 2h guns ARE NOT balanced in anyway... you know it aswell. Thats why you use them

Im assuming this is tank and i know your intentions of creating a forums account was to ultimately cause drama... please stop.
    Last edited by Kurvy; 11-23-2017 at 05:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

My positioning is on point tyvm and others will confirm that... the fact is that 2h guns ARE NOT balanced in anyway... you know it aswell. Thats why you use them

Im assuming this is tank and i know your intentions of creating a forums account was to ultimately cause drama... please stop.
    Everything you said was false.
    /11 chars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

This is the thing that either keep the game broken or make things much better! BALANCE GUNS!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    This is the thing that either keep the game broken or make things much better! BALANCE GUNS!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmyv13Avmfs
    Except it could work, lol, either way after that plat sale pvp is just more 2h

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

It has to happen or RIP Endgame PvP 2017!

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #33
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,166 Posts

Good write-up (as usual). Unfortunately it presupposes that there is a distinction between weapon damage and skill damage.
    While these distinctions are a feature of games like Arcane Legends and Pocket Legends Adventures, the concept of 'damage' is singular in the original Pocket Legends.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Good write-up (as usual). Unfortunately it presupposes that there is a distinction between weapon damage and skill damage.
    While these distinctions are a feature of games like Arcane Legends and Pocket Legends Adventures, the concept of 'damage' is singular in the original Pocket Legends.
    Dang, This is what I always feared that gun damage is not contributing well to skill damage due to the fact that how skill damage is dependent to weapon damage in PL mechanics that I'm totally aware.

But I still believe it's possible in different but simple way. Increase damage as set bonus (gun set bonus) just for an example (not actual numbers) if we add 100 damage as set bonus, we will get +100 dmage to all skills and +100 dmg to auto damage of gun.

Now if we come to the actual numbers that I talked in my original post, we need to decrease something like 700+500 gun auto damage and increase the gun set bonus like 500, this 500 damage should contribute to auto damage and skill damage equally, meaning ultimately auto damage will end up loosing only 700 and skill damage will end up gaining ~500. I changed the number from 400 to 500 because when we are decreasing the auto damage, we are gonna loose some skill damage too. The set bonus should be exclusive to gun set bonus so that it doesn't interfare 4pc set bonus!

Ultimately you have far more in-depth knowledge than me and such things, I'm sure you'll come up with a solution, thanks for your time and interest.
    Last edited by Waug; 12-06-2017 at 12:16 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Waug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    Dang, This is what I always feared that gun damage is not contributing well to skill damage due to the fact that how skill damage is dependent to weapon damage in PL mechanics that I'm totally aware.

But I still believe it's possible in different but simple way. Increase damage as set bonus (gun set bonus) just for an example (not actual numbers) if we add 100 damage as set bonus, we will get +100 dmage to all skills and +100 dmg to auto damage of gun.

Now if we come to the actual numbers that I talked in my original post, we need to decrease something like 700+500 gun auto damage and increase the gun set bonus like 500, this 500 damage should contribute to auto damage and skill damage equally, meaning ultimately auto damage will end up loosing only 700 and skill damage will end up gaining ~500. I changed the number from 400 to 500 because when we are decreasing the auto damage, we are gonna loose some skill damage too. The set bonus should be exclusive to gun set bonus so that it doesn't interfare 4pc set bonus!

Ultimately you have far more in-depth knowledge than me and such things, I'm sure you'll come up with a solution, thanks for your time and interest.
    They shud hire u

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Another reason why hes putting these weapons on sale this christmas at a huge discount.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

How about make it free cinco

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Instead of reducing some auto damage and adding some as set bonus as stated in my last post, I don't know why the gun auto damage is increased further to put the last nail on coffin RIP PL PvP 2017!

20.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #39
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,166 Posts

I like the idea of migrating a portion of the damage from the stat calculation to the item set. We'll see how that goes with next update! :-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I like the idea of migrating a portion of the damage from the stat calculation to the item set. We'll see how that goes with next update! :-)
    In the winter event update the gun auto damage is increased highly, it's so high that output damage is 2k+ which is close to one's HP, I don't think that this was intentional because early it was like 2900 (max damage of pure dex gun for reference) and now 4200+ (no pet equipped)

After winter event (no pet equipped) - Name:  newt.png
Views: 145
Size:  350.8 KB

But before winter event - https://www.spacetimestudios.com/att...9&d=1511177397

The gun auto damage is extremely high now and was high before, I think 2500 gun auto damage should be really the maximum auto damage that we should have, not more than that, AND there's still scope of increasing gun set bonus,like + 200.

Thanks for your time.