Thread: Was the arcane 66 dread bow nerf necessary? (PvE)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Default Was the arcane 66 dread bow nerf necessary? (PvE)

I know it has been a while since the bow was buffed then nerfed immediately after but I have seen enough dragon staff and immortal corruption staff procs since then to come to question the nerf on this bow.

We all know bows are lacking in stats so at least they could make up in proc for what they lack in stats, yes? This theory became fact when the dread bow was buffed. At last, the rogue class received a dragon staff/immortal corruption equivalent (it didn't penetrate the lich corvis's shield like the staff counterparts but we were satisfied). Sadly, this gift didn't last long, soon after, the bow was nerfed because it was "ignoring armor". Sure, in the perspective of PvP, this was a big deal and needed fixing, but was this the correct PvE decision?

When you look at the dragon hunter staffs or the immortal corruption staffs, they are practically doing the equivalent in terms of proc in PvE (you may call it DoT but that is one heck of a DoT! If the DoT of these staff procs are not ignoring armor, I see no problem with the dread bow pre-nerf (PvE wise)). The funny thing is that you can kill a mausoleum floor six boss (even the lich corvis) faster by clicking auto attack with one of those staffs than you can versus a (stationary) player in PvP. So is it safe to assume these staff procs were made to be less effective in PvP than PvE? If so, please apply the same to the dread bow.
    Last edited by Perceval; 11-27-2017 at 11:35 AM.