Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: How to Hide Your Stats Using Google Chrome

Alaska, Left the heat on & melted my Igloo...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default How to Hide Your Stats Using Google Chrome

Enter base or Guild Hall
    From the Regular Play screen HOLD Ctrl and then Scroll DOWN 1 Time on the Mouse Wheel
    This shrinks the screen resolution 1 time

Now click your Avatar Screen
    Hold Ctrl and then Scroll 1 Time Up on the Mouse Wheel.

Now you will see half of an INSPECT BUTTON on the right hand side of your Avatar screen.
    If steps were done correctly, you can click the Inspect Page button.
    If anything was done wrong it will not let you click it. It may require playing with.

Just Like in PL this does cost 2 Plat.
    Boaders & Parchments are not in there yet but Background Color & Hide Options are all there.
    Enjoy All

This is not a hack nor an Expoilt. Those would imply you have a Edge or Advantage over other players. This is just aesthetics. No stat bonus or anything to make this illegal in any way. It is simply an Easter Egg put in by the Devs. Thanks STS! It is my belief this will be implemented soon for all players to enjoy. I kept it to close friends & guild mates until now. Happy Hunting & lets see some custom Backgrounds!!!

Name:  IMG_0186.PNG
Views: 611
Size:  87.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0185.PNG
Views: 489
Size:  80.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0183.PNG
Views: 488
Size:  70.7 KB

Also, I am very sorry to anyone who did not receive a reply from me when asked in game. It was not my intent to have to ignore any tells. I will say standing in town the 1rst 24 hours was a challenge in itself. I didn't get any screen shots but I was getting tells faster than I could Read them lol.
    Last edited by Bakoffmycandy; 10-31-2011 at 02:19 AM.
    Proud Officer of Infinite Union
    Downloads -36 Commando * Http -36 Operative * URL -36 Engineer

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bakoffmycandy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Good job bro

Also if you press C this goes into Avatar page, had some difficulty pressing the icon as the system thinks its above the actual icon on screen

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    Good job bro

Also if you press C this goes into Avatar page, had some difficulty pressing the icon as the system thinks its above the actual icon on screen
    Thanks Bod. Yes you can hit C instead of trying to click Avatar. If Avatar is off set like you stated above, you zoomed out instead of in. If the screen is downsized 1 time like instructions above the actual Avatar Button is clickable.

Haven's seen much of ya since the Update hit. Throw me a group invite next time ya see me on. Been playing URL lately. My last 36 project that I am in no hurry to achieve. She is my least favorite toon, but I really want a 36 Vanity Helm of each Class. Anyways, hope all is well bro
    Last edited by Bakoffmycandy; 10-31-2011 at 01:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Thanks! I had been wondering how to do this, so your how to hit the spot.
    Star Legends: Ephemeris (Engineer) - Ephemeriz (Operative) - Ephemerix (Commando) - Director (Engineer - Twink/Farmer) | Pocket Legends: Ephemeris (Enchantress - Retired)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Not a problem. I really hope it is explained well enough for everyone. I tried to explain step by step as best I could. Sure beets typing it in tells with someone any day LM@O!

I am VERY surprised at the number of Replies & Views of this thread!?!?! I thought it would be quite the topic of discussion from how much of a stir it caused in game. LoL, just goes to show how much of the community actually uses the forums on a regular basis.

I really would like to hear any Developers input on the subject! PLEASE ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
    It would really put my mind at ease on were you all stand on it. If you did not want it done, you would have not made it possible unless it is a Google Chrome bug that you were not aware of. Either way, you are receiving 2 platnum per change. So STS is seeing a very small profit from this. If it was possible to do without getting Charge Plat. Then there would be a BIG PROBLEM & I would have emailed you immediately! Any words would be much appreciated.

I instructed a friend / Star Guard how to do it as soon as I figured it out & they were very grateful.

( ( It may not be Easter but I absolutely <3 Easter Eggs in any game I enjoy playing! ) )

LETS SEE SOME SCREEN SHOTS! Post them here & I will forever be in your debt

P.S. I can not take all the credit for this. All though it took a lot of playing around & trouble shooting on my behalf to actually figure it out.

(Supraprodigy) was the one who stumbled across this 1rst. At least to the best of my knowledge. His post was so vague & badly worded that it literally drove me crazy. Took me a little over an hour after I read his post to figure it out with the one hint he gave.

So Big Thanks to Supraprodigy for revealing that is was possible! And being vague enough to make this old programmer go to work lol. After I read that thread I ran to my Laptop & started wracking my brain. Was totally devoted to figuring out exactly how it was done to share with others. Couldn't have done it with out ya bud!
    Last edited by Bakoffmycandy; 10-31-2011 at 04:20 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

It is people are going crazy in the game not as many are on the forums lol thx for posting a detailed guide I was zooming out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Well I guess STS was unaware of this. I really thought you all were aware & it was just an Easter Egg you implemented for fun,I guess not =(
    Logged in this morning & right off the bat a friend asked why my stats were showing. He had his Hidden as well and neither of us had Custom Backgrounds. They removed the ability to Zoom your Resolution with out going straight back the log in Screen. So this does not work any longer.

I didn't even check to see if the Plat was refunded, but I REALLY hope there are no hard feelings about us stumbling across it STS. I can wait until its officially available
    Last edited by Bakoffmycandy; 10-31-2011 at 03:16 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default nice

This was suppose to be hidden! Lol
    My guess- 4477
    Name-Xillix

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Majik View Post
    This was suppose to be hidden! Lol
    I know lol, There was an abundance of cries asking how I did it lol. Kept it a secret with in Guild & some good friends as long I could. I did x5 Custom Backgrounds I was refunded 10 Plat.

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE A DEVS INPUT ON THIS SUBJECT!

I know you all have a full plate so to speak but It would put my mind at EASE to know there is no hard feelings on making this public. You were making 2 plat per change & the plat was refunded properly as far as I know with the fix this morning. At your convenience Please respond with your thoughts.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK ON MAKING STS GAMES THE MOST ENJOYABLE GAMES I HAVE ENCOUNTERED IN A LONG WHILE!
    Last edited by Bakoffmycandy; 10-31-2011 at 04:47 PM.

11.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Yes, this button was hidden off-screen as the customization feature doesn't do everything we want yet. Being able to find it by varying browser zoom was a bug, which has now been fixed.
    Customized Avatar screens have been returned to normal and plat spent on customizing has been refunded.
    While technically this was an exploit the end result was very minor, no hard feelings. In the future if you find a "hidden" feature you can always PM it to me before posting, I'll let you know if it is intended.

I'm glad you are excited about customization! =)
    Last edited by Flip; 10-31-2011 at 05:47 PM.
    QA Ninja!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flip For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    In the future if you find a "hidden" feature you can always PM it to me before posting
    Will do! You will be the 1rst I contact If anything else is found in the future.
    Thank you very much Flip. I feel much better now knowing that there is no hard feelings. Truly believed it was an Easter Egg due to actually getting charged 2 Plat, I would not want to use an Exploit period. I value my Toons very much & would never want to put my Account in jeopardy for any reason.

I am very excited about any new Options or Content STS decides to implement. I told Samhayne & Asomners in game shortly after the level cap was raised to 36 "You guys really out did yourselves this time!". I am very impressed with Ship Yard & its degree of difficulty. What I am most excited about is being able to play Beta using Google Chrome. I did not finish College, but I was in school for Computer Programming for 2 & half years in Denver. All though I regret not finishing, I did retain a lot of knowledge & perspective for Computers in general. I never told anyone before now, but long ago when I 1rst started playing SL I was beating my head against the wall trying to get SL running through a Honeycomb Emulator (for the sole purpose of having a full keyboard ). I know I was not alone on this one. This was also before my account had any value to me or time put into it. Had no problems loading it or getting it to work but the Emulator I was running just couldn't seem to run it smoothly enough to play no matter what I tweaked. After a few weeks of troubleshooting & trying different emulators I decided to throw in the towel. So I retired that Idea to pick up a Tablet lol. Went with a cheaper Tab than most (Archos 101) but it supports Full USB for a wireless Keyboard & mouse & that was the main reason I wanted to be able to run it on my computer. In my Opinion releasing a version on PC & Mac Through Google Chrome is a very good move on STS's behalf. It will really open up the traffic in a big way & the game will grow & progress much faster. Not to mention more customers for STS ( I have a lot of traffic come through my house. All of them have known about SL for a while but no one would start playing or the few that tried just did not like it due to it only being available through Mobile OS's. Now, I have a good 10+ friends that are thinking about joining the community just from seeing me play on PC ) I am proud to be a part of this ground breaking 1rst Game Ever to share 6 OS platforms. That is an amazing feat in itself right there!

On top of that I applaud you for releasing SL on PC & MAC OS through a Browser instead of an actual hard install on your hard drive. Just from how I see the Internet with my unique Point of View, I feel it will be much easier for you to maintain & keep a very close eye on the Server being a browser game.

You guys really do a GREAT JOB and I know a lot of people that appreciate it as much as I do. I really look forward to see whats in store for the future of Star Legends. Thanks again for the reply & putting my mind at ease.
    Last edited by Bakoffmycandy; 10-31-2011 at 08:08 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bakoffmycandy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Hey bakoffmycandy nice thread I wish we could have kept our edited pages

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SUPAPRODIGY View Post
    Hey bakoffmycandy nice thread I wish we could have kept our edited pages
    Thanks Supa, It is a bummer. I'm just glad that it was minor enough that no none was reprimanded & any plat spent was refunded. I don't know exactly how many players did this, but I'm guessing the numbers where small enough not to be a big pain for STS to fix & refund ( At least thats what I hope )

The good thing is, if I am to ever stumble across anything Expoitive looking in the future, FLIP will be the first thing that pops in to my head lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Yeah flip lol

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Nice find!