Thread: Winter PvP leaderboard?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Default Winter PvP leaderboard?

So, a season long PvP leaderboard is too hard to monitor. In that case could we have a leaderboard for one of the PvP modes which would last for the duration of the event? This leaderboard would run alongside the PvE event leaderboard.

I propose this idea because the AL PvP community should have something to do during events instead of being forced to join in PvE events because nobody is in PvP.

The leaderboard could:
    - Count on 'team death matches won' (because there is no 'I' in team)- for a tdm lb.
    - Be level 66 only OR put at the level range with the most active PvP players.

We never truly know what the outcome would be unless we try right? Remember when we used to try things out before dismissing them, instead of instantly dismissing ideas? We could be looking at future seasonal PvP leaderboards running alongside their PvE counterparts to give players a choice.

Could we please just try this out during this winter event? Fair enough, if it has too many issues, it shouldn't happen again.
    Last edited by Perceval; 12-03-2017 at 05:02 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perceval For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Seems like a good idea to me, since it also would bring action into endgame pvp again and offer many chances to get on leaderbord for winning a banner or other rewards.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Don’t forget that events are a business for Sts due to energy purchase by plat.
    As long as they don’t find a way to make you pay for Pvp lb I don’t see it happening.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

its just easy to dummy farm pvp for leaderboard positions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xxkayakxx View Post
    Don’t forget that events are a business for Sts due to energy purchase by plat.
    As long as they don’t find a way to make you pay for Pvp lb I don’t see it happening.
    Last i checked, nightmare gear, 63 arcane belts and 66 arcane weapons were not free gifts from STS. I spent a lot on this gear (thousands of plat and millions of gold- STS can check my plat history) just to end up playing PvP with my characters shadow. We are 5 months into the 66 cap and PvP is still empty. The way i see it, some of us have already paid to run this lb and others have yet to pay if they want to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Greoatef View Post
    its just easy to dummy farm pvp for leaderboard positions
    It isn't hard to bot the top players lb is it? The PvE kills tie breaker anyway. Surprisingly enough, that tie breaker is still there.

By the way, a endgame only tdm lb would be extremely hard to dummy farm.
    Last edited by Perceval; 12-04-2017 at 06:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

its imposible to bot the mausoleum aps because of the random maps and the mages curse which is a wipeout unless tactically fought .... plus i dont think you can bot any of the Underhul maps because of the beetles stun and the dificulty level .. and the axe pull that mobs in Glinstone use make those maps hard to macro ... so no it isnt easy to bot the top player lb anymore?
    plus pve kills are no longer given in any botable maps at level 66, so pve kills has come back to relevance a little ... though if someone botted 4 million pve kills in earlier seasons its still kinda locked down as a breaker.

There were a couple of pvp competitions in season 7 that were a lot of fun, but i cant remember who organised them?
    A pvp competition with prizes would be great though ... didnt somebody try to organise one recently and there wasnt enough interest so it got cancelled?
    Last edited by Greoatef; 12-04-2017 at 09:02 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greoatef View Post
    its imposible to bot the mausoleum aps because of the random maps and the mages curse which is a wipeout unless tactically fought .... plus i dont think you can bot any of the Underhul maps because of the beetles stun and the dificulty level .. and the axe pull that mobs in Glinstone use make those maps hard to macro ... so no it isnt easy to bot the top player lb anymore?
    plus pve kills are no longer given in any botable maps at level 66, so pve kills has come back to relevance a little ... though if someone botted 4 million pve kills in earlier seasons its still kinda locked down as a breaker.

There were a couple of pvp competitions in season 7 that were a lot of fun, but i cant remember who organised them?
    A pvp competition with prizes would be great though ... didnt somebody try to organise one recently and there wasnt enough interest so it got cancelled?
    You know the top player lb tie breaker is still based on PvE kills right?

I was the one to try and organise one recently. The chance of 'potential tournament banners' got people interested until the devs decided to confirm to a player in advance that there was 0 chance of that happening. That message was spread and you can guess the result.

It would't have mattered if there were no banners given at the end since there was no guarantee but oh well.

My 30,000,000 gold prize pool couldn't even keep their interest.
    Last edited by Perceval; 12-04-2017 at 09:35 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

+1 I think this is a great idea! It would be nice to see Lvl 66 pvp more active.