Thread: Special levels - won't pay again as is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Exclamation Special levels - won't pay again as is.

I just went back into the Halloween level in PL (Pumpkin Patch) after weeks of only playing SL but not remembering why I had switched. My friend and co-GM and I did fine for a while through careful teamwork and picking off the enemies methodically and precisely. We left without finishing and went back in because we'd previously had a plan to milk the level - but using different characters. When we went back we had to play with a person I'll call BC - because the level can't be hosted or locked. BC didn't play with us as a team and was a factor in each of us getting several deaths on our brand new sparkling clean characters. The other factor is that the enemies there seem to have much better group AI than usual. I've seen this in some of the other non-mainline levels - enemies seem to pay more attention to the enemies around them and when one of them "notices" me, the whole group does.

I can deal with the smarter AI by playing with someone who I trust IRL with my life. I can't deal with "enhanced difficulty" levels where I also can't choose who I am playing with. I'd think you could have a special spot on the map for holiday/event levels and have it only appear when those events are in progress.

Here's what I would suggest:
    1. Special temporary levels should be hostable like any level. If you want to "tune" them to adapt to the levels of characters playing them, that's great.
    2. These levels should be lockable like any normal level.
    If these suggestions, or something that accomplishes a similar end, can be added then I'll be interested in paying for them again in the future - but not as this Halloween PL level was.

Another idea that is only a thought: Perhaps for special temporary levels like these you could disable (or offer disabling) kills and deaths. The quests don't count toward the main count, why should the deaths and kills count? The rewards are experience, loot and just the fun of playing them.

I hope you'll consider my feedback as I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way and I'm not the only one who won't pay for a level of this nature again.
    Last edited by n00b13st; 10-31-2011 at 03:22 AM.
    2.718281828459045235360287471352662497757247093699 95957496696762772407663035354759457138217852516642 74274663919320030599218174135966290435729003342952 60595630738132328

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Honestly, deaths are part of a farmers life now that the Halloween level has arrived. Several of my farming twinks had no deaths previous to the Halloween map.

I am actually kind of glad the Halloween maps were non hostable. I met several new players who I would not have met had I been hosting.

Just saying.

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate
    PL ign: Yvonnel - 66 Enchantress / Yvonnela - 65 Archer / Yvonnelw - 55 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by n00b13st:467120
    I just went back into the Halloween level in PL (Pumpkin Patch) after weeks of only playing SL but not remembering why I had switched. My friend and co-GM and I did fine for a while through careful teamwork and picking off the enemies methodically and precisely. We left without finishing and went back in because we'd previously had a plan to milk the level - but using different characters. When we went back we had to play with a person I'll call BC - because the level can't be hosted or locked. BC didn't play with us as a team and was a factor in each of us getting several deaths on our brand new sparkling clean characters. The other factor is that the enemies there seem to have much better group AI than usual. I've seen this in some of the other non-mainline levels - enemies seem to pay more attention to the enemies around them and when one of them "notices" me, the whole group does.

I can deal with the smarter AI by playing with someone who I trust IRL with my life. I can't deal with "enhanced difficulty" levels where I also can't choose who I am playing with. I'd think you could have a special spot on the map for holiday/event levels and have it only appear when those events are in progress.

Here's what I would suggest:
    1. Special temporary levels should be hostable like any level. If you want to "tune" them to adapt to the levels of characters playing them, that's great.
    2. These levels should be lockable like any normal level.
    If these suggestions, or something that accomplishes a similar end, can be added then I'll be interested in paying for them again in the future - but not as this Halloween PL level was.

Another idea that is only a thought: Perhaps for special temporary levels like these you could disable (or offer disabling) kills and deaths. The quests don't count toward the main count, why should the deaths and kills count? The rewards are experience, loot and just the fun of playing them.

I hope you'll consider my feedback as I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way and I'm not the only one who won't pay for a level of this nature again.
    Seriously? You have got to be joking? lol
    Maybe STS should just give you the drops without having to earn them? I went on these dungeons with a level 10, usually with players at least double my level and the monsters were a joke...not difficult at all.