Thread: noobie questions

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 510 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default noobie questions

harro everyone, a few questions I have:

What tier do talons start dropping?

Do shields come with talons? If so, do i need to train anything to gain access to off hand weapons to equip my shield? I heard i needed to train warrior weapons to get a talon and shield but am not sure where i heard that from.

What are keys for? I have several of them and see where I can use them to "raid" a map but idk what that means?

I'm on tier 6, my weapons are trained up to tier 4, my helm, armor and underwear is tier 3. Do I need to get everything upgraded to whatever tier I am at before I move on? Same thing with my spells, theyre tier 2 and 3.

My current spells are heal, arcane bolt and lightning. Is it worth it to use root instead of arcane bolt?

I've read dev comments where this is supposed to be a more relaxed game that focuses on community and making friends but I rarely see any chatting going on in town, is there only one town or are things always quite? I only have 9 friends, and that's after starting a thread on here asking for invites. Also, are their other community, or group, aspects to the game besides boom challenge and gauntlet? I do gauntlet solo and have tried to join boom but no on ever joins.

I like this game ok but doubt I spend money on it like I did AL or PL. I really miss the mmo aspect of those games. I'm already finding it hard to keep grinding maps over and over. It seems like the maps are the same thing over and over. Is the "group" or "party" aspects greater at end game than where I am now? Are there any plans to add any more party maps like boom and gauntlet?

It's a fun game, but way different from PL or AL.
    Last edited by wvhills; 12-07-2017 at 02:01 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,949 Times in 1,242 Posts

Talons begin dropping at tier 8. The off hand shields start dropping at tier 7 I think. You don't have to train anything to use the off hand items.

Keys allow you to skip running the dungeon and instantly get the rewards at the end as if you finished running the dungeon. However you can only use a key on a dungeon that you have previously 3-starred.

Thanks

Talons drop in t7, as do all other one handed weapons and off hand weapons. They don't require any prerequisite training.
    I think the social aspects are likely to improve with the addition of guilds. As far as everyone being quiet..I'm not sure if they are ghosts while doing other things but it seems that way at times.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,949 Times in 1,242 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Java View Post
    Talons drop in t7, as do all other one handed weapons and off hand weapons. They don't require any prerequisite training.
    I think the social aspects are likely to improve with the addition of guilds. As far as everyone being quiet..I'm not sure if they are ghosts while doing other things but it seems that way at times.
    I think once most players reach end game there will be more social interaction. For me, I mostly grind the dungeons and when I'm in town it's because I'm taking a break to look through the items I looted, liquidate them at the furnace, or look for how to best spend my newly looted shards. So typically I'm not chatting or even looking at my friends list.

Overall though, the game does not seem overly social in its current format. The original Pocket Legends was the most social game I can remember as far as the aspect of standing in town and chatting. In AL there is not a whole lot of that happening. 99% of the in-town chat in AL is merchants trying to sell or buy stuff. Most social interaction in AL is in guilds. So maybe once we have guilds in PLA then we will have more social interaction. I'm sure PvP will help too as players need to communicate to form strategies.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 510 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thanks guys! I'm at the level where talons and shields dropped, I saw them last night. I can't clear the map with the talons yet. I keep dying. I've focused everything on offense so far. I think it's time to train some defense. hahaha.