Thread: What do you think about a new ( optional ) UI with higher skill cap for old players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Default What do you think about a new ( optional ) UI with higher skill cap for old players

Ive always wondered why are the controlls so simple and give almost no reward to players with good mechanical skill , rather its just button smashing ( i can play with my eyes closed and still do good ). Sure it gives a slight advantage in pvp since i can combo skills faster and thus have higher dps but by now most decent playes do that easly , for pve it ends on the the abillity to tap between pots and skills quickly . Im thinking of a new optional UI that can give some extra control over your character ( basicly manual control over what the system does automatically , like skill targeting ) . What do you guys think , also feel free to post any ideas for such a UI .

Edit : removed suggestions that took me less than 5mins to come up with cuz apperently nobody reads the larger , highlighted text . ( note to self , next time make bolt characters larger that the rest of the post and bright red XD )
    Last edited by Gouiwaa9000; 12-13-2017 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Trying to make the thread easier to read XD

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Ummmm okay I tried reading and failed, tried again and gave up. Um so make the controls complicated? I think the way it's designed is intentional
    76 Lethoiun 71 Hymns 58 Selfocracy
    "Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." J.R.R Tolkien

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lethoiun View Post
    Ummmm okay I tried reading and failed, tried again and gave up. Um so make the controls complicated? I think the way it's designed is intentional
    Lol sorry about that .But yes in shot its just a complex ( manual ) control system that poeple with good mechanical skill can use . Pretty much removes the limit of how good you can do to skill cooldowns . But as i said it should be optional since alot of poeple cant play like that .

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

I'm not sure of the removing joystick part.
    Last edited by Flamesofanger; 12-10-2017 at 07:42 AM. Reason: kitten stepped on keyboard

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Flamesofanger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gouiwaa9000 View Post
    Ive always wondered why are the controlls so simple and give almost no reward to players with good mechanical skill , rather its just button smashing ( i can play with my eyes closed and still do good ). Sure it gives a slight advantage in pvp since i can combo skills faster and thus have higher dps but by now most decent playes do that easly , for pve it ends on the the abillity to tap between pots and skills quickly . Im suggesting a new optional ( enabled from settings ) UI that can give some extra control over your character if you feel like learning it .

*Just want to hear the opinions on the subject of making a more complex and mechanically challenging UI with rewards for players who feel like using it , the ideas bellow are just a hint of something that could be implemented** feel free to comment any other ideas or judge mine XD ** bonus points if you guess which mobile game im taking some of these from *

First of all - manually targeted skills will be a nice option ( like in a Moba , select the skill and tap the enemy you want it to hit ) , this way i can send my fireball into the middle of the mob group/enemy team and stun the targets i want to stun rather than have it fly to a barrel 20m behind me .

- Remove the virtual joystick ( all targeting and moving can be be done manually by tapping on the screen instead of having your fingers rest in one place and relying on auto-targeting system ) .

- Improved movement system , Just start moving the character towards the place i tap on my screen ( something similar to how moving in pc MOBA games works ) this will probablly feel weird , but very usefull in the case of ping spikes , fps drops and that time where you cant even see your character because of the flashy procs/aa's/skills going off in a clash and end out walking over 5 pools of stacked death from a sns .

- skill swap shortcuts , ok this is a pure 100% upgrade with no cons , but the above ones should make up for it . ( tap and hold a skill to show a single shortcut above it , tap that to swap , unable to move or attack while swaping )

- ability to skip skill animations by casting a diffirent one . ( something close to what happens if you quickly use ice/lighting/gun atk or fb/lighting/gun atk on mage , but instead of merging the two animations one is just skipped )

- Remove the slight skill 'cooldown' you recive after using a diffirent one ( its rather annoying to have less output thah input , sometimes makes you tap twice )

-smaller icons of everything - beeing able to see more of whats infront of you is nice .

- i guess this comes with the manually targeted skills but , dashes should be fully manual in terms of the direction ( ever had your gale force throw you backwards into a wall ? Yeah its annoying af ) , rogs charged sp broken into two 'stages'

- ( this one might be to much , but i still like it XD ) select a target to auto attack with your weapon if its in range , AoE attacks just deal damage to nearby ones .Double Tap a diffirent target to swap and instantly reset your Auto attack. ( handy to single out a mob to proc your weapon , but can get really confusing )

( posted in general by accident , feel free to move it to suggestions if you have the powah to do so )
    "First of all - manually targeted skills will be a nice option" - Seems that would be a bit elaborate... Too much tapping in-between skills and pots... IMO, that would just lead to more delay. Instead, it would be better to just have skills fire in the direction that you are facing/firing and fire at "enemy" targets "only", this would fix the frustrating misfires when you intend to hit a particular target (sometimes right in front of you) and the skill fires in a totally different direction towards other targets (sometimes further away targets and sometimes those stupid barrels + crates).......

"Remove the virtual joystick ( all targeting and moving can be be done manually by tapping on the screen instead of having your fingers rest in one place and relying on auto-targeting system)" - Just, no. That "tap screen to move" stuff is just, no.

"Improved movement system" - improvements have already been made to the movement system when movement speed % awakening enhancements and the speed sets were implemented. In terms of "movement", there are currently no adjustments or improvements needed.

"ability to skip skill animations by casting a different one"- No comment.

"skill swap shortcuts , ok this is a pure 100% upgrade with no cons , but the above ones should make up for it . ( tap and hold a skill to show a single shortcut above it , tap that to swap , unable to move or attack while swapping)" - Also a bit elaborate... Seems it would only create delays...

"ability to skip skill animations by casting a diffirent one" - No comment.

"Remove the slight skill 'cooldown' you receive after using a different one" - No comment.

"smaller icons of everything" - No comment.

"dashes should be fully manual in terms of the direction" - No comment.

"select a target to auto attack with your weapon if its in range" - No comment.

Just my opinion on each option.

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

The selective targeting would be too op in pvp, if that happened everyone would target the rogue and there would be no point in even having tanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Only the skilled ones would be able to hit rouges