Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regarding trading permit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    No mam, I dont see any bad feelings anywhere in this thread; just exchange of thoughts. Which is exactly what forums are used for
    Sorry if my comments came out that strong. cheers

PS: +1 on the initial idea, the thread kinda steered away to the number of days required to unlock trading from bonus of unlocking.
    No your comments were ok. Thank you to all who commented. Thanks to you Greoatef also. I had forgotten about the length of time playing being a factor in whether or not we needed the permits. Take care allabodies and Seasonal Greetings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I am sorry mate, I fail to understand your post. Please help me understand, are you saying that bots created multiple characters, played the game, reached X level for Y reason and farmed the certain amount of gold given automatically to inventory. And the solution for that is a captcha quest.

Well, I can go to the science of developing a bot, both static and dynamic, but it will be a long read. You are talking about an AI that takes days of coding, and to run multiple threads of such code will take a high power cpu with a nice network bandwidth. But anyway for the sake of argument I say its possible and agree to you. Then what if the player starts the bot after completing the captcha?

PS: This is only annoying and irritating to players who create different accounts. Which makes me think why does 1 need multiple accounts to play, when they can have multiple characters on same account. Even if 1 char have trade enabled in that account all char can have items because they share the stash.
    I make it clearer, I have played this game long enough, bots were used for "X" number of reasons by players, it was so if you had reached lvl ... with a new character you automatically received gold, so after the abuse of bots the gold per-lvl system has been removed and i can say that sts can confirm this.

The players who abused it had a script or used ai, but that does not matter as far as i know that he had 10-20 accounts, each time a character reached lvl 15, he would receive 4K gold in his inventory, the character automatically removed and re-created with a random name this happened for more than 3 months some players thought it was suspicious and made screenshots and videos of it and later sts introduced the trade permit.

And a human verification quest can solve this problem and i can also say what if player "Y" starts a bot after he has brought a trade permit? Because that literally makes no sense to me.

The reason why players like me create a new account is that i am a f2p player and merchant. Why should i wait 12 days for 120 story tokens to create a new character on the same account? If i can do this within 10 days "100 story tokens" with a new account and can shorten the process.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greoatef View Post
    yeah i know buddy ... susie was replying to me thankyou very much, so be less rude please.

And to verify, if you have multiple toons on the same account you dont need another permit ... because i started a toon the other day and could use cs straight away. But then im from season one so maybe thats changed?

I have to say if i had started the game for real as a new player and couldnt access cs for ten days then it would be very frustrating.
    If this is to keep riff raff and players wanting to take advantage of aspects of the game from joining fast then im all for it?!?!?!?

And as PsychoNuke so rightly said .... if you can have multiple toons on one account, why would you want to make multiple accounts for your twinks?
    My apology that i am mean, but in this game there are players with the last name "rude" and i can not look/smell if the answer was meant for me.

The fact is that it is frustrating and I am not a season 1 player, which makes it annoying for players like me and "X" number of other players who have created a new account after, trade permit has been introduced, a faster option is a better option and that applies for every player in this community.

Yes, I am a twink without an endgame and i make a nice amount of gold, because many people in the game say that twinks can not earn an income without an endgame character and i prove that they are wrong.

I repeat it in order to avoid confusion:

"The reason why players like me create a new account is that i am a f2p player and merchant. Why should i wait 12 days for 120 story tokens to create a new character on the same account? If i can do this within 10 days "100 story tokens" with a new account and can shorten the process."

The fewer the facts, the stronger the opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

The trading permit is not only a downer for current players but especially for new players which will almost never stick around 10 days just so that they can access CS, trading and gifts, all which having grants the needs for a new player to progress. It's just displeasing from a current- and new players side of view.
    The reason for introducing the traders permit is due to something being taken advantage of repeatedly by bots/script users.
    This thread actually brought forth a solution in my eyes. The solution being as following:
    Quote Originally Posted by Futurereal View Post
    What needs to be done is very simple, a quest must be implanted in the game for auction, trading and gifts to other players the quest goes as follows you accept the quest and you have to solve a puzzle just like a verification code but in a form of a quest this ensures that you have access again for auction, trading and gifts to other players.
    This is an idea to show that only a human can solve it. The verification code is random and changes each time differently.
    It does require quite some coding and effort but I'm sure our devs can handle it.
    The community would appreciate if some work was put into this matter,and I believe it would bring a higher percentage of new players.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Abuze For This Useful Post:

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Exclamation

I got the date, so if the account was created before 4/7/16 the account is granted trader's permit and any characters created in that account can access trade.

PS: This thread was created to discuss the bonus on receiving the traders permit. I see posts are steering away from topic. Kindly create a new thread for the idea of having or not having a trader's permit.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I gotta say I was a bit miffed when I got the trading permit and then had to wait another week to be able to merch properly with another 5 slots. It makes it a lot harder to make money early game and maybe giving an extra slot (or ten, plz STS *wink*) on getting trading permit would help out.

I do like the trading permit though- I've returned after a year off the game and I'm really enjoying the lack of spam-bots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I got the date, so if the account was created before 4/7/16 the account is granted trader's permit and any characters created in that account can access trade.

PS: This thread was created to discuss the bonus on receiving the traders permit. I see posts are steering away from topic. Kindly create a new thread for the idea of having or not having a trader's permit.
    Precisely and therefore that new players drop out faster in this game and that's exactly why merchants like me and "X" number of others do not wait 12 days to make a new character on the same account because apparently you do not seem to comprehend.

Yes and forums have been made for discussion, so your comment is irrelevant, because why do you need more than 25 inventory slots over 25 stash slots and more than 1 auction slot if you have to wait 10 days for a trade permit? That is like walking with a shelf in front of your eyes.

Because you can not buy anything in auction and cannot trade with players because you can not get access without a trade permit! This therefore has no use whatsoever, but reflecting what results is less percentage of new players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ___Dexsie___ View Post
    I gotta say I was a bit miffed when I got the trading permit and then had to wait another week to be able to merch properly with another 5 slots. It makes it a lot harder to make money early game and maybe giving an extra slot (or ten, plz STS *wink*) on getting trading permit would help out.

I do like the trading permit though- I've returned after a year off the game and I'm really enjoying the lack of spam-bots.
    This is true, because for new players and f2p merchants it is certainly not easier to make gold and to wait 10 days for the use of an auction house or to exchange with players, I agree with you.

But i do not agree that we need more slots if you can get more slots with story tokens within those 10 days.

Do you know what i think is a dirty game, that someone is baffling here in the middle of a new account because he / she can not get it to his liking and that stifles me, because this will cause confusion and more support for this forum user "and i do not say names".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts

I understand the frustration concerning trading permit, but in a way Arcane legends is a long term game, so people who fall in love with the game will not care a lot to wait 10 days before getting the permit, if they cant wait 10 days maybe its not there kind of game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post
    I understand the frustration concerning trading permit, but in a way Arcane legends is a long term game, so people who fall in love with the game will not care a lot to wait 10 days before getting the permit, if they cant wait 10 days maybe its not there kind of game
    Yes and such is Arcane legends also a game for change because it is an MMO and that is made for changes that in the longer term people who love this game, must realize that it can not always be the same and always to their needs because i care what happens to the future of this game, but apparently other players are in the same loft, this is really nonsense because if they can not wait it is not their game??? And then the players who complain about "X" other things because the same people can not really feel optimistic, think out of the box man! What do you get back in return less percentage new players i just do not listen anymore this community is so repulsive that this community has not gotten better, there are still a few people in this community who think along with me and I am them grateful.

Fortunately I am not one of the people who say things verbally on the forum, so you can speak of happiness because for the same money you might have someone on the forum who spoke verbally, so be happy.

Edit:We don't care what people think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

hmmmm .... i started a new twink the other day, just for some fun ... to try and get a feel for the game from a fresh perspective.

I think as a brand new player to the game, having to wait for 10 days before using cs is not necessarily a bad thing. There is so much to do, look at, explore, find your feet in the game and discover how everything works. Getting into and following the quest line also takes a fair amount of time .. so getting to grips with cs and the market at the very beginning of game is over complicating things?
    I mean ... to be honest ... at very low levels im finding that there nothing i would want to put in cs anyhows?!?!?!? You dont loot any good gear that you could sell for any gold ... neither do you get any locked crate drops or anything like that. You just loot better gear than you have and can get better equipped. You dont really get ant good drops until you hit Garetta and can farm fangs and stuff .... but in order to fight the Orcs you have to be roughly at level 50. A brand new player to the game is NOT going to get to level 50 in 10 days ...

Maybe you are looking at the whole "10 days is a long time to wait for a trading permit" from the wrong perspective?
    From a brand new player to the game its just fine and dandy ... and in actual fact is helpful NOT to be able to access cs until then, because cs is complicated imho
    From an experienced players perspective of course this is different .. 10 days wait would be very frustrating.

So ... i want to know WHY do you want to create a toon and have access to cs instantly ... what would be the purpose of this?
    Last edited by Greoatef; 12-14-2017 at 06:37 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Greoatef For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

But yeah .... 1 auction slot is not very much to start with .... personally i think it would be better getting 5 or something

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futurereal View Post
    Precisely and therefore that new players drop out faster in this game and that's exactly why merchants like me and "X" number of others do not wait 12 days to make a new character on the same account because apparently you do not seem to comprehend.

Yes and forums have been made for discussion, so your comment is irrelevant, because why do you need more than 25 inventory slots over 25 stash slots and more than 1 auction slot if you have to wait 10 days for a trade permit? That is like walking with a shelf in front of your eyes.

Because you can not buy anything in auction and cannot trade with players because you can not get access without a trade permit! This therefore has no use whatsoever, but reflecting what results is less percentage of new players.
    1) I believe you have an account that has trade enabled by default as I see you joined the forum way back in 2014. and the traders permit only affects people who created account after 4/7/16. But you still choose to create another account, because you have your reasons.
    (I mean it will be great if I can hear from a beginner who is actually affected by this issue.)
    2) Understand how forums work, may be read the forum guidelines sometimes. Know what forum/sub forums/threads means. There is a reason they are there. I asked for a new thread so it get proper attention.
    3) Inventory slots and stash slots help players in collecting items while questing and during the events. This game isn't only about merching items and making gold.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

hmmmm .... i started a new twink the other day, just for some fun ... to try and get a feel for the game from a fresh perspective.

I think as a brand new player to the game, having to wait for 10 days before using cs is not necessarily a bad thing. There is so much to do, look at, explore, find your feet in the game and discover how everything works. Getting into and following the quest line also takes a fair amount of time .. so getting to grips with cs and the market at the very beginning of game is over complicating things?
    I mean ... to be honest ... at very low levels im finding that there nothing i would want to put in cs anyhows?!?!?!? You dont loot any good gear that you could sell for any gold ... neither do you get any locked crate drops or anything like that. You just loot better gear than you have and can get better equipped. You dont really get ant good drops until you hit Garetta and can farm fangs and stuff .... but in order to fight the Orcs you have to be roughly at level 50. A brand new player to the game is NOT going to get to level 50 in 10 days ...

Maybe you are looking at the whole "10 days is a long time to wait for a trading permit" from the wrong perspective?
    From a brand new player to the game its just fine and dandy ... and in actual fact is helpful NOT to be able to access cs until then, because cs is complicated imho
    From an experienced players perspective of course this is different .. 10 days wait would be very frustrating.

So ... i want to know WHY do you want to create a toon and have access to cs instantly ... what would be the purpose of this?
    As an experienced twink player i can say that it is not fun to wait 10 days for a trade permit, it is a fact that Arcane legends is not even a difficult MMO game. It is a very simple game that a mediocre player can understand this even in the beginning if you create a new account and try to recognize the game there is really no 10 days left to not recognize the game mechanism 8 out of 10 times an accidental player says to understand the basic of the game that's more by the number of players that has never played another MMO it is for new twink players and old players just easier to get cheap gears through an auction house and you do not have to list in the auction house if you do not want it, but a merchant or hardcore farmer type of player think differently in those 10 days that you have to purchase a trade permit. You can buy 5 auction slots "with story tokens", which is 7 days as an experienced twink player. I can tell you that as a twink you can farm "X" number of victus runes which are worth 200k each and that is not bad for a twink player "if you have the motivation for it" only i am more a merchant myself actually in fact you don't even need some lvl 50 plus character to finance your twink and i do not look at a wrong perspective at all, there is no wrong perspective only different, mostly limited, perspectives exist. I compare my own perspective, how i look at things, with what i can see.

From my experience it is therefore not convenient to have a trade permit at the beginning of the game because a quest gives more information to new and old players if you want to start with a new account and a trade permit is not a guide and that is another fact that people can not object to let me tell one thing auction house is not difficult at all in this game i know "Y" number of players "whose English is not our mother tongue" to use auction house i do not want to brag but i have made 250 mil gold as a f2p twink by being a merchant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

i still dont quite understand why you would need to create another account, be it on your own account or starting a brand new one, for the sole purpose of merching?!?!?!?
    Why not just use your main toon for trade? Once you have the gold you can shuffle it around around between friends, your seperate toons, or whatever, through either the trade window or your stash?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ipooponfifteens View Post
    Maybe you have not met anyone to leave the game because you never asked the players? And having a license has nothing to do with the fact that an experienced trader can not trade chat that is quite short if you ask me, because otherwise he was not an experienced trader who gave extra auction slots, is not necessary because you can buy slots with story tokens, hauntlet coins and cryostar coins or is someone here too lazy to farm some extra slots which he needs? The purpose of creating other accounts is for an experienced trader who has been explained a few times to shorten time and then says that we want everything for free? Sorry, but we have not brought this subject out because they are open ideas while there's ideas with a better perspective but you give yourself reducing the trade permit on the end so i do not see the benefit of having that trade permit because i show that I have the biggest word and only that counts.

The rest of your story does not apply and comes from hatred of someone who wants the biggest word and wants to be right about what is literally the wrong example on this forum, because it does not make the community better and that is a real shame because there are players who literally do not like it. I can say of myself that this player is not a platinum farmer and he is a good guildmate of mine who gave 80 million to friends of which 20 million had given me for making a tank that make myself a lucky player at the end of the day i can say that because he is just a very nice player but also very serious.
    Hmm, calm down.. I dont see which part of it shows hate towards anyone/or anything? If you feel offended by anything I said, even though I did not take names or quote anyone in my post, then I think your rage just proves me right. I think I hit the right nerve and hence I rest my case.
    You are booing me for having an opinion? lol, If it makes you feel good in saying mean stuff about me, then let it be, I dont live my life to impress you. May be next time you quote someone, learn to be a little civil, and show some respect to their opinion.

I think I wasted enough time on you and your paid guild mate... hence I just ignore all your future comments.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Thumbs up

i still dont quite understand why you would need to create another account, be it on your own account or starting a brand new one, for the sole purpose of merching?!?!?!?
    Why not just use your main toon for trade? Once you have the gold you can shuffle it around around between friends, your seperate toons, or whatever, through either the trade window or your stash?
    I agree bro, many of us said the same thing in different posts but some people don't get it..
    What can I say.. Its raining shady... their rage and reaction to my posts just dictates that I am right
    Retired