Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regarding trading permit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

Default Regarding trading permit.

I realise why the trading permit was implemented.... unscrupulous players and I use the term 'players' loosely were taking advantage. So when new players have finished doing the story quests for 10 days and purchased the permit..wouldn't it be a good idea to let them have more than one auction slot? After all they don't have much space in stash or inventory and may have looted items too good to delete but useless for them to equip. It's just an idea to keep more new players interested.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Yeah, 100 story tokens for 25 Inventory Slot, 25 Stash Slot and 5 Auction Slot Would be nice if there is Combo for Story Tokens

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Agreed

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Agree
    +1 !!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Here is the thing remove the trade permit from the game. This gives new players a chance to make sure they can check auction equipment and have more fun in the game, instead of sticking to a 10-day trade permit.

trade permit ensures that new players gives up faster for a reason that is no longer applicable at the moment, it also gives players who would like to re-create a new character not the chance to use auction this is seriously annoying.

What needs to be done is very simple, a quest must be implanted in the game for auction, trading and gifts to other players the quest goes as follows you accept the quest and you have to solve a puzzle just like a verification code but in a form of a quest this ensures that you have access again for auction, trading and gifts to other players.

This is an idea to show that only a human can solve it. The verification code is random and changes each time differently.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Futurereal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

i started a new toon the other day ..... spent about 2 hours playing and reached level 30, and opened the taders market?
    What takes 10 days .... access to cs .. im confused?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

Hi. If you open a character on the same account you don't need trader's permit again.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

ahhhh ... ty

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futurereal View Post
    Here is the thing remove the trade permit from the game. This gives new players a chance to make sure they can check auction equipment and have more fun in the game, instead of sticking to a 10-day trade permit.

trade permit ensures that new players gives up faster for a reason that is no longer applicable at the moment, it also gives players who would like to re-create a new character not the chance to use auction this is seriously annoying.

What needs to be done is very simple, a quest must be implanted in the game for auction, trading and gifts to other players the quest goes as follows you accept the quest and you have to solve a puzzle just like a verification code but in a form of a quest this ensures that you have access again for auction, trading and gifts to other players.

This is an idea to show that only a human can solve it. The verification code is random and changes each time differently.
    I disagree, for first it was not implemented as a captcha to verify between a human or a bot.
    Players were taking advantage of trading by creating different accounts to do shady stuff, not bots. I understand that 10 days might be a long time for a new player to start trading, may be they can cut it down to 50 story token, but TBH I haven't seen a player leave the game because they have to wait for 100 story token to unlock trading.

If a person can finish the said quest on the 1st day and can unlock trading then it defeats the purpose of having a permit altogether.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PsychoNuke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    Hi. If you open a character on the same account you don't need trader's permit again.
    This is not true my friend, you need to buy trade permit on every character you create, even on the same account.
    Which I believe should be changed, if my main character have trade unlocked, then I think my alts should have it as well. Not sure why it was not implemented like that, after-all they are in the same account.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

Well I have purchased more than one character with story tokens..thus enabling me to switch characters quickly and share stash..the new characters did not need another trading permit. I'm sure that's because they are using the same email account.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Well I have purchased more than one character with story tokens..thus enabling me to switch characters quickly and share stash..the new characters did not need another trading permit. I'm sure that's because they are using the same email account.
    We're talking about creating new accounts here because I'm not going to wait 12 days for 120 story tokens that just does not apply.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    This is not true my friend, you need to buy trade permit on every character you create, even on the same account.
    Which I believe should be changed, if my main character have trade unlocked, then I think my alts should have it as well. Not sure why it was not implemented like that, after-all they are in the same account.
    The fact that trade permit was introduced was because if a player had reached lvl "X" reason "Y" was given a certain amount of gold "automatically in inventory" because the new system was introduced in this way, trade permit was introduced because there was a massive number of bots "which again made new characters", followed in a routine to abuse gold farming.

The shortening of the trade permit is still a long time think of players who need an trade permit and then also want to open pet slots that is still waiting 10 days "combined" and there are not many players waiting for it, whether if they are old or new players. This again is seriously annoying and irritating players in the community.

And a quest solves this problem with a random verification code because we're talking about bots no other taboo.

The goal is to be able to use auction, exchange and gifts within 1 day, because 10 days is not needed!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

We're talking about creating new accounts here because I'm not going to wait 12 days for 120 story tokens that just does not apply.
    Yes.. I was talking about new accounts. Scroll back and you will see. In fact it was I who started this thread. Kind regards Susie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

I too can confirm that upon creating a new character on the same account a traders permit was not needed. The 10 day story token requirement was necessary to prevent a lot of unscrupulous activity in the game. Is it annoying at first, yes. But does it help the overall player base to have happier, healthier gameplay, absolutely.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Its weird, I have 3 characters on the same account (1 google account),slots purchased using story tokens, and had to purchase trade permit with 100 tokens on all char. I recreated a char now just to confirm and it does not have trade enabled, checked at the merchant and he has the trade permit for 100 tokens.

Is your account old? I believe there was a specific date for this and all the accounts created before that has trade enabled by default. In that case I rephrase my previous comment: it is not true for new accounts.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

The fact that trade permit was introduced was because if a player had reached lvl "X" reason "Y" was given a certain amount of gold "automatically in inventory" because the new system was introduced in this way, trade permit was introduced because there was a massive number of bots "which again made new characters", followed in a routine to abuse gold farming.

The shortening of the trade permit is still a long time think of players who need an trade permit and then also want to open pet slots that is still waiting 10 days "combined" and there are not many players waiting for it, whether if they are old or new players. This again is seriously annoying and irritating players in the community.

And a quest solves this problem with a random verification code because we're talking about bots no other taboo.

The goal is to be able to use auction, exchange and gifts within 1 day, because 10 days is not needed!
    I am sorry mate, I fail to understand your post. Please help me understand, are you saying that bots created multiple characters, played the game, reached X level for Y reason and farmed the certain amount of gold given automatically to inventory. And the solution for that is a captcha quest.

Well, I can go to the science of developing a bot, both static and dynamic, but it will be a long read. You are talking about an AI that takes days of coding, and to run multiple threads of such code will take a high power cpu with a nice network bandwidth. But anyway for the sake of argument I say its possible and agree to you. Then what if the player starts the bot after completing the captcha?

PS: This is only annoying and irritating to players who create different accounts. Which makes me think why does 1 need multiple accounts to play, when they can have multiple characters on same account. Even if 1 char have trade enabled in that account all char can have items because they share the stash.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    Its weird, I have 3 characters on the same account (1 google account),slots purchased using story tokens, and had to purchase trade permit with 100 tokens on all char. I recreated a char now just to confirm and it does not have trade enabled, checked at the merchant and he has the trade permit for 100 tokens.

Is your account old? I believe there was a specific date for this and all the accounts created before that has trade enabled by default. In that case I rephrase my previous comment: it is not true for new accounts.
    Ah yes. That may be why. I have been playing AL for over 4 years or more. I didn't start posting on here till fairly recently though. I hope I didn't cause any bad feeling by starting this thread. Kind regards, Susie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

yeah i know buddy ... susie was replying to me thankyou very much, so be less rude please.

And to verify, if you have multiple toons on the same account you dont need another permit ... because i started a toon the other day and could use cs straight away. But then im from season one so maybe thats changed?

I have to say if i had started the game for real as a new player and couldnt access cs for ten days then it would be very frustrating.
    If this is to keep riff raff and players wanting to take advantage of aspects of the game from joining fast then im all for it?!?!?!?

And as PsychoNuke so rightly said .... if you can have multiple toons on one account, why would you want to make multiple accounts for your twinks?
    Last edited by Greoatef; 12-12-2017 at 05:27 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Ah yes. That may be why. I have been playing AL for over 4 years or more. I didn't start posting on here till fairly recently though. I hope I didn't cause any bad feeling by starting this thread. Kind regards, Susie.
    No mam, I dont see any bad feelings anywhere in this thread; just exchange of thoughts. Which is exactly what forums are used for
    Sorry if my comments came out that strong. cheers

PS: +1 on the initial idea, the thread kinda steered away to the number of days required to unlock trading from bonus of unlocking.
    Retired