Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ideas to make pl great again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I’d like to vouch that we leave l100 as a whole and invest in l61-77 where it is more balanced and not controlled by only 1 op gun

2. The Following User Says Thank You to iDarkviper For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iDarkviper View Post
    I’d like to vouch that we leave l100 as a whole and invest in l61-77 where it is more balanced and not controlled by only 1 op gun
    We arent talking about pvp. We are talking about new things that will bring PL back alive and bring a new economy.
    No one is focused on lvl100 pvp. They are saying to take out rings in twink pvp because it relys on luck for crits/dodge/hit% ECT.. Fact is. Even endgame relies on luck. Not just twink
    Last edited by slamm3dsoc13ty; 12-11-2017 at 06:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jilsponie View Post
    But everyone can use it, so it balances out. Luck is always a factor in a game with hit% dodge and crit...

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk
    Like I’ve said, it’s unbalanced not in the sense of the availability of the item itself, since everyone can use it, its unbalanced because of the stats it gives. 3pc with founders gives about 15dmg, dps, and the 2crit. That may not seem like a good amount, but with lower level twink levels it is. I’m talking stats, not who can or cant get what. I’ve seen many people in town, pms, gc, etc, all bring up one common problem, and that is the high amount of damage that low level twinks have with 3pc rings, now throw in the crit factor and you’ll see how quickly crit can become a problem. Making 2pc/3pc rings 76+ or better yet 56+ can solve this problem without taking away the rings people earned like you’ve said before. Since i don’t twink i don’t really care whether this happens or not, and honestly it probably won’t. Although i do remember quite a few people quitting twink for this very reason a while back.
    Last edited by Arvoh; 12-11-2017 at 06:32 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arvoh View Post
    Like I’ve said, it’s unbalanced not in the sense of the availability of the item itself, since everyone can use it, its unbalanced because of the stats it gives. 3pc with founders gives about 15dmg, dps, and the 2crit. That may not seem like a good amount, but with lower level twink levels it is. I’m talking stats, not who can or cant get what. I’ve seen many people in town, pms, gc, etc, all bring up one common problem, and that is the high amount of damage that low level twinks have with 3pc rings, now throw in the crit factor and you’ll see how quickly crit can become a problem.
    But everyone gets the same "advantage" meaning there is no advantage. The majority of the people I see say this are people that bought founders accounts before the helm was tradable. It's a fair fight now. These people bought these accounts because they needed the advantage to win, now it's gone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

But everyone gets the same "advantage" meaning there is no advantage. The majority of the people I see say this are people that bought founders accounts before the helm was tradable. It's a fair fight now. These people bought these accounts because they needed the advantage to win, now it's gone.

Doesn’t matter if everyone has the same stats, the term “balance” covers more than just fairness in regards to the gear that people have when fighting each other in PvP. If the damage output is increased too much, because of the rings, in comparison to the HP (where 35 mages only have 400hp or so, so you can see how 3pcs could be a problem in that level). then it’ll be unbalanced. Kinda like when the blasters were first introduced last year and birds were autoing everyone. I’ve seen a lot of people agree on twink reverting back to the old rings instead of using 3pcs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

The fact is that even though everyone has a 3pc ring, it doesn't mean its balanced. I played levels 25-71 through the past few months and I know for a fact from the levels I played it is definitely dominated by critical hit damage... and many others have confirmed that.

Imagine being in a big ole fist fight with about 20 other people, then someone decides to hand out handguns to everybody without giving them Kevlar but you still try to call it a fist fight. The crit is op... you can't argue it.

Idk if that makes any sense, worth a shot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slamm3dsoc13ty View Post
    Thats your problem. Youre looking at it as a "i just want to take, take, take" you dont want to give anything in return. You have no sympathy for the hard work Cinco does by himself or how he also has to work on PLA, AL and PL. PL being the least funded of the 3. Ive already suggest a map that would be reskinned and more then likely an elite map that required teamwork like slayer did. Im not saying add the loot to spacetime stuio. Im saying reskin slayer. Making the f2p map elite and the plat map eligable to use hp/mana potions. Even if the drop rates are low. The price will drop faster then you think it will. Why create an economy that will drop hard in price in a matter of 2 weeks. Making a map at Lvl100 however will get people to cap and will keep the economy thriving for alot longer. Drop rates would be lowered as needed. .09% in F2P and .25% in plat paid maps. They need to be significantly different that way sts can get some sort of revenue which is what they need to keep this game going instead of taking money that they could be using to improve other games.
    I agree with everything here sao....but I also think implementing crafting into vanities again is a good idea aswell

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Here’s a scenario:

Some ring gives +1000 damage to all levels and it works in pvp. Let’s say people use it for level 50 pvp and everyone has it. Yes everyone has the same “advantage,” but does that advantage actually make the pvp more skill based? Of course not. From what I’m seeing these people are arguing to remove these overpowered items from lower level pvp so it is more skill based and I don’t see an issue there at all.
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kurvy View Post
    The fact is that even though everyone has a 3pc ring, it doesn't mean its balanced. I played levels 25-71 through the past few months and I know for a fact from the levels I played it is definitely dominated by critical hit damage... and many others have confirmed that.

Imagine being in a big ole fist fight with about 20 other people, then someone decides to hand out handguns to everybody without giving them Kevlar but you still try to call it a fist fight. The crit is op... you can't argue it.

Idk if that makes any sense, worth a shot
    Your argument is that 1-2 crit max makes that big of a difference? Do you know basic math?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xyzther View Post
    Here’s a scenario:

Some ring gives +1000 damage to all levels and it works in pvp. Let’s say people use it for level 50 pvp and everyone has it. Yes everyone has the same “advantage,” but does that advantage actually make the pvp more skill based? Of course not. From what I’m seeing these people are arguing to remove these overpowered items from lower level pvp so it is more skill based and I don’t see an issue there at all.
    I never said anything about skill... it's fair and balanced. Some kids just can't figure out twink levels and blame the stats... they say crit is the problem, but black rings only add 2%. Just because a couple people can't get used to a different level pvp, doesn't mean start restricting items that have been used for years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I agree with everything here sao....but I also think implementing crafting into vanities again is a good idea aswell
    You cant have both. Its one or the other. A long term stable economy or short term one. No point in added a short term economy that will more then likely be botted just like plasma. If you make a elite map that requires teamwork like slayer did. BOOM!!!! 99% sure no one will be able to bot (as long as the potion glitch is fixed for PC). we cant have 2 sets of drag for 2 totally different level map. Then no one will have the incentive to cap at all. Keep it at 100 with the plat dungeon and you will have more people buying plat to cap/farm. Even making us finish the quest in spacetime studios to gain access to the f2p elite map would be great. Make another quest for the elite map such as kill the singular boss 100 times for a spacetime studio vanity uniform.
    Last edited by slamm3dsoc13ty; 12-11-2017 at 08:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

I never said anything about skill... it's fair and balanced. Some kids just can't figure out twink levels and blame the stats... they say crit is the problem, but black rings only add 2%. Just because a couple people can't get used to a different level pvp, doesn't mean start restricting items that have been used for years.

I can see where you would think that but I've asked people who have twinking for years jil and they say the same thing, Crit is op. I played L15 and 30 before the 3pc rings and it was enjoyable. Crit has overtaken it though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

You cant have both. Its one or the other. A long term stable economy or short term one. No point in added a short term economy that will more then likely be botted just like plasma. If you make a elite map that requires teamwork like slayer did. BOOM!!!! 99% sure no one will be able to bot (as long as the potion glitch is fixed for PC). we cant have 2 sets of drag for 2 totally different level map. Then no one will have the incentive to cap at all. Keep it at 100 with the plat dungeon and you will have more people buying plat to cap/farm. Even making us finish the quest in spacetime studios to gain access to the f2p elite map would be great. Make another quest for the elite map such as kill the singular boss 100 times for a spacetime studio vanity uniform.
    Ok I'm looking at the part about incentive to cap and everything, all of that is irrelevant until 2h is fixed,even if everyone gets one it's still not something I'm gonna take part in. And I feel like we shouldn't design our pve maps around bots? Bots always get banned. Someone finds out one way or another. Also sao I think if this crafting is implemented more people will farm the stuff to craft into better stuff, which can be crafted into even better stuff... look at my new thread to see that more in depth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Ok I'm looking at the part about incentive to cap and everything, all of that is irrelevant until 2h is fixed,even if everyone gets one it's still not something I'm gonna take part in. And I feel like we shouldn't design our pve maps around bots? Bots always get banned. Someone finds out one way or another. Also sao I think if this crafting is implemented more people will farm the stuff to craft into better stuff, which can be crafted into even better stuff... look at my new thread to see that more in depth
    We should design them around bots. We have TO THIS DAY. Atleast 5 locked games of nothing but plasma pyramid ALL DAY. This isnt something we should let continue for a new map like this, otherwise it will turn into the same thing. This has nothing to do with pure stat weapond at all. As someone who owns 4 pure stats (bear, bird, rhino, mage) i know their OP in pvp. Most people who cap lvl100 arent looking to pvp. Although you do see the typical nub in pvp that doesnt know anything about endgame. Alot of people i know pve for farming. Alot cap just to farm for items such as the ones ive suggested so many times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

We should design them around bots. We have TO THIS DAY. Atleast 5 locked games of nothing but plasma pyramid ALL DAY. This isnt something we should let continue for a new map like this, otherwise it will turn into the same thing. This has nothing to do with pure stat weapond at all. As someone who owns 4 pure stats (bear, bird, rhino, mage) i know their OP in pvp. Most people who cap lvl100 arent looking to pvp. Although you do see the typical nub in pvp that doesnt know anything about endgame. Alot of people i know pve for farming. Alot cap just to farm for items such as the ones ive suggested so many times.
    I agree with making the dungeons hard enough to where you need teams to avoid bots, but to an extent... we should always be on the lookout for them but we shouldn't shape our pve around them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

We arent talking about pvp. We are talking about new things that will bring PL back alive and bring a new economy.
    No one is focused on lvl100 pvp. They are saying to take out rings in twink pvp because it relys on luck for crits/dodge/hit% ECT.. Fact is. Even endgame relies on luck. Not just twink

One of the main things keeping PL alive is PvP.

Plus this thread is about making pl great again generally

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

I can see where you would think that but I've asked people who have twinking for years jil and they say the same thing, Crit is op. I played L15 and 30 before the 3pc rings and it was enjoyable. Crit has overtaken it though.
    If crit was such a problem, the answer would be nerfing the crit buff every class has... The buffs add far more crit then the 2% you get from a black ring. How is 2% crit even relevant when you get more then 10x that with your buffs.... removing rings because of 2%? I've been twinking since 76 cap, I fell right into the new stats, no problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arvoh View Post
    PL definitely needs a hotdog vanity hat
    forget the hotdog vanity hat.. we need a hotdog vanity costume :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

If crit was such a problem, the answer would be nerfing the crit buff every class has... The buffs add far more crit then the 2% you get from a black ring. How is 2% crit even relevant when you get more then 10x that with your buffs.... removing rings because of 2%? I've been twinking since 76 cap, I fell right into the new stats, no problem.

I'm becoming involved in this conversation because I believe I may be able to clear some things up. Firstly, yes I agree that 2% crit is next to nothing in terms of the big picture of PvP stats. However, that in conjunction with the higher damage bonuses given from 3pc make the crits hit that much harder. Crit damage is based upon a percentage of the damage you normally would hit, by increasing the base damage, you are amplifying the crit that much more.

Also, with the lower armor totals in PvP levels under 50, these crits are getting through with nearly no resistance (no armor). Thus, the issue is indeed the crit, but the crit chance is only a small part of it. The damage increase amplifying the crit is what is a bigger problem. It's the combination that causes this issue.

I hope this clears things up.

-Walie

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Congeniality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

- Fossilized Dragon Egg CRAFTABLE INTO Vanity
    - Lower Starry Drop Rate (Lots of OP 100s with Devs and Psykos farming them, flooding the market)
    - 2pc/3pc Rings L76+ (removing op crit and Luck from twink levels)
    - An Idea where all the Halloween Rings can be crafted into something amazing (Hallowed Deci/Mimi/Bling/Samhain) since they are useless right now
    - RECOLORED Starries/Holos, idk WHY this idea keeps getting avoided but it's definitely worth it (charcoal holo/orange holo/midnight starry)
    - An assortment of white dragons with all different colored wings/sleeves/horns like how black drag is black and red, it could be white drag with blue/purple/green/red as the secondary colors
    - Another idea on the dragon sets, since ALL dragon set prices have dropped dramatically, why not make it so if you have the blue/green/gold/red sets and their pets you can craft it into a new kind of dragon, (maybe like the ones mentioned above) but IF you have black drag/red/blue/green/gold AND there pets it could be crafted into a new black dragon set with a neon secondary color that glows or gives off essence like crafted 65 sets?
    - Minotaurs/Spider pets. Basically the same idea with the dragon sets. If you have all the minotaurs rage/fleece/overtime/I forget the others.... you could craft it into a cooler Minotaur (white with glowing neon eyes) same with spider pets...

And I'm willing to bet people will buy plat to try and get the Mitas/overtime/cousin kristie from the pet packs.....

Most of these ideas are me just thinking of ways to bring now worthless items back into play... IMPLEMENT away!
    There's nothing wrong with 3pc rings being worn by a level 1 in my opinion.
    The damage doesn't change lower bracket pvp with these rings, it has the same crit/dps as the 2 crit & 10 damage ring that already exists in game.
    All these rings do is increase our survivability which in my opinion is a good thing.
    I don't remember damage being so op at lower levels but I believe Cinco may have reworked how damage works, that is the reason for op damage.