This thread is getting toxic and im hoping to slip something in before it gets locked.
First of all, it is clear that last years grotto was incorrectly host-able without having to spawn a portal. It was supposed to be 50 platinum for 1 elixer that has a chance at spawning portal in the winter village or toy factory. The fact that people hosted it was not an "exploit" or a way around buying the elixer. It was hostable so people hosted it.

This year, possibly unaware that grotto was accessible for 2 plat last year, sts cut the 50 plat lix in half, maybe thinking that the players would be greatful for the break in price. In my opinion 25 platinum is too much this year for items that were obtainable for 2 plat last year (incident or not). If grotto was exclusively 50 platinum last year, these items would be much more valueable and crown of frost would not be 5k in cs all the time. However keeping the 25 platinum price this year could make people realize it wont be so easy to get these items in the future and price could go up?

Accidents happen and blame gets put on the people in charge, even if their intentions were good. My question is what is to be done about it? Keep it how it is? Lower elixer cost? Group grotto with 2 plat lix? It doesnt matter to me which, i would just like to clear up some of the confusion.

The only time i was disappointed this winter is when i realized village and toy factory bosses most likely dont drop anything. This saddens me as i love all the multi-colored wreaths they come up with and was looking forward to farming them all day long! It was what made winter event fun for the ones who dont have 25 plat to spend per drop.

Thanks for reading, kinda lengthy.