Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Will not be hosting a christmas tournament

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Y'all trying to get some forum mods . ?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Congeniality View Post
    I would also argue that when someone dedicates their profession to game development, it would make sense for those that truly love it to "branch out" and make new games simply out of the passion to do so. Yes, milking out one game can be extremely profitable, but so can making many games and if it makes the job more enjoyable, why wouldn't it be done?

I find the belief that STS somehow left PL to be somewhat misguided. If anything, PL has been constantly watched by the developers and maintained. However, at the same time, I feel that the fact that the developers moved on to other games shows that they enjoy what they are doing, not simply looking to milk a cash cow as they could have with PL..... If anything, making endless updates for one game would kill what love anyone had for game development fairly quickly as there would be a hindrance on the creative aspects of it.

As a final point, I think us as players should lay off the STS bashing, if anything, a point has already been made and any further talking is a little excessive. Keep in mind that these are people who are making a living for making new games and maintaining PL. They aren't heartless robots out to make your game terrible. They wouldn't ever want their game to be "bad". There simply is no incentive for that. Understand devs work to make the game great and be mindful of that when you target posts their way.

Disclaimer: Not trying to create an argument, just trying to shed light as to the human side to the people behind the game.

Let's keep heads level and emotions on the down-low ,

Walie
    Nicely put. I really do admire the entire STS staff. They put so much heart into what they do and have fostered a robust community, and that is a huge reason as to why I've stuck around for the last 7.5 years.

But that's exactly what their job demands: achieving a steady flow of income through paying customers. And that can't be achieved when community members feel abandoned. It's ultimately a 2-way street. Some may say "it's just a game," but PL has become a social extension of my life, and for many others. I've encountered individuals in the game who have told me that PL has prevented them from committing suicide. A gaming experience like that of PL is unique and should be cherished. And we can't sustain that if we don't point out the flaws in the game. PL has reached a stage where all of it's aspects have crumbled apart.

That said, we should most defintely express our opinions in mature, professional ways. And I do apologize if my first post came across too unconstructively. But at the heart of it all is genuine care for the collective community.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 12-13-2017 at 07:11 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Nicely put. I really do admire the entire STS staff. They put so much heart into what they do and have fostered a robust community, and that is a huge reason as to why I've stuck around for the last 7.5 years.

But that's exactly what their job demands: achieving a steady flow of income through paying customers. And that can't be achieved when community members feel abandoned. It's ultimately a 2-way street. Some may say "it's just a game," but PL has become a social extension of my life, and for many others. I've encountered individuals in the game who have told me that PL has prevented them from suicide. A gaming experience like that of PL is unique and should be cherished. And we can't sustain that if we don't point out the flaws in the game. PL has reached a stage where all of it's aspects have crumbled apart.

That said, we should most defintely express our opinions in mature, professional ways. And I do apologize if my first post came across too unconstructively. But at the heart of it all is genuine care for the collective community.
    Great use of words will 100% agree

ELITE