Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Removal of excess FORGED ENERGY KITS!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #21
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abuze View Post
    Thanks STS for removing my thread
    If we aren't allowed to give our insight regarding things why are we able to make post on forums? I made extra sure not come off too negative and to include actual facts.
    Why do you guys give the idea that you only tolerate positive feedback?
    That was my bad, the thread had grown toxic and I did not have time to moderate properly. We do tolerate negative feedback (a lot of it) but it gets unproductive when people threaten to quit if they don't get their way, insult us, or shout their side of the discussion. The OP was fine, there were just less incendiary ones (like this one) already discussing the issue. Sorry for the sloppy moderation, here is your original post again:

Quote Originally Posted by Abuze View Post
    If this is a one time thing to clean up servers then it's understandable, but if this gets done after every event the consequences of this is completely disabling AL's loyal players who don't have much time to farm on a regular basis.
    Plenty of F2P players farm energy from the current active event for the next. The reason for this being that they won't have as much time for farming energy during the next event therefore farming it now to negate having a bigger disadvantage during the next event. Others farm energy ahead of time so they can get a bit of an advantage early on during the next event and farming energy early on is one of the only ways to compete with P2P players which are a big portion of players on the LB. Removing excess energy will significantly disable the F2P players.
    While I said it's understandable I never said that it's fair to remove excess forged energy. As I mentioned above many players do this planning ahead of time which is a great thing to do in life. Removing the 'excess' forged energy will be unfair to those that did it.
    If the 'excess' forged energy is to be removed there has to be some sort of compensation since STS basically will have robbed most players of their time and effort. If a player doesn't seem to like or be enjoying an event they mostly also start stockpiling forged energy for the next event.
    Robbing players of their planning ahead method is wrong and in most people eyes will only benefit the P2P as they already control the major portion of energy event LBs.
    The game has already lost multiple great players because of what the game is heading towards. I won't say more negative things about AL because like most I still have hope that AL will have a better future for all it's players, NOT P2P players only.
    There are tons of players who have great ideas for improving AL all that's needed is for them to be heard out and STS to keep working on AL. Neither of us want AL to become extremely inactive, the game has been going on for multiple years and can keep doing so for many more years to come!
    I will point out that you saying we "robbed" you of your time and effort and demanding compensation is a bit provocative, we could also say we have given free players hundreds (thousands, tens-of-thousands) of hours of entertainment for nothing.

The horded energy was becoming a problem for reasons already stated. We could have just removed it before the event but we wanted to give you a heads up so you could utilize it one more time. As Vroom said we'll reevaluate the next energy event based on this.

Winter is going to be a good event. Hopefully people will enjoy it
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post: