Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Removal of excess FORGED ENERGY KITS!!

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #21
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abuze View Post
    Thanks STS for removing my thread
    If we aren't allowed to give our insight regarding things why are we able to make post on forums? I made extra sure not come off too negative and to include actual facts.
    Why do you guys give the idea that you only tolerate positive feedback?
    That was my bad, the thread had grown toxic and I did not have time to moderate properly. We do tolerate negative feedback (a lot of it) but it gets unproductive when people threaten to quit if they don't get their way, insult us, or shout their side of the discussion. The OP was fine, there were just less incendiary ones (like this one) already discussing the issue. Sorry for the sloppy moderation, here is your original post again:

Quote Originally Posted by Abuze View Post
    If this is a one time thing to clean up servers then it's understandable, but if this gets done after every event the consequences of this is completely disabling AL's loyal players who don't have much time to farm on a regular basis.
    Plenty of F2P players farm energy from the current active event for the next. The reason for this being that they won't have as much time for farming energy during the next event therefore farming it now to negate having a bigger disadvantage during the next event. Others farm energy ahead of time so they can get a bit of an advantage early on during the next event and farming energy early on is one of the only ways to compete with P2P players which are a big portion of players on the LB. Removing excess energy will significantly disable the F2P players.
    While I said it's understandable I never said that it's fair to remove excess forged energy. As I mentioned above many players do this planning ahead of time which is a great thing to do in life. Removing the 'excess' forged energy will be unfair to those that did it.
    If the 'excess' forged energy is to be removed there has to be some sort of compensation since STS basically will have robbed most players of their time and effort. If a player doesn't seem to like or be enjoying an event they mostly also start stockpiling forged energy for the next event.
    Robbing players of their planning ahead method is wrong and in most people eyes will only benefit the P2P as they already control the major portion of energy event LBs.
    The game has already lost multiple great players because of what the game is heading towards. I won't say more negative things about AL because like most I still have hope that AL will have a better future for all it's players, NOT P2P players only.
    There are tons of players who have great ideas for improving AL all that's needed is for them to be heard out and STS to keep working on AL. Neither of us want AL to become extremely inactive, the game has been going on for multiple years and can keep doing so for many more years to come!
    I will point out that you saying we "robbed" you of your time and effort and demanding compensation is a bit provocative, we could also say we have given free players hundreds (thousands, tens-of-thousands) of hours of entertainment for nothing.

The horded energy was becoming a problem for reasons already stated. We could have just removed it before the event but we wanted to give you a heads up so you could utilize it one more time. As Vroom said we'll reevaluate the next energy event based on this.

Winter is going to be a good event. Hopefully people will enjoy it
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    A few of the comments here are correctly addressing things that we can and will evaluate with the removal of excess energy:

- The crafting time of farmed energy
    - The drop rate of energy essence
    - The score requirements for tiers

These are all things that have been adjusted because of the issue of hoarded energy. With the removal of hoarded energy, we can look at these changes to make sure that you have a fun experience during an event rather than feeling like you have to hoard a ton of energy just so you can compete in the next event.

The reduction of crafting time for example sounds like a great future adjustment since players will have to use their energy during the event!

Note: Because excess energy still remains we likely won't make any of these changes for winter, but we will keep an eye on energy consumption during the event and evaluate before the next!
    Vroom,

Prior to 2016 during events we saw:
    • Energy orbs dropped after killing an event boss
    • Energy event kits drop from event chests (winter 2017 first event without event crate energy kits, understandable)

Any chance this will come back into play in the future?

After 2017:
    • Increase energy rates in end game maps, e.g. Mausoleums maps

I know you mentioned above increase in energy, but, it's very low in end game maps.

Thanks in advance (:
    Ava
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Removing forged kits would be fine, if other changes are implemented. Otherwise it's just going to decrease event activity. If you don't understand this, then.. well, I'm not gonna say what I want, since I still need my forum account for guild purposes.

So here are a few sugegstions:

- Decrease energy crafting time (currently 2 hours);

- Decrease free energy recharge time (currently 8 hours);

- Give us more free energies (currently 3);

- Re-implement the energy drop from event bosses;

- Most importantly: spend some time calculating and testing in order to find the optimal amount of points/runs needed to reach the event tier marks. It has become ridiculous lately. There was this event where you could reach gold tier after a few runs on day 1. And now we get an event where many people are unlikely to get even to gold, let alone plat, which seems impossible for people who have actual lives outside this game.

Ty.

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #24
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    Removing forged kits would be fine, if other changes are implemented. Otherwise it's just going to decrease event activity. If you don't understand this, then.. well, I'm not gonna say what I want, since I still need my forum account for guild purposes.

So here are a few sugegstions:

- Decrease energy crafting time (currently 2 hours);

- Decrease free energy recharge time (currently 8 hours);

- Give us more free energies (currently 3);

- Re-implement the energy drop from event bosses;

- Most importantly: spend some time calculating and testing in order to find the optimal amount of points/runs needed to reach the event tier marks. It has become ridiculous lately. There was this event where you could reach gold tier after a few runs on day 1. And now we get an event where many people are unlikely to get even to gold, let alone plat, which seems impossible for people who have actual lives outside this game.

Ty.
    We'll definitely look at all of these once the excess crafted energy has been purged from the system.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #25
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    Vroom,

Prior to 2016 during events we saw:
    • Energy orbs dropped after killing an event boss
    • Energy event kits drop from event chests (winter 2017 first event without event crate energy kits, understandable)

Any chance this will come back into play in the future?

After 2017:
    • Increase energy rates in end game maps, e.g. Mausoleums maps

I know you mentioned above increase in energy, but, it's very low in end game maps.

Thanks in advance (:
    Ava
    All of these are possibilities and things we will be considering!
    | | | |

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

well was gone for a bit, took a nice break Hello guys and devs... any improvement with energy...is an improvement really. I "HATED" having to hord to play events. this year it was painful to keep playing or stay somewhat competitive. so i was like meh... now with this....its nice.

good job devs.

My 2 cents.

more of everything...

-craft essences
    -full orbs
    -and MUCH less craft time...obviously. (it would be nice to "boom" use energy 3...then go hunt and craft, then back to the event )

Getting in and out has always been the best part of legends series...time to bring that back. (and yes even the disliked energy kits...can be reduced in price.)
    Last edited by octavos; 12-22-2017 at 12:28 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Less crafting time for energy kits 🤙🏻

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    The reason they removed energy drop from bosses was because they replaced it with a guaranteed essence drop at boss. I Honestly prefer it over the energy ball drop, since it had a chance to drop at the worst times(whenever I had 2-3 energy already on bar XD).

In my book an event where the items are good and expensive is better than an event where energy is abundant.
    Making energy cheap and abundant doesn't make life easier for new players looking to make money on this event or non plat purchasing lb runners like me who r just looking for a free banner to pimp out their house.

Sorry would be more eloquent to explain why event is fine without buffing energy essence drops but I have limited time and currently multi tasking writing thiis post while defeating the frost!
    It's not just about making money. It's after all mostly about having fun. What are people who play 1 hour a day supposed to do when they see next event? Zero saved energies, huge amount of runs needed to reach tiers, so-so rewards etc. I tell you what: they don't bother at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    We'll definitely look at all of these once the excess crafted energy has been purged from the system.
    Okay. Thank you.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tatman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

This is a positive change. Hoarded energy gave an inappropriate competitive advantage to obsessive players. Having to compete with them takes a lot of fun out of the game.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Thanks STS for the amazing job, we all complain sometimes(including me) and some people complains all the time but theres a fact: Arlor is an awesome place to have fun, chill, play, laugh and meet people. Those changes sounds really positive and I'm excited to see them working. The Tiers Checkpoints killed me this year and now I understand why they are so high, thanks for clarify.
    Last edited by Sasamon; 12-27-2017 at 12:22 AM.
    IGN: Sasamon
    Endgame PvE Rogue
    Retired Combatant of <Enigmatic>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

100 crafting slots?!