Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PvP game level ranges

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Banned View Post
    Boot.

Nuff said.

And if you're wondering how to boot an opponent, leave the game, join the other team, boot.
    Gee that's convenient and simple. I guess you have to quit and join again to get to your original team then. Option 1 would be bad. Option 2 is far better though I don't think either is the ultimate perfect solution.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #22
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,513 Posts

According to the votes, looks like the short-term solution will be Option 2 with a 10 level range (+/- 5 from game creator) will be tried first. We can always fall back to Option 1 if it doesn't work, and to the user, it will just look like [hopefully] more games are available.

Thanks for the feedback!

-ALS

PS. As far as booting goes, currently, only the game creator can boot, so if the game creator leaves, no other players can be booted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    Gee that's convenient and simple. I guess you have to quit and join again to get to your original team then. Option 1 would be bad. Option 2 is far better though I don't think either is the ultimate perfect solution.
    It's better then nothing. There's times when I just want to go on my lower level character and run a boss around the map with my buddies. But, guess what? I CAN'T.

There's also times I'd like to build experiment in PvP with a character I am in the process of leveling. Too bad the majority of my friends have already hit the level cap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    According to the votes, looks like the short-term solution will be Option 2 with a 10 level range (+/- 5 from game creator) will be tried first. We can always fall back to Option 1 if it doesn't work, and to the user, it will just look like [hopefully] more games are available.

-ALS
    Seems like a good working solution. Boost to numbers & saves some of the extreme level differences!

I really hope there are more PvP games visible to join and that leads to more games still. PvP with 5v5 could be very fun.

Will have to get my alts up and running so I can join PvP at the different ranges too : )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As much as I love option 1, and I do, it would ruin pvp points/rewards if they ever come out. So option 2 for sure or option 1 for now only

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #26
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,513 Posts