Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: unkindness to other players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Default unkindness to other players

the other day a random player started pm me abusive unkind messages for no reason.
    I am old, not so much in years, as i think age is not defined so much in years but more in experience, context, and understanding ... so like a reed in the wind, once the wind stops blowing me over i simple stand back up straight unaffected. No matter how hard the wind howls and rages around the mountain is still unaffected?
    If a were a younger player, say 12 years old (there are some in my guild) then this is cyber bullying ... and random messages of hatred to random players in our al community is unacceptable imho.
    Our conduct and how we treat others is just but a reflection of ourselves ... so why be hateful unkind .... and this includes forum members.

I dont understand ... i mean players are nasty in game and in forums ... the trolling ... the derisiveness ... yet it only serves you to be seen publically across the whole beautiful community here as unkind.
    Is that what you want you need, is that who you are? You play on other kind peoples insecurity.

In a virtual game we can be whoever however we want ...and is that not our inner self?
    All in game personalities shine so bright ... i see through you ... your free pure colours exposed to be who you want to be free from the reality, consequences, responsibility of life.
    Your in game toon is your real inner self.
    So be kind at all times specifically to younger members.

Love and kindness is like sunlight through the leaves of a tree ....dappled sparkling shifting light, moved randomly by an external force of the air that changes from each moment to the next .... its truly beautiful astounding ...infinately diverse and unpredictable dancing through the leaves ... stop a while and simply stand still free from the never ending busy expectations of modern day life and see.
    Stop a while ... close your eyes .. feel the warmth of dappled light.
    See the shadows and set them free with a smile on lips, in eyes, through heart.
    Feel the simplicity of warmth ... and give that feeling of humble peace and euphoric calm joy to everyone around you

Giving kindness and love to others around you is the greatest, most rewarding, gift in life there is .... to create a place, a mood, a moment in order for somebody else to smile and shine .... is a complete life.

love .... humility ... kindness

Greo

2. The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to Greoatef For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    227 Posts

Yupp i understand your feelings greo you saw what happend in chacel of light other day so sad wont mention names.

But yeah its pretty sad behaviour

As the saying goes you cant fix stupid.

Peace and love greo
    people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kairihearts For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Maybe peoples like them got abused in real life, that's why they did that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

With respect to all you said-
    "In a virtual game we can be whoever however we want ...and is that not our inner self"

No, it is not.
    When ppl get online there is a feeling that this is not the real world, and many consequences such as a stif right hook to the jaw, don't exist (relax I'm a pacifist). People are free to try out all these things they would never do in e real world and that's why sometimes it seems so toxic. Folks do stuff they would never do irl.
    Laugh everything off online, that's the lesson, it's not real.
    But as I said I agree with anyone who knows to value altruism & compassion. Those folk I'd bleed for irl

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greoatef View Post
    the other day a random player started pm me abusive unkind messages for no reason.
    I am old, not so much in years, as i think age is not defined so much in years but more in experience, context, and understanding ... so like a reed in the wind, once the wind stops blowing me over i simple stand back up straight unaffected. No matter how hard the wind howls and rages around the mountain is still unaffected?
    If a were a younger player, say 12 years old (there are some in my guild) then this is cyber bullying ... and random messages of hatred to random players in our al community is unacceptable imho.
    Our conduct and how we treat others is just but a reflection of ourselves ... so why be hateful unkind .... and this includes forum members.

I dont understand ... i mean players are nasty in game and in forums ... the trolling ... the derisiveness ... yet it only serves you to be seen publically across the whole beautiful community here as unkind.
    Is that what you want you need, is that who you are? You play on other kind peoples insecurity.

In a virtual game we can be whoever however we want ...and is that not our inner self?
    All in game personalities shine so bright ... i see through you ... your free pure colours exposed to be who you want to be free from the reality, consequences, responsibility of life.
    Your in game toon is your real inner self.
    So be kind at all times specifically to younger members.

Love and kindness is like sunlight through the leaves of a tree ....dappled sparkling shifting light, moved randomly by an external force of the air that changes from each moment to the next .... its truly beautiful astounding ...infinately diverse and unpredictable dancing through the leaves ... stop a while and simply stand still free from the never ending busy expectations of modern day life and see.
    Stop a while ... close your eyes .. feel the warmth of dappled light.
    See the shadows and set them free with a smile on lips, in eyes, through heart.
    Feel the simplicity of warmth ... and give that feeling of humble peace and euphoric calm joy to everyone around you

Giving kindness and love to others around you is the greatest, most rewarding, gift in life there is .... to create a place, a mood, a moment in order for somebody else to smile and shine .... is a complete life.

love .... humility ... kindness

Greo
    While I completely agree with the sentiment behind your post, I think you went a little heavy-handed with the highfalutin preachy stuff. In my opinion it takes away from the validity of your argument, it gets lost in the shuffle of all that.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    516 Posts

I'm the same in AL as I am in person. Greoatef's words are beautiful by the way in my opinion. Some may not share my opinion but whatever floats your boat. I've had really nasty distasteful messages sent to me and at the time I was very hurt and disappointed that someone could be so cruel. After the initial shock however.. I burst out laughing. This may come across as strange but my imagination came to the fore and I had a mental image of a sad, lonely person who had nothing better to do than think of ways to hurt me with words on a screen... for that's all they are..words on a screen. So if someone on here is receiving nasty messages..just keep that thought. What can happen? Thumbs at dawn? Remember all the kind people on here and tell one of us if it helps. It's also hard to put some of these people on ignore because they keep making and deleting new characters but don't let bad messages spoil your enjoyment. I almost did. Kind regards. Susie.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

People play this game to relax and forget real life tensions. Sad that we have to face those cowards in game also. What a person do when he is alone defines his true character. It applies here also.
    Thanks to Geo, Susanne and Uca.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BabVna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

I agree, dude. Though you basically danced through a field of flowers to convey your point, but I think I get it.
    honestly, people will be rude and mean all your life and you can’t really do anything about it. My advice to the younger people would be to log off, switch to a diff alt, or simply just block them. I stopped playing AL for the time being, but I remember some mean things people said to me. It hurt, especially the “nab” phase XD for a rogue that tried to tank like a warrior....
    ive lost some friends do to bickering on the game, and idk if it was just me or what....I forgave people and it still blew up in my face...
    Yeah, this was a pretty long and cheesy post....tbh when people called me a nab I acted like I was afk. If I was in a zone and happened to die, I just laid there until they were gone. It helped somewhat, though I probably would’ve yelled my gut off at them XD
    Thanks for mentioning this...I think we all needed to hear this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    227 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tippertwo View Post
    I agree, dude. Though you basically danced through a field of flowers to convey your point, but I think I get it.
    honestly, people will be rude and mean all your life and you can’t really do anything about it. My advice to the younger people would be to log off, switch to a diff alt, or simply just block them. I stopped playing AL for the time being, but I remember some mean things people said to me. It hurt, especially the “nab” phase XD for a rogue that tried to tank like a warrior....
    ive lost some friends do to bickering on the game, and idk if it was just me or what....I forgave people and it still blew up in my face...
    Yeah, this was a pretty long and cheesy post....tbh when people called me a nab I acted like I was afk. If I was in a zone and happened to die, I just laid there until they were gone. It helped somewhat, though I probably would’ve yelled my gut off at them XD
    Thanks for mentioning this...I think we all needed to hear this
    O.o i remember you years ago
    people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed

@ the intersection of Tea. Earl Grey. Hot and Damn Fine Cup of Coffee.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

Ignore is always the best option. This is why my ignore list is bigger than my friends list. I started doing this a year ago and I've seen marked improvement. I also ignore merchant spammers.

Cheers

Join the AL Community Discord!https://discord.gg/VrMWZ8t
    Retired Coffeegirl, Veep Of Arlor, 2016

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Java For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kairihearts View Post
    O.o i remember you years ago
    Kairihearts? Omw o.o xD. Haven't seen you in ages.
    Oh, hey, btw, I have a question for you. I'm really bad at remembering alts. Did you have a mage named Tipperthree or was that someone else? 'Cause he friended me a few weeks ago after I made my acc available to the public for friend permits. He's a lvl22 mage ... and I know that several of my friends made alts after my name xD. I think you were one of them, but I'm not sure. I tried to send him a msg through housing, but I don't think he had a house. That's ok, but I'm awfully curious. All I know is that it's an alt of someone i know.
    Last edited by Tippertwo; 12-18-2017 at 11:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Java View Post
    Ignore is always the best option. This is why my ignore list is bigger than my friends list. I started doing this a year ago and I've seen marked improvement. I also ignore merchant spammers.

Cheers
    That's neat! Yeah, i should've done that, but for some reason having the number of people on my ignore list show on the tab always bothered me :|

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    227 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tippertwo View Post
    Kairihearts? Omw o.o xD. Haven't seen you in ages.
    Oh, hey, btw, I have a question for you. I'm really bad at remembering alts. Did you have a mage named Tipperthree or was that someone else? 'Cause he friended me a few weeks ago after I made my acc available to the public for friend permits. He's a lvl22 mage ... and I know that several of my friends made alts after my name xD. I think you were one of them, but I'm not sure. I tried to send him a msg through housing, but I don't think he had a house. That's ok, but I'm awfully curious. All I know is that it's an alt of someone i know.
    Yup thats me was checking if you was still alive haha

I have 13 alts lol im online everyone now and then

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Aw, well, I miss you buddy (>^_^)>
    Yeah, I quit for the time being, but I accepted your friend req! I log on once in awhile. I'm still surprised you have Tipperthree. The other "Tippers" quit or got deleted. I ditched my rogue in the dust and only played on my warrior and mage. That's probably why I always tanked like a warrior on rogue :3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Omg 13 alts!? I only have one character, can’t imagine trying to play more. 🤯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ucamaeben View Post
    Omg 13 alts!? I only have one character, can’t imagine trying to play more. 勞
    Wow we got wayyy off topic XD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    227 Posts

Its ok drunk greo will understand hehe

Yea 13 its quite fun 3 sweet igns i got too!

I always keep all my toons tipper proud of them all! :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    227 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BabVna View Post
    People play this game to relax and forget real life tensions. Sad that we have to face those cowards in game also. What a person do when he is alone defines his true character. It applies here also.
    Thanks to Geo, Susanne and Uca.
    No offense find it abit rude to leave me out no problem just wondering why not

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

So... I want to wish everyone a Happy Holidays. If any of you were Behind me in the Starbucks coffee line, I would buy your coffee ☕️.

Good luck in the event and have fun!

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ucamaeben For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ucamaeben View Post
    So... I want to wish everyone a Happy Holidays. If any of you were Behind me in the Starbucks coffee line, I would buy your coffee ☕️.

Good luck in the event and have fun!
    Aw, you’re sweet thank you, and happy holidays to you and yours!