Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: unkindness to other players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hi forums <3

I'm officer Dexsie from <rsi>

We recently had some horrible stuff go on in our guild. After the offending individuals were removed, I was doxxed.

I lost a pregnancy a month ago.

I now have peoples characters chasing me around maps going "mama, mama, help me, mama, im dying, mama help me this time" and all other kinds of sick disgusting stuff in private chat and guild chat.

I've been playing since early 2013 and I've never seen such horrible abuse, ever.
    Last edited by ___Dexsie___; 12-26-2017 at 09:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tippertwo View Post
    Maybe we should start a new thread labeled "coffee," just for Java
    errrr ... java has a coffee thread in off topic discussion @_@

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greoatef For This Useful Post:

@ the intersection of Tea. Earl Grey. Hot and Damn Fine Cup of Coffee.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ___Dexsie___ View Post
    Hi forums <3

We recently had some horrible stuff go on in our guild. After the offending individuals were removed, I was doxxed.

I now have peoples characters chasing me around maps going "mama, mama, help me, mama, im dying, mama help me this time" and all other kinds of sick disgusting stuff in private chat and guild chat.

STS has done nothing. I'm reporting every character name for harrasment but they've done nothing.

I've been playing since early 2013 and I've never seen such horrible abuse, ever. STS NEEDS to do something before professional gamers leave the game entirely.
    So very sorry for your loss, Dexsie. This is disgusting behavior, a new low for AL and I've heard some horror stories. I hope that this is resolved soon.

Join the AL Community Discord!https://discord.gg/VrMWZ8t
    Retired Coffeegirl, Veep Of Arlor, 2016

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

What a horrible experience. Unfortunately, all games I have seen have some sort of harassment. I am always thankful, and remind myself, that at least it's online and that not only are the harassers more or less anonymous, but so too am I. However, instead of devolving into a name-calling war, I find it is much easier to distance myself from harassers. Most games have ignores, reporting, and ways of avoiding harassers or at least minimizing their presence.

So a few things:

First, of course, ignore each and everyone of these players, after you ss their pm to you.

Second, email to sts, explaining your situation and how this is harassment. Then refer to your reports of people for harassment. Also, send a forum pm to a couple devs with your background

Third, and only if you want to, take a break by playing an alt for a week to a month. You can still log in your main, but the idea is that unless people see or are constantly reminded of you, human brain cells are generally incapable of recalling anything more current than the last week or so. Once in awhile, long term stuff from many years ago comes through, but in general, the only thing people recall is what is immediate. So if you make yourself scarce, they will begin to forget you and start confusing other people for you, etc. Amazingly enough, you can still play your main. Just try not to bring too much attention to yourself and maybe curtail your daily play to less than 5 hours. If you can change your patterns at all of play, then do that. I have no idea why this works, but it doesn't take more than a week to a month before people start asking if you are an old player, if you are <some other player>, or how you get old stuff, etc., i.e. they no longer have any idea who you are, even if you have been around for over 7 years.

Unfortunately, the only way to protect your own sanity, besides game admin taking an interest, is to distance yourself from these people. They are not on in every part of the game at every hour.

Lastly, attempt to minimize their effect on your psyche. Part of this is for you to change locations, log off or otherwise remove yourself from these types of people's presence when you encounter them. Part is to acquire allies, so when something or someone distresses you, you have a shoulder to cry on. This really helps a lot. The ally should also be sympathetic and be willing to lend you a ear. After all these years in this game, you should have some good friends. Rely on those. Part is to try to stay positive in your own mind. This will probably require a mantra of some sort, such as "these are bullies. stay strong" or some other words to bolster yourself.

Hi forums <3

STS has done nothing. I'm reporting every character name for harrasment but they've done nothing.

I've been playing since early 2013 and I've never seen such horrible abuse, ever. STS NEEDS to do something before professional gamers leave the game entirely.

Star light, star bright...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Hi forums <3

So sorry to hear this .... it just confounds me how people can be so very cruel, hence my original post.
    People like those that are harassing you are really not worth your attention, energy, or time ... you are so very much better than they are in all aspects that you should just ignore them (reeds in the wind). I know this can be hard to do of course, it takes a huge amount of power and self worth to deflect the childish, cruel, bullies in this world, but as long as you are happy,comfortable, within yourself there is nothing anyone can do or say that will unravel you.

Love yourself, and those closest to you .. and anyone elses opinion or words mean nothing ... its just dust motes floating in rays of sunlight. Empty words murmured from empty minds that nobody listens to.

If you feed a fire oxygen it burns even brighter ... if you disengage and ignore the fire it eventually burns itself out, consumes itself, and leaves nothing but ash and a dark stain on the world soon to be washed away by rainfall.
    Disengage emotionally and mentally from those kinds of people, they are not worth it.

There are many good and great players in al ... so dont be discouraged ... maybe join another guild where there is no drama, and make friends with the better players in the game? I would if i was in your situation?!?!?!?

Ahhh ... sorry babbling again ... what can i say .... habitual .... but then thats me, and yes i do walk through fields of flowers, though sometimes jungles full of fireflies, and other times along mountain streams in clouds of butterflies, i prefer to walk within beauty ... heaps better than bare foot over coral @_@

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Stay strong young lady! You are more resilient and stronger than you know.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ucamaeben For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Hi forums <3

Oh I’m so sorry yeah I’m pretty sure the report button doesn’t work. I’ve reported multiple players before and sts did nothing :\ Guilds are meant to support each other. If they don’t, you should probably leave. If the master doesn’t do anything, that’s a sign of poor leadership. You could block them also. If you are an officer, you could just kick the person bothering you if it’s in your guild.
    Last edited by Tippertwo; 12-21-2017 at 08:16 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Wow you poor soul not really sure what to say in a situation like this

Ignore button does work tho problem is its too late idiots have already said sicken and hateful words towards you

I get it aswell just be brave and strong the community of AL will help you we have some awesome people here :3
    people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Hi forums <3

Just report the word-bully, and change to a better guild. I m sure there are a lot of nice guilds. Also, some guilds are created and maintained by older adult players, with much mature environment. Good luck!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Obooo View Post
    Just report the word-bully, and change to a better guild. I m sure there are a lot of nice guilds. Also, some guilds are created and maintained by older adult players, with much mature environment. Good luck!
    This is true but ive been in alot of guilds ill speak for myself i guess... there are ALOT of bad guild tbh just have to find the diamond in the rough
    people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kairihearts View Post
    This is true but ive been in alot of guilds ill speak for myself i guess... there are ALOT of bad guild tbh just have to find the diamond in the rough
    Yeah, for me that's a guild that can take in my talking :3
    Though yeah it's hard to find the perfect guild. Some guilds are just filled with bullies. We are saying this, though it might be hard to give up your officer role . There is a guild section in the forums where you can have a look-see to see which one fits you. You could read the page and then there will be comments below of people communicating. You can use that, also, to see if that guild is right. Though you might have to pm an officer or someone to let you in if that guild's restricted. Hope this helps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

True that full of bullies or rich people that are arrogant i hate them the most i know quite a few too! Cant mention names so rip

Ive been officer few times in some guilds its nice but comes with alot of stress :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Officer status is soooo overated ... its never bothered me, and im more than happy to hide from responsibility and remain a member .... in fact its a lot easier.
    Sounds like you are in a guild without enough adult players and you should move.
    There was a recent drama in our gc, having been drama free for as long as i can remember ... player was removed within 48 hours ... we do not do any drama in the guild. There are a few guilds like that in al, so drop the officers tags in the dust and find a kinder home.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greoatef View Post
    Officer status is soooo overated ... its never bothered me, and im more than happy to hide from responsibility and remain a member .... in fact its a lot easier.
    Sounds like you are in a guild without enough adult players and you should move.
    There was a recent drama in our gc, having been drama free for as long as i can remember ... player was removed within 48 hours ... we do not do any drama in the guild. There are a few guilds like that in al, so drop the officers tags in the dust and find a kinder home.
    Greoatef, what guild are you in?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tippertwo View Post
    Greoatef, what guild are you in?
    Crisis of Faith
    And yes they put up with my endless verbal diahorrea ... though i think they stopped listening a few months ago?!?!?
    Im in mid discussion about the complexities of life and its comical diversity, and some nab posts "sell venomous haste set DEX pm me"
    I mean .... really ... pfffffftttt

he he
    Last edited by Greoatef; 12-21-2017 at 10:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greoatef View Post
    Crisis of Faith
    Ooh heard that guild was great

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

For reference.... I was in a really good guild on my account that I deleted when I went afk and did normal stuff that adults do in their 30's. I've only been back for three weeks and am committed to pass on as much gaming knowledge as I can to new players. Status in game never really bothered me much, I just try to be a good person.

I'm quite aware of my role as an officer and I invite all players who were sick of the drama to come back and enjoy the chatter in rsi <3
    Without me right now, these kids would have no one to help them survive the trolls.

I have kicked as many trolls and weirdos and dodgy people as I can and I hope I have made no mistakes. I thoroughly apologise for any mistakes after we kicked all the other officers and only have a couple back who left in the drama. Please pm me and come back <3 You know I'm honest.

Im thoroughly disappointed that STS does not watch private chats and guildchats and actually delete reported players. What the hell has happened to this once glorious game? I deal with a lot of fresh out of windmoore players who are scared away by how far bullies take things with this new generation of children. Not to mention the dark side that all adults with family are aware of. I've almost lost it with the continued doxxing in the past 24 hours.

Please just send dexsie an in game mail and I can wave my magic wand and get anyone back who wants to join, we really need our reputation back as the place we once were <3 Ages 15 plus only.

ps: i really, really appreciate all the kindness and support from everyone <3 I knew there were still good guys amongst us somewhere <3 My husband and I send our gratitude from Australia. STS I so badly apologise for this but with the world these days and no action being taken in the game... Most of us oldies dont know what to do anymore. Some of the people behind the screen here on AL are not who they appear and they are affecting the mental health of people globally. DO SOMETHING PLEASE. I'm never letting the trolls win, and I'm never quitting a game I've been loyal to since I was in my twenties.
    Last edited by ___Dexsie___; 12-21-2017 at 11:56 AM. Reason: im sorry sts i said something rude i edited alllll the things <3

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ___Dexsie___ For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

For reference.... I was in letal sharks on my account that I deleted when I went afk and did normal stuff that adults do in their 30's.

I'm quite aware of my role as an officer and I invite all players who were sick of the drama to come back and enjoy the chatter in rsi <3
    Without me right now, these kids would have no one to help them survive the trolls.

Grown men hitting on ten year old girls kind of trolls Im thoroughly disappointed that STS does not watch private chats and guildchats and actually delete reported players. What the hell has happened to this once glorious game? I deal with a lot of fresh out of windmoore players who are scared away by how far bullies take things with this new generation of children.

Please just send dexsie an in game mail and I can wave my magic wand and get anyone back who wants to join, we really need our reputation back as the place we once were <3 Ages 15 plus only.
    Aw, we understand But if the kids dealt with grown men and drama, and you invite them in, it sounds to me like they're still creating drama but in YOUR guild this time, not only in public/private chat. Yeah, I'm not going to talk about sts that way because I don't feel like getting banned, but tbh AL used to be so much better back in the day I hope their new game PLA doesn't turn out like AL with the housing and stuff like that.
    But we do respect your decision. It's great that your guild would take the time to take the kids who were treated badly in Not all guilds do that, if not all.
    Ps. I would love to try out your guild sometime
    Last edited by Tippertwo; 12-21-2017 at 11:16 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

The most recent guilds i was and am in are Enigmatics and Airborn. Their gm Tataratata and Crossways are very sweet, together with all nice guildmembers. I v never seen these bully things in the two guilds.

I noticed that Dexsie is in Australia. So, we will prob never see each other in the game bcs of time zones. So, just wish enjoy the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Guild leaderboard place is completely irrelevent imho
    A good guild is made up of kind loyal players regardless of age, how well geared,or what level they are. It should be a gathering of like minded people getting together to have fun and help each other. Sometimes i will log into game just to chat in gc and have a laugh?!!?!?
    Greatness is not being number 1 ... greatness is giving to others.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greoatef For This Useful Post: