Quote Originally Posted by V i o l e t View Post
I am in no position to put forward an opinion as I have not yet done enough testing but I am curious about this topic.

Your issue is that staff hits multiple targets (spread damage) and gun is a single target hitter and that skill-damage for staffs is higher than in guns.

But I see no relation between a multiple-target hitting basic attack of a staff mage and skill damage - the number of targets a skill hits is equal for all mages (gun mages and staff mages). It is only in basic attacks that the number of targets differs between gun and staff.

That being said, I am also curious if the basic-attack damage of guns is higher than that of staff. If it is so and guns being auto-aim, I guess things are fine as they are but if basic attacks of staffs are higher, this needs to be explored.
There are two different aspects:
1) Damage stat from a Staff is higher than the damage stat of a Gun; which makes the skill damage from equipping a Staff higher than a Gun.
2) The auto attack damage of Gun is higher than the Staff but that is a counter for the spread damage from the auto attack of a staff.