Thread: More well rounded skill tree needed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Default More well rounded skill tree needed

Hello All,

It's hard to deny that brimstone still dominates the pvp landscape after all the tweaks and attempts to nerf it. If no other changes to the power or dodge of brim are made, then I suggest that some of the existing powers be enhanced for a more balanced gameplay.

For instance:

1) Curse is just sitting on the skill tree waiting to be used. While it's effect is actually pretty useful it does little to counter any power on the opposite side of the skill tree (ie. to counter the critical damage from high Unholy Blessing). If it's ability to decrease damage of an enemy was enhanced it would incentivize brim users to use Curse instead of the over powered high Unholy Blessing and Brim hybrid combo (which is undeniably overpowered). On the same token users of the fire aura side of the skill tree could have the option of using a better built Curse to counter the biased high damage from the brimstone side of the tree.

2) Increase the hit rate of the Shadow Dance Unholy Force combo. This combo is still extremely relevant in terms of damage but it's hit rate is beyond low. If the hit rate was increased then it would be a formidable counter to the fatalburst/brimstone combo. I'm really adamant about this one because it would add the most balance of power to the tree.

3) Unnerf dark binding. I realize you did this in the new Death Match arena and it is beyond fun. Having a full strength version of Dark Binding was a detriment to the game before brimstone came out. Now however it would add necessary strength to the center branch of the skill tree. While people may worry that this is too over powered (and I agree to a certain extent) even having the root portion of the power would augment the center branch of powers and discourage anyone from spamming with the hybrid brim/bless combo (or any combo).

4) Ghost Strike: Love the damage. Stuns too rarely to counter Brimstone attacks. Does not speed boost you fast enough for any real advantage especially in a game ruled by lag. Increasing the speed and stun rate for this power would make it a more capable power in relation to brimstone.

5) Rats: High ranked Vermin Swarm is a great defense against Brimstone mobs in terms of number of players it hits and the amount of damage done. It however misses more than brimstone. Keep the insanely cool root effect in the new DM arena but increase hit rate in CTF and Psycho Ward.

6)New Combo/Increase rate at which a weapon melee combo hits: Add a new combo with existing powers OR add new powers that can be mixed and matched to make combo damage happen. Increase rate at which a weapon melee combo hits? Something...anything that would make a similar amount of damage that a fatalburst/brim/bless combo does thus discouraging the immediate use of the over powered brim combo.

***Keep in mind that when you have different powers to counter the one dominant combo of the game it makes for more enjoyable gameplay through variety and variety of tactics. People may spam new combos or newly enhanced powers (I get it). IF however there are enough equally powerful yet disparate combos/powers/attacks, that would certainly even out the game play and make Dark Legends more enjoyable for all. Remember this is a constantly evolving gaming community. If a group of 10 or so guild members just sit around all day and focus attack/farm anyone new to the game then people stop playing and the game grows stagnant. If the game grows stagnant people stop investing their time, money, and energy into the game...and guess what, the game goes away liked it did for years after brimstone and the toxic single combo environment came into the picture. Infuse more variety into the gameplay so players have more opportunities to counter the dominant attack and not just quit after their first ctf match. Give veteran players the chance to make endless alts with different combinations of these newly enhanced powers and we will be endlessly grateful.***

Thanks for your attention,
    Astro

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to astro1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astro1 View Post
    Hello All,

It's hard to deny that brimstone still dominates the pvp landscape after all the tweaks and attempts to nerf it. If no other changes to the power or dodge of brim are made, then I suggest that some of the existing powers be enhanced for a more balanced gameplay.

For instance:

1) Curse is just sitting on the skill tree waiting to be used. While it's effect is actually pretty useful it does little to counter any power on the opposite side of the skill tree (ie. to counter the critical damage from high Unholy Blessing). If it's ability to decrease damage of an enemy was enhanced it would incentivize brim users to use Curse instead of the over powered high Unholy Blessing and Brim hybrid combo (which is undeniably overpowered). On the same token users of the fire aura side of the skill tree could have the option of using a better built Curse to counter the biased high damage from the brimstone side of the tree.

2) Increase the hit rate of the Shadow Dance Unholy Force combo. This combo is still extremely relevant in terms of damage but it's hit rate is beyond low. If the hit rate was increased then it would be a formidable counter to the fatalburst/brimstone combo. I'm really adamant about this one because it would add the most balance of power to the tree.

3) Unnerf dark binding. I realize you did this in the new Death Match arena and it is beyond fun. Having a full strength version of Dark Binding was a detriment to the game before brimstone came out. Now however it would add necessary strength to the center branch of the skill tree. While people may worry that this is too over powered (and I agree to a certain extent) even having the root portion of the power would augment the center branch of powers and discourage anyone from spamming with the hybrid brim/bless combo (or any combo).

4) Ghost Strike: Love the damage. Stuns too rarely to counter Brimstone attacks. Does not speed boost you fast enough for any real advantage especially in a game ruled by lag. Increasing the speed and stun rate for this power would make it a more capable power in relation to brimstone.

5) Rats: High ranked Vermin Swarm is a great defense against Brimstone mobs in terms of number of players it hits and the amount of damage done. It however misses more than brimstone. Keep the insanely cool root effect in the new DM arena but increase hit rate in CTF and Psycho Ward.

6)New Combo/Increase rate at which a weapon melee combo hits: Add a new combo with existing powers OR add new powers that can be mixed and matched to make combo damage happen. Increase rate at which a weapon melee combo hits? Something...anything that would make a similar amount of damage that a fatalburst/brim/bless combo does thus discouraging the immediate use of the over powered brim combo.

***Keep in mind that when you have different powers to counter the one dominant combo of the game it makes for more enjoyable gameplay through variety and variety of tactics. People may spam new combos or newly enhanced powers (I get it). IF however there are enough equally powerful yet disparate combos/powers/attacks, that would certainly even out the game play and make Dark Legends more enjoyable for all. Remember this is a constantly evolving gaming community. If a group of 10 or so guild members just sit around all day and focus attack/farm anyone new to the game then people stop playing and the game grows stagnant. If the game grows stagnant people stop investing their time, money, and energy into the game...and guess what, the game goes away liked it did for years after brimstone and the toxic single combo environment came into the picture. Infuse more variety into the gameplay so players have more opportunities to counter the dominant attack and not just quit after their first ctf match. Give veteran players the chance to make endless alts with different combinations of these newly enhanced powers and we will be endlessly grateful.***

Thanks for your attention,
    Astro
    Absolutely, charged fatalbrust and charged brimstone .. overpowered combo ..long range.
    The only way to stop the combo hit by using unholy blessing power. Indeed, curse power needs to upgarded. And your points about the powers are true. Moderators must work on this. And improve other powers with new combos.

There is a trend in DL, if u want to look pro, just farm newbies at lvl 3 to lvl 20. And farm your alts to improve kdr. That's insane.

New players feel this game will be pay to win. But it is not. And we know, many low level guilds/group of players farms a new player like wolf pack. Is that fun??? Or Is that your powerful??? It's better to introduce demo video/tutorial to teach new players about CTF and DM. How they need to play. Also some combos methodology.

It's very better to introduce the Practice Arena. Just practice, no killz, no deaths in stats. Now a days, PvP is too laggy..even with ping of 200 or below, I see many players in PvP like teleporting and some times I moved my character , I am still there only and died I don't know.lol. or Someone took flag, you get the message in your screen after they flagged xd. But i know "Mods says- it's your internet connectivity or ping problem". This is serious issue. These days many players complaining about fluctuations in the ping due to no-response from DL Server only. Even though u got 50Mbps speed, still you laag like hell. Cannot play PVP smoothly.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

They need to remove the root effects and keep them like they used to be in the original 2 maps

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Agreed. High/original amount of damage and that slow walk snare effect should be incorporated in ctf/psycho ward. It was nice having rats and dark binding as OP powers in the new dm map. Made it a lot harder for brimstone mobs to rule the map and you could see how people's builds/strategies evolved because of new combination of powers.

Seems like it would be easier to nerf brim combo instead of redistribute power equally amongst arms of the skill tree but in absence of that the suggestions I mentioned above are a good start. And when I mean brim combo IEXPLICITY refer to the combination of the charged fatal burst/charged brim + high rank unholy blessing combo (this is still way too Op even with the introduction of new dodge gems, regenerating health, and all the previous nerf attempts).

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Agreed. High/original amount of damage and that slow walk snare effect should be incorporated in ctf/psycho ward. It was nice having rats and dark binding as OP powers in the new dm map. Made it a lot harder for brimstone mobs to rule the map and you could see how people's builds/strategies evolved because of new combination of powers.

Seems like it would be easier to nerf brim combo instead of redistribute power equally amongst arms of the skill tree but in absence of that the suggestions I mentioned above are a good start. And when I mean brim combo IEXPLICITY refer to the combination of the charged fatal burst/charged brim + high rank unholy blessing combo (this is still way too Op even with the introduction of new dodge gems, regenerating health, and all the previous nerf attempts).
    No, they were Overpowered powers and it was a bug that lasted for over a year. Theres no fun in being able to kill up to four players with a single charged Dark Binding+ Vermin Swarm

Leave the game how it is especially if you dont pvp very often

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by japan View Post
    No, they were Overpowered powers and it was a bug that lasted for over a year. Theres no fun in being able to kill up to four players with a single charged Dark Binding+ Vermin Swarm

Leave the game how it is especially if you dont pvp very often

Because you can't kill 2 or more players with a single brim combo? If you are dragged into someone else's fatal burst, you and whomever else is dragged into that radius has a chance of being hit with combo damage which is on par with the damage from dark binding before it was nerfed ( Db which also has a CHANCE to hit..same with rats). Is this also a bug? If so eliminate it, if not then reintroduce the powers that could counter this over powered combo. Maybe people who play pvp very often know the extents and history of the powers very well and have had years experimenting with each one in great depth. Maybe the skill tree should be modified to correct this imbalance and others should acknowledge it instead of just exploiting it by using only brimstone combo. Hard to disregard the fact that greater than 90% of pvpers are using fb brim as their go to power. This is not well balanced. Who seriously and consistently uses Curse, Dark Binding, or Sd/Uhf combo before they respec back to brim? We have these other powers for a reason. It's time to reexamine their role in the pvp landscape as counters to the dominant brim combo.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Because you can't kill 2 or more players with a single brim combo? If you are dragged into someone else's fatal burst, you and whomever else is dragged into that radius has a chance of being hit with combo damage which is on par with the damage from dark binding before it was nerfed ( Db which also has a CHANCE to hit..same with rats). Is this also a bug? If so eliminate it, if not then reintroduce the powers that could counter this over powered combo. Maybe people who play pvp very often know the extents and history of the powers very well and have had years experimenting with each one in great depth. Maybe the skill tree should be modified to correct this imbalance and others should acknowledge it instead of just exploiting it by using only brimstone combo. Hard to disregard the fact that greater than 90% of pvpers are using fb brim as their go to power. This is not well balanced. Who seriously and consistently uses Curse, Dark Binding, or Sd/Uhf combo before they respec back to brim? We have these other powers for a reason. It's time to reexamine their role in the pvp landscape as counters to the dominant brim combo.
    I agree that some powers need to change
    Most powers need an increase in Damage and for Curse, the hp required, cooldown, and the effect need to be fixed
    Its basically useless