Thread: most efficient way to 36?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default most efficient way to 36?

I've heard run lvls 1 and 2 (some people do lvl 3?)

But what about enhancers
    Multi?
    4x?
    3x?

What's your comments on what's best lvls and enhancers to get to 36

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Hit 20k xp runs yesterday in a few hours with x3, running fast paced xp runs, at SY2, skip boss!

Works like a charm ask anyone that have done them before..

Only use combo if you can not get a good team together, as the x2 Damage/Armour is well worth it.

Do not use x4, seems that for the amount of Plat spent on 1 you could get 2/3 for around the same price of x3.

Good Luck

Another tip always try and run with 4+ people 5 if possible the more in the group the more xp you all receive per kill.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BodMaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

so you only run the 2ond lvl? interesting
    i figured x4 was garbage and thanks for the tip on the 4+ people i didnt realize it hell thanks for all the tips

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Yeah running sy2 is the best.
    I made 7k xp yesterday without enhancers
    Main: Ardon lvl 41 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sickside View Post
    so you only run the 2ond lvl? interesting
    i figured x4 was garbage and thanks for the tip on the 4+ people i didnt realize it hell thanks for all the tips
    When you start running them, you will realise why

And no probs glad I could help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    Hit 20k xp runs yesterday in a few hours with x3, running fast paced xp runs, at SY2, skip boss!

Works like a charm ask anyone that have done them before..

Only use combo if you can not get a good team together, as the x2 Damage/Armour is well worth it.

Do not use x4, seems that for the amount of Plat spent on 1 you could get 2/3 for around the same price of x3.

Good Luck

Another tip always try and run with 4+ people 5 if possible the more in the group the more xp you all receive per kill.
    The x3 enhancer is the way to go. Don't forget about using your daily 5m enhancer as well. you can usually make 3 runs through SY2 in that 5m (with a team of course), and that's a LOT of XP right there. If you can time it with your buddies in the party correctly, only have 2 people use the daily at the same time, otherwise, it's overkill. You kill everything available at a dead run through the level, except for the very first small room with the timed spawns, and the 1st greenhouse room with the timed spawns. Spread those 5m dailies out a little and everyone benefits more.

x4 enhancer is a lot of plat for the return on it. I also know a lot of folks that just run the x2, as you can get 2.3 of those for the same price as the x3 one.
    All depends how much time you want to spend grinding. I was able to get from 35-36 in about 4-5 days of casual play.

The way it breaks down, is that you can get about 2100-2300XP running SY2 repeatedly, boss or not (with 5 players, boss is a QUICK kill. Don't disarm the mines, just skirt past them during the break in the cycle) in the 30m of a x3 enhancer. Also, don't run after any far chests, or open any doors that you don't have to. I recommend grabbing the close chests that are right there anyhow that require no effort. Gotten a lot of decent drops that way, and it's not lost time in a group.

Also, don't forget to have someone do the pulls correctly at the two spots with the timed spawns. Having everything coming to you to kill it is better & faster thn chasing it down. If you don't know what I mean by this, try and find me in the game some evening, and I can show you.

With the x3 enhancer that's 4200-4600xp an hour (roughly), so it's an easy cap to reach in about 12 hours of actual grinding, give/take how hard you're going at it..

Also, I have heard a lot of people mention the XP bonus from running in a full group, vs. running solo, or with 2-3 people. When I have asked about this in game, some people say it is true, some say it is a myth. Got any playtesting/evidence to back this up perhaps? I'm very curious, as I now need ot level my alt up since I hit cap last night.
    Last edited by JazzBlue; 11-01-2011 at 11:33 AM.
    ~Jazz Blue - LvL 36 Engineer

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JazzBlue For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shipyard level 2, 3x exp enhancer. Skip the boss. As easy as that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JazzBlue View Post
    The x3 enhancer is the way to go. Don't forget about using your daily 5m enhancer as well. you can usually make 3 runs through SY2 in that 5m (with a team of course), and that's a LOT of XP right there. If you can time it with your buddies in the party correctly, only have 2 people use the daily at the same time, otherwise, it's overkill. You kill everything available at a dead run through the level, except for the very first small room with the timed spawns, and the 1st greenhouse room with the timed spawns. Spread those 5m dailies out a little and everyone benefits more.

x4 enhancer is a lot of plat for the return on it. I also know a lot of folks that just run the x2, as you can get 2.3 of those for the same price as the x3 one.
    All depends how much time you want to spend grinding. I was able to get from 35-36 in about 4-5 days of casual play.

The way it breaks down, is that you can get about 2100-2300XP running SY2 repeatedly, boss or not (with 5 players, boss is a QUICK kill. Don't disarm the mines, just skirt past them during the break in the cycle) in the 30m of a x3 enhancer. Also, don't run after any far chests, or open any doors that you don't have to. I recommend grabbing the close chests that are right there anyhow that require no effort. Gotten a lot of decent drops that way, and it's not lost time in a group.

Also, don't forget to have someone do the pulls correctly at the two spots with the timed spawns. Having everything coming to you to kill it is better & faster thn chasing it down. If you don't know what I mean by this, try and find me in the game some evening, and I can show you.

With the x3 enhancer that's 4200-4600xp an hour (roughly), so it's an easy cap to reach in about 12 hours of actual grinding, give/take how hard you're going at it..

Also, I have heard a lot of people mention the XP bonus from running in a full group, vs. running solo, or with 2-3 people. When I have asked about this in game, some people say it is true, some say it is a myth. Got any playtesting/evidence to back this up perhaps? I'm very curious, as I now need ot level my alt up since I hit cap last night.
    Nice addition, im in work so not much time to explain,

Though if you go into SY and kill say 5-10 enemies try and click on your avatar after each kill you will kind that you will gain less tahn you would in a group (Obv try it with a group also) Only 0.3 (maybe more) I think but after 50 kills thats 15 plus xp. (Builds up)

When I have time when I get home I will try and find the link for this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

A good way to get to 36 would be to buy 4x elxirs and keep rematching on Shipyard Maps 1 and 2. Also you could do a couple of runs at the last map

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

i dont use elixir but i know the most efficient way is xp runs with 4x combo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Just find remakers from blackstar, these are usually the people hosting biosphere runs, youll find remakers throughout the day, just friend and join them, for biosphere skip the door, pull the mobs in the first room, doest work in the second room, some people remake at this point, or go on to clear the mobs just before the boss, then remake also try and time your enhancers with others in the run, and wait for full runs before popping enhancers

pl, you dont necessarily need to use elixers, as long as you remake fast, and remake many times you can still level up in as many days as the elix users

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I used the 3x 30 minute because they only cost 15 plat compared to 30 for the elixer and 4x. You get more runs for the plat that way. I also did speed runs with my guild on level 2 of the Shipyard over and over. In the end all of your hard work will pay off Good luck!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

If you do all sy maps, you get about 500xp, so your do sy 2 map with enhancers is a great idea. Plus you get more xp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

12 plat in the guild hall discount cant decide if 2 2x is better than 1 3x

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    12 plat in the guild hall discount cant decide if 2 2x is better than 1 3x
    Discounted 2 x2 works out better than 1 x3 though obv you need more time. So depends how long you are planning on grinding buddy.

How quick did x3 fly by the other day with us

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I lvled 29-36 in 4 days with 3x xp.

i rmk on 1st shipyard but 2nd is faster i guess, u can rmk just before bomb

Goodluck!
    Last edited by Gamertag; 11-02-2011 at 04:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

If you've got the platinum and don't mind spending it:

4x exp
    2x damage
    2x speed

And you're good to go.

I personally used the 3x combo the entire way to 36 for the sole reason that I thought the time spent leaving games to go to the guild hall to buy new elixirs was a waste of time for me. I'd miss out on a run and risk losing my spot on the team.

But if you're soloing/small teaming/don't mind the time loss, go with 4x exp, 2x damage, and the 2x speed.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

k i got the time so 2xs are better than 3xs thats what i wanted to hear cool

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    Discounted 2 x2 works out better than 1 x3 though obv you need more time. So depends how long you are planning on grinding buddy.

How quick did x3 fly by the other day with us
    2 x2? Does that make an hours worth of exp x2? Or what happens when you stack enhancers?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sickside View Post
    2 x2? Does that make an hours worth of exp x2? Or what happens when you stack enhancers?
    Yes that would be an hours worth on x2

No stacking available, highest multiplier is x4.