Thread: Got a few questions about this game..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Got a few questions about this game..

So I started playing this game last night, and so far I am enjoying it. I am liking the fact that it's everything Pocket Legends isn't. And what I mean by that is pretty much there's nothing you need to buy to advance in the game with levels or nothing you need to buy to access new map areas. Or at least that's what I've noticed so far by looking at the Platinum Shop.

Will this game receive updates in the future? Meaning new quests, story lines, areas to explore bosses & such?

Also what I find quite annoying in this game is the pop ups on screen before I start saying "This item is on sale do you want it?" No I don't want it, I know the damn Platinum Shop is there get the hell out of my face.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, the game will be updated in the future with new content and bug fixes. It already got 2 new areas after it launched.
    Pocket Legends-Coolbear(Ursan)
    Star Legends-Cooldude(Operative)
    Mood-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Yes, further updates (i.e. maps with new bosses, quests and whatnot) will be coming.

Sorry, Deal of the Day will likely remain and currently there's no way to turn it off from the menu. You could always make that as a suggestion over in the Suggestions Forum. And it's different from the plat store in that the item offered is at a cut price. For example, today's deal will save you 10 plat on a 3x combo enhancer--20 plat. Buy it from the store and it'll cost the regular price of 30 plat.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

The game will be developed further with new content and new maps etc

Alaska, Left the heat on & melted my Igloo...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

As is we are usually seeing a good size update every 5-6 weeks. Past 2 updates have been very Impressive in my eyes & I look forward to seeing SL progress in the future!
    Proud Officer of Infinite Union
    Downloads -36 Commando * Http -36 Operative * URL -36 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The game has only been around a couple months, and we've actually had three updates -- Numa Plains, Slouch-O, and now Shipyard. The rate of new content releases has been great so far, and we (the users) suspect there will probably be another one closer to the winter holidays.

Also, I like the idea of being able to turn off the Deal Of The Day popup via game options. It could still be accessible via the character login screen in case you want to check it out, but it wouldn't be so IN YO' FACE.
    Last edited by Liathea; 11-01-2011 at 04:54 PM.
    :|: Liathea - Rogue :|:
    :|: Liathea - Vamp :|: Arya - Vamp :|:
    :|: Liathea - Op :|: Briony - Engi :|: Kickpants - Comm :|:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Here's a few posts from a Dev that might put your mind at piece

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    The success of Pocket Legends and Star Legends has allowed us to increase our capabilities (we're up to 35 now and continuing to grow), allowing us to continue to develop both games and make new ones. A new campaign for Star Legends (Shipyard) is only days away, Halloween Events are kicking off and Mount Fang for PL is right around the corner. On the community side of things (my bailiwick) we have the Ambassador program coming, more contests rolling, next e-mail announcements coming, a revamp of the Spacetime website and all manner of exciting stuff in the work.

While we could just focus on making PL and SL the best they could be, having a suite of games for all sorts of gamers and genres has been shown time and again as a path to success. I have the luxury of sitting right next to the design team and get to overhear the different game ideas they kick around between playtesting, etc. Frankly, I'm soooo stoked to consider a future where we can bring all the different designs to life that they envision. There are more coming after Dark Legends!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Thanks for the feedback!

I'm sure that Vasquez and the Space Marine crew that went to LV-426 had to quell some riots at one time or another. As we've mentioned in previous announcements, the backstory to the original Blackstar game is quite a sprawling epic. Consider that we have 100 or more levels of content to go. We're barely 1/3rd of the way into that, so there is a LOT to come. As Cinco mentioned at the Big Android BBQ, the next installment of new content to Star Legends will have storylines that cross over multiple updates, introducing new threats and intrigue for the privateer heroes of Star Legends to deal with.

We hope you like it!

-Samhayne

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o