Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What happened to Petitions for ban Cases?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Angry What happened to Petitions for ban Cases?

Yes you read the title right and this will be speaking about account bans. Starting this thread off let's go over the basics of why i made this Thread. Last year during the Christmas event 300 people were banned, all for similar reasons. Your typical account sharing which is eh, Kinda agreeable, i mean think about it is YOUR responsibility of keeping up with your account right? You're in charge of your actions so if the account is scammed from you then then it's your fault for it. Still it's against ToS and it's somewhat agreeable for StS to put it there to minimize Scamming and complaints of lost items. Another reason is name selling. This is the biggest JOKE of a ban I've ever seen in my time playing PL, and i was banned for it according to our dear friend Brandon from the Support Team. Now let's think about this crap reasoning for a moment. StS waited an entire 6 years before they actually decided to ban someone for it. Name selling has been around for ages why are they JUST NOW banning someone for it, only me it seems since nobody else said they were banned for it. Not only is this a crap reasoning, why the heck is it a permanent ban for such a light offense? I mean you PM me and said it's in TOS but nobody in game knew it was bannable? You can't even tell if it was even ABOUT name selling anyways. Another offense which is agree about. Selling Content in PL, or any Spacetime Studios games, for real world currency. This is agreeable without a doubt. It's a major offense and people are getting scammed from it in this game and others, but at least when you DO ban someone for this reasoning at least have solid proof? How does one gets banned, then told by one dev it was for name selling, only to be told by the main developer that you was banned for Selling Gold? It doesn't make sense. Then i was banned on AL.....and i was never on it.
    StS went and said that the 300 people were all guilty yet they can't even show actual proof of them doing what they were banned for. You give us the chance to petition our ban but when we try to talk to the Devs they choose to not even reply back. I asked Gary a couple months ago to look into my own ban but i was never given a reply. When we post on public forum they tell us that if there is a problem then you should PM the Developers. Well I've been waiting an entire year for a reasonable reply so that's an excuse on the Devs end.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MageFFA For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Nobody's going to read all that. Please give us the shorter version. Thanks.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RATTANSINGHNAGRA View Post
    Nobody's going to read all that. Please give us the shorter version. Thanks.
    Lazy people like you, sure.

I read it, though.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 12-21-2017 at 12:33 AM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Lazy people like you, sure.

I read it, though.
    I love you bb
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xyzther For This Useful Post:

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MageFFA View Post
    Yes you read the title right and this will be speaking about account bans. Starting this thread off let's go over the basics of why i made this Thread. Last year during the Christmas event 300 people were banned, all for similar reasons. Your typical account sharing which is eh, Kinda agreeable, i mean think about it is YOUR responsibility of keeping up with your account right? You're in charge of your actions so if the account is scammed from you then then it's your fault for it. Still it's against ToS and it's somewhat agreeable for StS to put it there to minimize Scamming and complaints of lost items. Another reason is name selling. This is the biggest JOKE of a ban I've ever seen in my time playing PL, and i was banned for it according to our dear friend Brandon from the Support Team. Now let's think about this crap reasoning for a moment. StS waited an entire 6 years before they actually decided to ban someone for it. Name selling has been around for ages why are they JUST NOW banning someone for it, only me it seems since nobody else said they were banned for it. Not only is this a crap reasoning, why the heck is it a permanent ban for such a light offense? I mean you PM me and said it's in TOS but nobody in game knew it was bannable? You can't even tell if it was even ABOUT name selling anyways. Another offense which is agree about. Selling Content in PL, or any Spacetime Studios games, for real world currency. This is agreeable without a doubt. It's a major offense and people are getting scammed from it in this game and others, but at least when you DO ban someone for this reasoning at least have solid proof? How does one gets banned, then told by one dev it was for name selling, only to be told by the main developer that you was banned for Selling Gold? It doesn't make sense. Then i was banned on AL.....and i was never on it.
    StS went and said that the 300 people were all guilty yet they can't even show actual proof of them doing what they were banned for. You give us the chance to petition our ban but when we try to talk to the Devs they choose to not even reply back. I asked Gary a couple months ago to look into my own ban but i was never given a reply. When we post on public forum they tell us that if there is a problem then you should PM the Developers. Well I've been waiting an entire year for a reasonable reply so that's an excuse on the Devs end.
    So a few points:

- Last Christmas we did not ban 300 people. I've told you billions of times not to exaggerate like that.
    - Name selling is against TOS, and we do ban for it, no joke.
    - If you were banned for something, we are not going to show you evidence so you know how to avoid getting caught next time.
    - I am only going to reply to PMs petitioning me once, so please don't spam me about it. It's not us ignoring you. We generally don't change our mind.
    - We don't like banning folks, but we will do so to protect our business and our honest player's experience.
    - Paragraphs are your friend.
    - We don't discuss bans on forums, closing this one up.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post: