Thread: Maybe bring back old-school PvP?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Default Maybe bring back old-school PvP?

Idk if this has been discussed before but what do you guys think of a new PvP zone (same maps as the ones that already exist) where awakenings and pet slots aren't taken in consideration.. it's all about best gear, jewels and team coordination?..
    I have some ideas but I wouldn't like to discuss them publicly.. but the main idea is to bring back old-school pvp without removing the actual one..

I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Old school means no artifacts, awakens and sets?

Not gonna happen just because of "I spend 800m on my toon just to see everybody else moved to oldschool pvp?" type of people

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alwarez View Post
    Old school means no artifacts, awakens and sets?

Not gonna happen just because of "I spend 800m on my toon just to see everybody else moved to oldschool pvp?" type of people
    No no no you got it wrong.. I'm not saying that I want the existing pvp to be removed.. I'm just saying that it'd be really cool to have a new zone where awakenings and pets slots aren't taken in consideration when playing.. back then it was all about having good jewels, at least decent gear, a good pet and team coordination.. why not bring back that?? Many people agree with me that awakenings and pet slots made low PvP brackets die..

Now days you can find 2 rogues with the exact same gear but the one with better awakes has better stats so it's not even a fair fight..

I have a PvP rogue and I have really good gear but not good awakes.. I find rogues with the exact same gear but I die with 1 aimed just because they have an INSANE stats boost.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Sorry but -1 from me, another pvp zone means lesser players on any pvp map... even now when there is no any player playing pvp at 66

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Illegaly View Post
    Sorry but -1 from me, another pvp zone means lesser players on any pvp map... even now when there is no any player playing pvp at 66
    I agree, I wanna pursue LB but can't because of PvP at cap.

Perhaps, If STS added a pet with AA or Passive that reduce the effect of awakening or remove them temporarily e.g. 5-10 sec.

If it was AA, then it would make people chose between this pet or Nekro AA which might be interesting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

If I'm not mistaken, end game pvp is dead. From what I see, the end main pvp guild are playing at level 62-63. So you should have no issues at 66.

I haven't played in a couple of years but back then, people were upset about imbalance because of the arcane ring. Then it was an assault on nekro owners. Now it's awakening. The serious end game pvp players will always have some sort of advantage. Sts needs to keep making money and the players keep chasing a Stat to give them an advantage. The only place where stats matter is pvp or timed runs. Everyone else is buying leftover items that those players no longer need or want.

My humble 2 cents

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sellall View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, end game pvp is dead. From what I see, the end main pvp guild are playing at level 62-63. So you should have no issues at 66.

I haven't played in a couple of years but back then, people were upset about imbalance because of the arcane ring. Then it was an assault on nekro owners. Now it's awakening. The serious end game pvp players will always have some sort of advantage. Sts needs to keep making money and the players keep chasing a Stat to give them an advantage. The only place where stats matter is pvp or timed runs. Everyone else is buying leftover items that those players no longer need or want.

My humble 2 cents
    Great points. Most games with Pvp their will always be some type of edge. Whether or not a player chooses to pursue these advantages is his or her choice and that to me makes it fair. Lvl 66 pvp is very dead, I actually left Lvl 66 completely 3 days ago because of it. At Lvl 61 atm on alt Acc and pretty hyped to pvp! From watching Youtube Vids from the Top Pvp guilds which have been awesome to watch their is alot of action at Lvl 62-63. And since 66 and 62 is close in Lvl my High Lvl Gems, Artifact, Arcane Armor, Tavern/Locations, will transfer nicely... this is going to be alot of fun! And nothing more puts a bigger smile on my face knowing I'm never going to run another Maus 5-6 again ^_^.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Illegaly View Post
    Im not talking about a whole new PvP map.. what I mean is to use the same PvP maps we already have and don't take in consideration the awakenings and slotted pets.. just the normal gear with jewels and normal AA and HB on pets.. if you played pvp before awakenings and pet slots you know what I'm talking about

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Old school pvp is more enjoyable than being pulled my a speed deamon warrior and die in like 2sec the old days where plain weps and armor were enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

what about a pvp map based on skill and only skill ? ( well.. as much as one can have considering the low skill cap of AL ) Simple TDM game , no pets allowed , no house buffs . Everybody entering will automatically equip the same set of gear ( The type for each class can be something the community decides ) . The build is up to you and vanity is allowed . Might actually make pvp fun for people that don't want to waste hours of their life running maus for gold

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kokpaw View Post
    Old school pvp is more enjoyable than being pulled my a speed deamon warrior and die in like 2sec the old days where plain weps and armor were enough

You know what I'm talking about..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Before the pvp system was much harder espescially for mages. So i think it wont happen. But maps might be added

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gouiwaa9000 View Post
    what about a pvp map based on skill and only skill ? ( well.. as much as one can have considering the low skill cap of AL ) Simple TDM game , no pets allowed , no house buffs . Everybody entering will automatically equip the same set of gear ( The type for each class can be something the community decides ) . The build is up to you and vanity is allowed . Might actually make pvp fun for people that don't want to waste hours of their life running maus for gold
    Yeah So True the amount of Tryhards in the Pvp Maps are absurd we need more Fairness

Using Tapatalk