Thread: Newbie needs to clear doubts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Newbie needs to clear doubts

Hi there, my in-game name is "Fishrod". I am a Birdie. Just started 3 days.
    I purchased the Archer Platinum set with the 4 items at level 20.
    I would like to know more about the weapons concept after i read through forums.

1) I hope to confirm whats customize set? isit a full gear set with the same names? what level should i start getting customize set if thats the case? I am lvl30 now
    2)what is enchanted weapon? I saw weapons that is enchanted but the stats are not stronger actually, so does it do extra stuff?
    3) there are weapons that are shiny or has some graphic effect like fire burning, is it only a graphic image or does extra stuff?
    4) Is customized set stronger then the Platinum Set?

I am a lazy player towards hunting for items,so i rather buy the Platinum Set. But if for higher level like 40+ onwards, which is better?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Hey Fishrod!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroox View Post
    I would like to know more about the weapons concept after i read through forums.

1) I hope to confirm whats customize set? isit a full gear set with the same names? what level should i start getting customize set if thats the case? I am lvl30 now
    Customisable gear is gear which you have crafted. It is a set, but gives out sparkles
    2)what is enchanted weapon? I saw weapons that is enchanted but the stats are not stronger actually, so does it do extra stuff?
    I am not totally sure what this means

3) there are weapons that are shiny or has some graphic effect like fire burning, is it only a graphic image or does extra stuff?
    There are some platinum gear which let's off fire.
    I think so

I am a lazy player towards hunting for items,so i rather buy the Platinum Set. But if for higher level like 40+ onwards, which is better?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

The customized set is a lvl 55 sewers set. The fire around the axes/swords can add extra fire damage if I remember correctly. Also I do not quite understand what you mean by enchanted. Do you mean the lvl 55 enchanted set or an item that has a weapon protection? If enchanted is in the name of an item it is most likely that it's just to "decorate" the name.

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

1) custom 'set' is the name for a crafted raid roach set (lv55 dex set). It consists of custom cap, talon/recurve/autobow, leather and wing. Most used custom set is: cap, recurve and leather.

2) enchanted is the name for crafted lv55 mega Mage set-pieces (INT). If you're talking about weapons, you'll find enchanted gem star wand, gemstone wand, gemshard wand, gemstone staff and gemblast staff. They don't necessarily do more dmg individually as compared to their uncrafted (mega Mage) weapons, but if combined with enchanted cap and robe they can form a 'set, and they generally give you better survivability due to a high h/s. sets are: cap, gemstone wand/bracer or staff, and robes. Staff sets adds some extra dmg on top of survivability too.

3) I think you're talking about 'sets', if you equip certain items, your 'set' sparkles or shows flames. This means you get a stat bonus, which is different depending on what gear you're talking about (you can find all sets with their bonusses in Yanis' thread in the traders section)

4) customized (crafted lv55 raid roadh gear) is definitely way stronger than plat gear of the same level.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi skeletonlord!!

many thanks to all the seniors for clearing so much on my doubts, i had a clearer understanding now.

Looks like once i hit lvl40+ i will have to start my hunting for items,cannot depend on platinum items. .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

hi skeletonlord!!

many thanks to all the seniors for clearing so much on my doubts, i had a clearer understanding now.

Looks like once i hit lvl40+ i will have to start my hunting for items,cannot depend on platinum items. .
    Farm a lot, sell the good stuff you don't really need, and buy what you need later on

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sell in auction? which level of equipments should i start to invest on? I am thinking to go easy on my items by using the pinks i found on lv30-40, and lv40-50 get platinum set, and lvl50 onwards start getting those late game equipments.

sorry if i ask alot of questions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

sell in auction? which level of equipments should i start to invest on? I am thinking to go easy on my items by using the pinks i found on lv30-40, and lv40-50 get platinum set, and lvl50 onwards start getting those late game equipments.

sorry if i ask alot of questions
    I really think items bought or looted from lvl 40+ are better than the plat bought items. You can liquidate unneeded items and sell the good unusable items in cs for more gold enabling you to buy/loot better gear at higher lvls.
    I'm really not sure about birds though. Mine is only 35. It's that way with the bear and mage equipment though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

At level 30 the best thing to get is shivering set, its pretty good till lvl40, its a bit pricey for a new player, but if u want to hunt for it, it drops in frozen nightmares

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks alot!
    By the way, new questions haha. I bought the Elite Map, and omg its like impossible to go through.
    I was stuck at lcl31, i cannot do the alien Oasis quests until lv35 i suppose?
    What do u all do? farm and train at lost expedition all the way to lv35 or i should buy the 30-35 map?

Wasted 10 coins on the frozen nightmare ~.~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Thanks alot!
    By the way, new questions haha. I bought the Elite Map, and omg its like impossible to go through.
    I was stuck at lcl31, i cannot do the alien Oasis quests until lv35 i suppose?
    What do u all do? farm and train at lost expedition all the way to lv35 or i should buy the 30-35 map?

Wasted 10 coins on the frozen nightmare ~.~
    hello and welcome Maroox

so you cannot start Alien Oasis until lvl 33
    so the short answer is yes you have to farm and train in one of the lower levels

i particularly prefer the first level of ancient swamps since its a higher level than lost expedition
    if you want I occasionally play on my lvl 31 bear ign: Tachmonite

type "/t tachmonite (insert message here)" to message me in game and if im on ill add u and we can go do some runs together

as far as frozen nightmare goes, your plat isnt wasted!
    elite levels generally need to be played in a group of people because they are much harder
    the items from there are pretty good (the pink ones are the best up until lvl 40-45 in my opinion)

andddd you can go back there whenever so dont sweat it if you cant find a group now, theres sometimes ppl that run through it occasionally
    PL - Eznite, Tachmonite, Adullam, Kelach
    SL - Adino

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

In all cases custom/enchanted/fortified sets are the best. For yo
    ur level you should use the Frozen Nightmare gear. At level 50, shadow or void gear is your best option. At level 60 instead of "custom gear" there is demonic gear.

Plat sets are usually worse then farmed sets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silentarrow View Post
    In all cases custom/enchanted/fortified sets are the best. For yo
    ur level you should use the Frozen Nightmare gear. At level 50, shadow or void gear is your best option. At level 60 instead of "custom gear" there is demonic gear.

Plat sets are usually worse then farmed sets.
    Enchanted set on a mage is definitely much worse than mega mage in PvP. Just sayin'

U rok, thanks!

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Enchanted set on a mage is definitely much worse than mega mage in PvP. Just sayin'
    Oh lol...
    Last edited by Silentarrow; 11-02-2011 at 09:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Noted on all the tips.

Thanks for the support given to newbie