Thread: Reviving Pocket Legends and ingame issues

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Reviving Pocket Legends and ingame issues

Pocket Legends is a great game that I have enjoyed for years. It's one of those games that I find myself coming back to year after year. I believe it holds this place in many of it's players hearts, however over time I feel the game decaying.

First I want to talk about the decay in players. As well all know, Pocket Legends is not what it once was. It used to be a flled constantly with every level of PvP having rooms and a group of people dedicated to that level. Now there is a much smaller group of people and the only viable levels of play that consistently have rooms are 22/27/30/35/40/66/71/100. The levels 10-20 and 45-61 are abandoned due to a lack of players which is a really disheartening thing to see. My suggestion to reviving the game would be to unban any account that has been banned for over a year, and setting a maximum ban time for a first ban. This would allow people to come back to the game and it would also revive the playerbase significantly. I know for a fact that there are a parge number of players who want to enjoy the game but have been banned for an unclear reason. a possible issue with this idea is the possible surge of toxic and rulebreaking players into the game. My response to the is that every community will have some troublemakew, and soon enough these players will be banned for their actions. I believe that to restart the pocket legends community this would be a great option. Another bonus of this would be to boost the platinum purchases, thus allowing spatime to have some leeway, aswell as lowering the platinum costs inside the shop that are so often complained about. Another issue that i would like to talk about is the state of PvP and what I personally would think it needs. Keep in mind this is super subjective. So in my eyes, pvp needs more diversity in gear, classes, and a reduction of luck.

First, the gear. One of the reasons pvp has gotten stale is the lack of variance in gear and the usage of the gear. For years the best gear for L25-27 has been halloween and christmas gear. To make a pvp character at any level from 22-45 you can use the halloween armor for that level, a reaper, and a bone cage and you will be successful. It just feels too repetitive to me and i think if new options were buffed or nerfed it would all around lead to a more enjoyable experience. I also would love to see events introducing new gear with new stats with 5 level incriments like they use to have. This would add whole new builds and ways to play and woukd make events a much more exciting thing, aswell as boost the platinum purchases since the benefits are not purely cosmetic.

The second issue i see in pvp is the irrelevance of certain classes at certain levels. This is a sad thing for me to see. One of the most striking examples of this is bird from level 10-27. Birds is a completely luck based character at these levels and there is no way to make a bird that is not built around crit or dodge luck. As a result, bird is hardly used at these levels. The same goes for fox from 50-100. It is all but irrelevant at these levels and it is sad to see such an enjoyable class go to waste. I believe that either A: bear and mage need a nerf, or B: foxes from L35-100 need an armor buff, and an increase to their debuffs seeing that their lack of armor and damage dealing is their downfall. Birds from 10-35 and 66-76 also need an armor buff, but rather than a debuff boost i believe burd needs a flat damage buff. Bird relies on a hard nuke, and if that doesnt work its done. Lastly, i believe rhino needs an armor buff from L25-51. Rhino is better than the other 2 classes, however it seems rhino is either OP like at cap or L20 or underpowered like at 27-40.

Lastly i believe that luck should be reduced. While i realize the luck based mechanics are at the core of PL pvp i think they should be toned down. While i believe crit takes away from a balanced pvp experience i will be focusing on dodge. Dodge is the worst mechanic in the game in my opinion and i believe that it should be heavily tweaked. The ability to dodge requires nothing, howver can decide the winner fo a fight. Levels like 40 are completely based upon dodge. In a fight between two bears the first to dodge a debuff will most likely win. A change to dodge that i believe would greatly increase the playability of these levels is to only make damage dodgeable. Debuffs, pulls, pushes, and stuns would be garunteed (providing the players hit% was 100%) and this would allow for a much more equal playing field. The problem with this change is that it would demolish classes like fox and bird that rely on dodge to escape from their opponents. They would need to be reworked either to outrange the other classes, or to have the opportunity to debuff aswell.

Those are my thoughts on the game. Doubt anyone will care but i felt like getting my thoughts written down so here ya go. I am probably not seeing a numbers of issues that are bound to come with large changes like these but id stil like to see what yall think. Let me know any disagreements you may have.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Like you, PL will always hold a special place in my heart, and that is why you will find me roaming around the forums and responding to threads like these.

Unfortunately, I think it's virtually impossible to revive the player-base unless there was some tremendous overhaul in the game itself, which includes (but is not limited to): balanced PvP, new PvE content with really cool gear, new game modes, better community events, more guild options etc.

Cinco (with a little help from Justg) is the only dev who is actively managing the game. It's extremely unlikely that anything will be done to resuscitate the community. Their business plan has been pretty clear ever since they moved on to AL – they will, and must keep on producing new games to remain competitive in the mobile gaming industry rather than invest their resources into the games they have now.

My real hope is that they produce an amazing game that attracts hundreds of thousands of players. PLA does not seem to be drawing in a very large player-base (hopefully that changes in the future). Basically, the only 'hope' for PL is if there is a copious amount of resources that can thus be allocated otherwise.

Edit: In response to your first point about unbanning players – STS conducts itself with the utmost integrity and ethicality. When they ban players, they do so for very good reason. Unbanning those players would pretty much go against everything they believe in a gaming community.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 01-02-2018 at 12:34 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Bring back wall glitches.

Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk