Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Events Losing Their Touch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Default Events Losing Their Touch

I don't know if it's just me, but it feels like events just seem less and less exciting each year and I just don't feel as motivated to go for platinum tier.
    I think what is causing this is the exact same things being reused every year for all events and a lack of items that seem desirable. This winter event felt somewhat lacking and felt like there was something that was missing. What do you guys think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

I think it's okay that this event is a bit lacking. STS doesn't have much time to prepare events if they are working fulltime on the next expansion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I really hope the expansion makes up for the lacking events we had

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaziscate View Post
    I don't know if it's just me, but it feels like events just seem less and less exciting each year and I just don't feel as motivated to go for platinum tier.
    I think what is causing this is the exact same things being reused every year for all events and a lack of items that seem desirable. This winter event felt somewhat lacking and felt like there was something that was missing. What do you guys think?
    In a game like this, it's expected that events will have semi recycled content. The rewards can't be compared with previous years as the game was heading towards a peak back then and everything was also fresh. For myself I couldn't get to plat because its too high this year. It's the first event where I didn't bother.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

The devs should allow players to create their own vanity then submit each event to the devs. The devs would then choose the winner and give them a prize and also put their vanity as a reward for top 5 and what not. The mobs need to look more funky tbh, all their outfits look decent but need more livelihood to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

I haven’t reached platinum tier in an event since 2014 winter event. Platinum tier is just not worth it for me, you usually get a title, some locks/vanity that isn’t worth that much.

The 2017 winter event felt EXTREMELY lacking.
    Token vendor was a big disappointment with only 1 vanity set and 2 eggs which where both overpriced. To top it off token cap was 2000 while it cost 2000 tokens to buy Heroic Breezaga. Best thing you could buy was the lock recipe. Tiers were way too high with platinum tier being 28k points and you didn’t even get a title. For gold tier you got untradeable crate keys, 1 Rudolph egg and 1 Shadowspire elixir. Compare winter event gold tier rewards to 2017 Halloween gold tier reward (Heroic Fenris egg). Keep in mind the points required for gold tier during halloween event was 2k I believe. It’s fine if sts wants to have gold tier at 7K points for longer events but make the rewards worth it at least. I hope the events in 2018 are more enjoyable.
    Last edited by Screenshotz; 01-29-2018 at 09:21 AM.

7.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Screenshotz View Post
    I haven’t reached platinum tier in an event since 2014 winter event. Platinum tier is just not worth it for me, you usually get a title, some locks/vanity that isn’t worth that much.

The 2017 winter event felt EXTREMELY lacking.
    Token vendor was a big disappointment with only 1 vanity set and 2 eggs which where both overpriced. To top it off token cap was 2000 while it cost 2000 tokens to buy Heroic Breezaga. Best thing you could buy was the lock recipe. Tiers were way too high with platinum tier being 28k points and you didn’t even get a title. For gold tier you got untradeable crate keys, 1 Rudolph egg and 1 Shadowspire elixir. Compare winter event gold tier rewards to 2017 Halloween gold tier reward (Heroic Fenris egg). Keep in mind the points required for gold tier during halloween event was 2k I believe. It’s fine if sts wants to have gold tier at 7K points for longer events but make the rewards worth it at least. I hope the events in 2018 are more enjoyable.
    We hear ya. Next up is Hugthulu, let's see how that goes down!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post: