Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Winter Event Feedback Request

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

- Was it too long/ short?

will be great if all big events standardized in 2 weeks length, too long events simply bore most players, and torture leaderboards runner, try checking the activity of the event's 3rd week, i bet mostly are only lb runners, running with mostly another lb runners, which is probably only 5-10% of the community.

- How was the Energy crafting time?

takes way too long especially because we have another things we want to craft immediately -> flamestones

- How challenging were the Leaderboard requirements?

leaderboard challenge is more related to how long the event is, how active the community is, and how good/unique the leaderboard prize is, rather than tier points requirement, so imo, it's a lot harder in winter.

- How were the rewards?

at least leaderboard rewards needs to be unique, please don't recolor anything for leaderboard rewards.

tier rewards is rather a let down, especially after getting heroic pets on previous two events' gold tier reward. also for a caliber of 28k points to reach plat, reward are disappointing, my suggestion is to give untradeable crate keys, 25 tokens can't be exchanged with anything.

event tokens reward choices are too few on a 3 weeks long event

event bosses' loot table (and tbh whole arlor's bosses' loot table). rarity should relate to drop chance, no point in making classes in rarity if one of the item fill 90% share in the same rarity (in this event's case, snowy). ideally every enemies' loot table should have a certain percentage for each rarity (e.g. rare 60% epic 30% legendary 9-10% arcane/mythic 1%), and items in the same rarity should have similar percentage between them (e.g. snowy and massive should be each 5% filled the total of 10% legendary).

brood dragon's drop table is simply interesting especially with 3 new items, also snow miser vanity looks good and visually detailed, not like blocky old vanities.

- What other feedback do you have?
    brood dragon spawn sub-event is suck especially for a global game, where people's active hours are different, preferably brood should spawn at every 8h, for 30 mins each. will be great if brood automatically hatched at 8h / 12h period, and then the use of flamestone will speed up the spawn. also will be great if flamestone crafting time is as short as halloween candy bar is (5 mins)

also pls fix how reroll works, the current system of reroll is making legendary items dropping way too much, and is almost useless for mythic/arcane rarity, also there is unclear position of vanity in this rarity ranking, is it above legendary, above mythic, or above arcane?

and the last but not least, as many have written before, unclear official forum/in game information especially about how shadowspire elixir work really disappointing.

will be great if you also reduce permanently the experience needed to level up pets, or run 2x pet xp on events to reward people who buy/hatch newly released pets early.
    Last edited by extrapayah; 01-09-2018 at 03:43 AM.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to extrapayah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Even though i didnt loot much from event after spending 10m+
    BUT the most important thing is this even was f2p friendly this is the fact which i appreciate the most nd events should b like this in future too bcoz luck has lost its value since gl came in nd luck needs to b bought bck nd event like this r best for it
    Crafting time of energies should b reduced for sure
    As i already said rewards from broods were great (i was unluckjy though -_-)
    Event was a little long
    Thisis all i got to say
    This event was really one of thes best althought i wasted alot of my really precious time on it..
    Good work
    THE MOST SAD THING ABOUT BETRAYAL:-
    IT NEVER COMES FROM AN ENEMY
    MMPH DOESN'T UNDERSTAND THAT,GL!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

I really miss the snow falling from the sky this year

[Gamer 🎮] [Public Loudspeaker 📢] [Forum adept 🔧] [Economist 💰] [Positive user 💡] [Verified Profile ✔️]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

The event length was perfect tbh.

Energy craft times, meh with the upcoming removal of crafted energies I believe the craft time should be about 30 mins.

XD As usual LB was hard to get haha

- How were the rewards?
    I think rewards could of been better, maybe a green arlor vanity at plat tier or something. Also 24k points for plat tier was waay too much.

Reduce Tier point requirements.
    Reduce spawn time on Brood Dragon.
    Even though the rest have nothing to do with the event, I definitely think they should be implemented:
    +More housing space.
    +Option of being able to edit the guild hall similar to the houses & possible bring larger guild halls we can buy with plats (more income for sts XD)
    +Make Guild events a thing so that GMs can host them and theres some kind of mini lb or something idk haha (PVE events / Recruiting events / farming certain items events, theres alot of potential)
    +This one is one of the best ideas ever: You know how we can put our weapons on display with weapon holder, why can't we do the same with our armors with a Armor holder haha.

Peace out Marsuu
    YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/marsu4u

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marsu4u For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

-all ive seen is 90% of my mates dont run event...
    -im sad
    -I still love AL

-Bakeh

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #26
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeteric14 View Post
    -all ive seen is 90% of my mates dont run event...
    -im sad
    -I still love AL
    You'll be ok, but could you provide more specific feedback on why your mates don't run?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Hey folks, Winter wraps up tomorrow, and we would like to know your thoughts.

- How were the rewards?

This year we are going to be buffing out some of our minor events (more on this later). Your feedback will help us make them awesome!

Thanks,

- g
    WOOO, ARCANE LEGENDS 4 LYFE!!!!!

1.The Duration was perfect!!!!

2.The energy crafting system was fine!

3.Haven't ran it but it looked like fun competition!

4.The rewards where awesome! I loved it!

5.This event was so much fun, i absolutely loved running maps to farm energy with a lot of groups and fighting bosses and farming lockeds and eggs! Thank you justg,Vroom,Goldilox,Cinco and the entire spacetime studios staff/developers for this lovely amazing event i had so much fun and it was worth the time! <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Motherless_Child View Post
    The event was not too long or short..... The duration was actually kind of on the money.....

If reaching plat tier is going to be this tedious, 30min - 45min max crafting time will be needed.... Also, clear information about the event needs to be available... A lack of this caused some to start grinding tiers late and, after the event had already reached midpoint, reaching plat tier was impossible....... Some weren't concerned with tiers at first but, after finding out we needed gold tier to use elixir, we got there and it's like you might as well go for plat after putting in all that time and effort but, we cannot reach plat tier now...... Kind of disappointing....

Leaderboard requirements were challenging at first because of misinformation.... Again, STS left out the fact that you need gold tier to use the elixir.......... Be clear about every aspect of the event (requirements for this, that, and the other, ETC.) and there should be no problems about understanding the challenge.... No need to have secrets......

Event token vendor prizes absolutely sucked........ Heroic breezaga as top token vendor item???? There are better NON heroic pets.... I know you aren't supposed to get "artifact" caliber prizes from the vendor but, heroic breezaga is just, no........ The "EVENT VENDOR" prizes for this event were horrible...... Just a bunch of crap to work towards.... The heroic Krampus, mass ice, and artifact are of course good prizes but, the event vendor's rewards were trash...... Just being honest......... The bronze and silver tier rewards were fair.... The gold and platinum tier rewards were not bad but, those crate tokens should have been plat..... Definitely a mistake giving tokens instead of plat....... Some people are just sitting on those tokens, plat for tier rewards is better because some have no use for crate tokens whereas, everyone has use for plat....

Oh, also.... 1500 vendor tokens to get the recipe for one of those vanity weapons was a bit ridiculous.... Additionally, do not make an elixir to increase the drop rate of an item that already drops very frequently...... Black ice weapons were falling good enough without the elixir, so no need to make a shadowspire elixir to increase the drop rate of that.... Instead, it would have been better to just give a chance to loot a large locked in addition to the green vanity, hero kramp, and amss ice......
    +1000
    /////////

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

I like the event duration. Perhaps no crafting of essence but entry token drops. That would save time and inventory spaces. I was disappointed that plat tier prizes didn’t include a title or banner. Leaderboard is beyond my time to play limits, so i wont coment on that. This years miser vanity was beautiful. The onyx n greater onyx could have had a better loot table and tradable energy kits were noticeably missing from chests.
    Over all tho still my favorite game and am looking toward an exciting 2018!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Heyo Gary, here we are

-Event timing 3 weeks for winter its good as always.

-Energy drop rate was good, but from now on crafting time should be 30 minutes each, and maybe also extend crafting station slots up to 10 at least via story tokens.

-The competition was great, this time particularly nice cause of a very appreciated banner. Design was perfect and this made many people run it till last minute! (Me included).

- other toughts? Yes, I miss x2 double odds arcane items from massives was going on during every winter event years ago..its time those arcane weps are more available to players..
    All the others rewards were pretty low compared to the high quantity of tokens/points needed. Expected better pets both as gold tier and from token vendor.

Keep up the good work anyway, we all waiting for expansion

#longlifeto66cap

-Will
    Last edited by WilliamTheFighter; 01-09-2018 at 04:51 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Basically No pain, no gain.
    If dont wanna pain, use plat.
    This event? Too much pain, nothing good.

Plat user: Wanna speed up to get high tier N farm better or best thing.
    But high tier? Why to get there? Nothing good.
    Buy elix? Why? Nothing better to get items.

No plat user: Using their time(Time is money)
    Craft energy N get to high tier.
    But this event? Why? Just need 200 tokens to buy badge. High tier? Nothing in there.
    Vanity? Ehhhhh. Just run other map N buy in ac.

Last event, event mobs' gold drop was so nice n good to earn gold. But this event?......

Dont know why running the event. There is no reason to run the event using our time n plat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Lots of good feedback. The duration was good, however the higher tiers and their rewards were poor. The only reason I got Gold was to allow me to use the shadowspire elixir. As always, lots of missing information related to events. Why were the requirements for the shadowspire elixir not released? This really frustrates players. The crafting time is too long. No comment on the leader board as I didn't run. Token vendor needs better items to buy. Really poor choice of tier pet and token pet. Boss loot could use some work. It would be nice to have ankhs, energy kits, elixirs (consumables) added to the bosses. Gold drop from mobs/boss could be better as well. There is a ton of room for improvements. With all that said, I still enjoyed the event. Thanks!
    Last edited by MysticRob; 01-09-2018 at 05:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

- How were the rewards?

1) 3 weeks is prefect
    2) 4h is too long, given that nobody will have stocked energy anymore
    3) I don't run lb, but rewards are not worth requirements
    4) Rewards for tiers were disappointing, especially 10 crate tokens
    5) Rogue class needs game changing procs in future arcanes. This class used to carry others on boss runs in events, but this event I see rogue has least minimum lb points, meanwhile on mage lb the struggle is real because of popularity just because dragon staff is so much game changing.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Was it too long/ short?
    Definitely a little long for the poor lb rewards, same as last year winter event. Minus artifacts/Arlor set which were a nice addition.

Pathetic as usual, Its holiday time, people have other things to do besides play games.

Easy if you have time plat/gold to do so.

- How were the rewards?
    Brood rewards where better than Lb awards.

So, if you want such a long tedious event to be any fun. Bring back stuff like Frank sets, Mummy, Ghost, Medusa, Tree, Orig Jester. Things that people love and would actually give an arm and a leg to run the lb for. Things that
    people can't get because greedy people had 3-4 rare vanities stashed away and got banned with it. These things aren't in the market anymore, unless you are willing to pay 100m+ for a frank/medusa set.

Another thing I myself was lucky to loot an artifact
    and a few sets, but i have to ask how to does the sts loot table work for peoples accounts? Are some more special than others? Some people have looted 5-9 arcane artifacts this event, while some looted none. I watched in a pt as one person looted 2
    artifacts. I really want want to know how that is worked out, the drop variable for a persons acc.

Another thing, why is it selective which events prizes are trade-able or not? All previous event lb rewards should be made trade-able with immediate effect. IF
    you want to bring fairness to the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

As far as the time the event runs I’m ok with a three week event of these things are considered

-don’t have the same loot in the drop table the full three weeks
    -update the vendor as well and remove items and add items so as to not flood the market with the gear or pets
    - the points system for the leader board of the event should only run for 2 weeks ,but can keep the interest in running the event map up by adding a special loot drop to the bosses the last week, and even add a last week elixir to help loot these items so as to continue to provide sts with an income off of energy and elixir sales

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Twomucho For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Yay, winter is over! Well, no wait, it is still brrrrr cold outside!

- Length of Event: For me, 3 weeks for the holiday event is perfect, since there are many days when I have to do holidays stuffs, such as shop. Oh and hang out with families and friends. It usually takes up at least a week of days, if not more, so the 3 weeks of the event is about perfect for me. With all the RL commitments, it actually is a 2-week event for me, just spread over a 3-week time period. Knowing about the holidays though, meant that 28k points for plat tier, while possibly doable, was something I wrote off pretty much from the beginning. I do some event planning once I know the tier requirements, and knowing that the holidays requires a lot of offline time meant that it was better for my life to not include plat tier in my gaming plans. Once that was out of the way, I certainly found my holidays much more relaxing.

- Energy Crafting Time: It is probably ok if I had more foresight and planned better and crafted a ton of energy before brood appeared. However, shopping seemed more important at the time During the last week, I tended to do more flamestone crafting than energy crafting. It was probably a planning failure on my part. But then again, I had a lot of RL fun during the holidays, so no complaints.

- LB seemed very challenging, but then again, for this event, I think it usually is, considering there are people who skip holidays activities to spend all their holiday time playing. For those of us who cannot be in game as much, LB is impossible. I do not think that is necessarily bad. It is the nature of the winter holidays and the winter holiday event. Winter seems especially challenging for game planning, simply because there are people who can spend their entire holidays in the game, while there are people who have real life commitments and have many days where finding game time is more difficult than usual. For myself, I just know that about 5-7 days of the holidays I will be out of the game or mostly afk and adjust my expectations accordingly.

- The plat reward seemed a bit dull to me, but other people seemed to enjoy the vanity. Heroic Breezaga is a bit of yawn but non-heroic Breezaga was a bit of a yawn also. It was only cool for its appearance. It definitely needs slotting. Rewards always seem a bit blasé once an event gets going, simply because everyone is running for the same items. Six months down the road, the items become a bit more interesting to all those who did not participate.

- Warriors did seem to have a hard time finding brood groups. I usually had 1-2 warriors in my groups, but I heard from others that PUGs were full of warriors. I did some PUGs a few times and they did not seem that warrior-filled to me. Warrior population is generally high anyways though, so there is some of that. There were ways to deal with Brood; it is probably just that PUGs tend to be lower information, lower gears, lower damage.

Anyways, I had fun during winter: Lots of shopping and eating and relatives and friends. So thanks for the holiday event!

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

I agree, should be 30 min crafting time
    And decent energy drops
    Tbh 28 k was a lil high for plat tier, but considering we had to use all horded energy it was fine for this particular event
    Now, I do hope you guys consider lowering the xp requirements for lvls, 100+ k xp per lvl is getting too far out there can we consider a moderate reset of this?
    Ty g

Sent from my LGLS450 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Hey folks, Winter wraps up tomorrow, and we would like to know your thoughts.

- How were the rewards?

This year we are going to be buffing out some of our minor events (more on this later). Your feedback will help us make them awesome!

Thanks,

- g
    G-

• Length of duration was fine for me.
    • Crafting energy took to long for those who would be f2p
    • Climbing the way to the top of lb for winter event seemed maybe a bit to long to plat
    • Rewards were great

The brood hatching is a great idea, however with all the crafting it was hard for me to craft more than 10 stones. Perhaps maybe points earned by the community from running an event could awaken a boss?

Many other great suggestions in this thread (:
    Avy
    12-2012

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

1. Duration of the event was perfect. Never got bored and yet didn't feel it was too short.
    2. I found energy crafting time and essence drop rate was fine.
    3. Tiers were far to hard to achieve for anyone who is a casual player. If tiers in the future will be this high, the energy crafting time and drop rate should be adjusted.
    4. Rewards weren't great but weren't bad either. Wish it were crate keys instead of crate tokens.
    5. Loved the fact that players could loot expensive stuff from brood (arlor set and arti) without having to spend plat. Normally all the good stuff comes in locked crates so 2 thumbs up for letting f2p players loot stuff. Overall great and fun event! Minor complaint is that hopefully future events the non crafted energy kits return to the onyx chests and greater onyx chests (or whatever they are called for future event). Was kinda bummed they were removed from this event as they are always a fun little bonus to get.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

1.The requirements were too high keeping in mind the energy drop and crafting time.
    28k points in 21 days is like 1.3k points everyday. And it's very difficult unless you spend hours and hours of grinding (12-16 hours) plus 2hours for crafting.
    2. Rewards for grinding upto plat recoloured vanity set and crate tokens. Bleh. Not worth it.
    3.Insufficient information were given. You didn't tell us shadow elixir could be used only in gold tier. Many people didn't grind to gold because they thought they would grind brood using elixir. You didn't say whether elixir was needed for arti etc. Sufficient info must be given.
    4. I found it boring because rewards were not enough of plat tier but brood was good. Good for f2p players. But as I said before sufficient info should be provided so the players utilise their abilities at max.

Thanks for Reading.
    -A loyal AL player

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk