Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PC Issues

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Default PC Issues

Players are having issues playing the game on laptops/PC.
    There is a lot of static every time a player moves around, all the sound/music gets combined into one and it creates so much lag that players can't even move around.
    Keyboard buttons WASD are now being used to move the chars around when that has NEVER happened before. Most PC players use the arrow keys to move.
    Lastly, every time a player uses the arrow keys the screen moves along the buttons pressed. Especially if it is in F11 mode (fullscreen). This causes the map/screen to look disoriented.

Many rely on laptop/PC to play dark legends or other STS game. So please fix this ASAP!

Thank you!

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,881 Posts

What os / platform / screen resolution were you playing on?

It's been switched back to the previous version, so shouldn't be happening anymore, but we need to track these things down since the old one will eventually no longer work.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Futumsh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Thank you! The problem is fixed now, I can now play in F11 mode and moving around playing with sound is no longer an issue. No more static with music/sound on while moving.

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,881 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adamizsilly View Post
    Thank you! The problem is fixed now, I can now play in F11 mode and moving around playing with sound is no longer an issue. No more static with music/sound on while moving.
    When you can, please try it again with the following link:
    dl wasm test client
    (with any additional parameters on the end that you normally use for resolution, etc).

We need to track down the problems with this version (wasm), as the current one will stop working at some point (chrome is deprecating nacl support).
    We haven't been able to reproduce either the keyboard or audio problems you mentioned, so any additional info would be helpful.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Futumsh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Sorry for late reply. Didn't think I had to check this post again since the issue was fixed.
    The link you provided gives the same problem I mentioned in the post I had made.
    In F11 (fullscreen) mode when I move my char around using the arrow keys, the game screen moves along the arrows pressed. If I move up once or twice or x amount of times my screen will move along the number of times the key is pressed. This doesn't happen when I press WASD to move my char. But using WASD to move is hard to play since power keys (1-4) are right above the WASD.
    No problems occur if I just click open the bookmark tab of the game. So the link you gave has the problems.
    Hope this makes sense.
    I know other players have had this same problem as me and it was fixed for them also the day you had replied back to my original post.

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,881 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adamizsilly View Post
    Sorry for late reply. Didn't think I had to check this post again since the issue was fixed.
    The link you provided gives the same problem I mentioned in the post I had made.
    In F11 (fullscreen) mode when I move my char around using the arrow keys, the game screen moves along the arrows pressed. If I move up once or twice or x amount of times my screen will move along the number of times the key is pressed. This doesn't happen when I press WASD to move my char. But using WASD to move is hard to play since power keys (1-4) are right above the WASD.
    No problems occur if I just click open the bookmark tab of the game. So the link you gave has the problems.
    Hope this makes sense.
    I know other players have had this same problem as me and it was fixed for them also the day you had replied back to my original post.
    What OS are you using?
    What kind of machine are you using?
    What is your screen resolution, and are you using a custom resolution for the game, or the default?

We still haven't found any combination that reproduces your arrow key problem here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

I'm using windows 10 Home. I have next book flex 11 and screen resolutions is 1366 x768 which I guess would be specifically for my laptop/tablet. I haven't changed my laptop's settings in any way to modify DL or any STS games. At this point, the game isn't causing me any problems. I was just telling the issues because other players were having same problem as me. You've fixed the problem so it's all good now.