Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is so sad when we let this happen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Default Is so sad when we let this happen

There a lot of people on these forums abusing the system, overpricing or trying to manipulate prices. Not a whole lot we can do about it but be mindful of what you are reading bc I can promise you that some of these so called merchants in game these days are nothing more than scam artists who got lucky and learned how to deceive people.

Point is .....don’t believe everything you read

I think most true buyers and sellers pm each other and don’t brodcast thier prices or what they are willing to pay. I know many get fooled by these overpriced items or even more get fooled by the threads making items seem less than what they are truly worth.

If it’s a leaderboard vanity and You think it’s only worth 30m with 17 in the whole world of arlor but arcane shivs are worth just as much then I would truly like you to step back and think about it bc there are hundreds of shivs in game not just 17, just saying

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Twomucho For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

I always bounce big purchases off knowledgable friends to make sure there’s nothing shifty going down. I also only do big trades with people I know.

I would rather someone put it in auction and buy it that way than do a player to player trade with someone I don’t know.

As far as pricing goes, well reminds me of amazon. Sometimes the same thing is $10 and at the same time it’s $100.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ucamaeben For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Majority of price manipulator are veteran/well known player..if u read trade section most of the time ..u will know who they are....for example..last november green arlor for rog price was around 30m plus...few weeks later theres someone selling green set for rog for 60m..and was sold...mayb sold to his /her imaginary friend....this kind of merchant take advantage of al curent economy which is money isnt a thing anymore...unlike last year if u have 20m ur rich..now if u have 50m...u cant even buy decent gear for endgame pvp..50m is just price of arc sword lvl 66...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Froze.Exe For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Only a major reboot like during first days of rengol that lowered arc ring from 100m to 8m will help here.

As for now, there's already a guy who wants 75m for green arlor:
    https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...rlor-set-rogue
    Last edited by Alwarez; 01-13-2018 at 01:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Froze.Exe View Post
    Majority of price manipulator are veteran/well known player..if u read trade section most of the time ..u will know who they are....for example..last november green arlor for rog price was around 30m plus...few weeks later theres someone selling green set for rog for 60m..and was sold...mayb sold to his /her imaginary friend....this kind of merchant take advantage of al curent economy which is money isnt a thing anymore...unlike last year if u have 20m ur rich..now if u have 50m...u cant even buy decent gear for endgame pvp..50m is just price of arc sword lvl 66...
    I agree the green Arlor price is a complete bs. I personally don’t believe there are worth 60m+. I remember not too long ago it was hardly a 35m vanity. All these manipulations are just bs. That’s why I hate vanities prices

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    I agree the green Arlor price is a complete bs. I personally don’t believe there are worth 60m+. I remember not too long ago it was hardly a 35m vanity. All these manipulations are just bs. That’s why I hate vanities prices
    I know a friend who sold one for around 35m like 3 months ago and now the price of it is insane..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Would be helpfull to know how many sets are still in the game , and how many of those belong to the same person .

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

imo AL needs an in game item bidding, or simply just remove the listing fee, fee should be paid after the item is sold.

or let pricey items to be listed for more than 7 days. or make the listing duration decided by listing price, cheaper items automatically listed at shorter period than more expensive items.

and anyway, a bid by pm is harder to check, people can claim getting pm from whoever they want, but in case of public bid, you can at least judge/decide how trusted the bidder is.
    Last edited by extrapayah; 01-14-2018 at 01:00 AM.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Didn't you think that is their right to do that? I mean why some peoples out there willing to pay a painting for over millions or billions dollar (just example), the answer is rarity. Let them do their business with some richies out there.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Donquixoth For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Arcane ring prices went down because supply went up. WAY up. So I'm guessing all the people in this thread are asking for rogue green arlors to be as common as warrior green arlors. Just be clear about what it is you want. Thanks!

Also has no one price-checked anything such as rare cars? If there is competition, the price is less. If there is just one, the price is much much more (such as 1/2 billion), even if later rumored to be fake. Anyone, including RL people, can just say no. And grow/make their own or in a created environment, get something more common or get nothing.
    Last edited by Fyrce; 01-14-2018 at 03:41 AM.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    Arcane ring prices went down because supply went up. WAY up. So I'm guessing all the people in this thread are asking for rogue green arlors to be as common as warrior green arlors. Just be clear about what it is you want. Thanks!

Also has no one price-checked anything such as rare cars? If there is competition, the price is less. If there is just one, the price is much much more (such as 1/2 billion), even if later rumored to be fake. Anyone, including RL people, can just say no. And grow/make their own or in a created environment, get something more common or get nothing.
    I think you dont understand the issue here.

What the person is trying to say is a select few people deceive people by giving them a false sense of rarity, supply and demand on forum to increase prices of items. E.g. from 30m to 70m after a month. That is not natural and manipulation has a major role in this.

He is not saying rare items should be higher priced.

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Thumbs up Agree 100%

The game economy is really bad at the moment. The low level players in my guild are not able to cope up, especially players who are new and are between level 40 to 61. To be honest the legendary gear drop rate from boses isn't that great. So these players have to buy them from auction for high price.

I know there are some so called "merch" who are actually controlling the supply and the market. The price for endgame gear like flame staff/arcane weapons are increasing by millions every month. People who have maus unlocked and already made it to the gold loot items can possibly still pay for the high price sadly. But what about the newbies? they are struggling to gear up to play the content. I feel bad when I see kids quiting the game saying that its tough, its sad because they didn't even get to reach end game to see the full potential the game has to offer.

Majority of players don't care about lb items and all that glitter.. they just want to be able to gear to play the content. Ideally the game should be dropping the gears to players to be able to play next level, isn't it? When it fails because of bad rng, even after putting the hard work, buying the gear becomes the easiest solution. And you end up paying the asked amount, making a trend... Just make token vendors for legendary gear and quest vendors for mythic gear. Pay for the hard work. Why everything has to be for gold?

The problem is: some people are too rich to be affected by bad economy, and some are too poor to contribute towards it. We hang in between to farm and pay as puppets story of a middle class.

+1 Avikk. I still see people posting trash items in auction for millions every now and then. I hope sts is keeping an eye on these people, because its generally how blackmarket players sell gold ingame. There is a locked crate for 10m in auc
    Last edited by PsychoNuke; 01-18-2018 at 09:20 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PsychoNuke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Speaking about pve and starting from zero....let’s see if I remember well (feel free to correct)
    When cap was 36-41 game wasn’t easy at all. Exping, making money....was hard f2p
    Lepre was hard to get starting from 0 and arcanes/mythics were expansive. 4/6m. Nekro was THE pet and 15/20m. Arcane ring was 3/4m,
    You run brackenridge just with lepre and elixir (later on arlorian ring) to drop lockeds that were 7-10k each.
    Exping to cap took around 2 weeks (tombs).
    Elites were....elites. Arena was ....Arena and guess what? Planar tombs were planar tombs. And where most of the money come from? Those places. Now is maus.
    Without an active guild with nice people advising you can waste a lot of time effort money and free plat for stupid things.
    From this point of view I don’t see (generally speaking) a big difference. Was hard at the time, is hard now.
    Biggest differences to me now are: game is bigger and more complicate (pet animancy, awakens, gold loot) and trading permit is after 10 days. I honestly believe that this 2 factors are the main issues.
    Just IMO
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

In my defense ......
    I was just giving my cent to the already derailed discussion xD
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Sorry I let this happen :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

its a game and the market works on supply and demand (take for example: vivals once dropped often now it rarely drops price went from 60k to 600k)(shards which was 120k when it was announced it will be a key item for vanity conversion it went from 120k to 600k)(arcane fossil which was 3-4m dropped to 600k)

lb vanities will raise in price as time goes on as its limited and demand for it grows coz limited items are only available

manipulating yeah its there i agree for example (green arlor sets , i remeber red arlor helms were 1m last year now 9m?)(crier set for mage 1-2m now 24m)
    {but i wont agree its manipulation of the price, its a game and ppl found a new legal way to earn gold which seems legit}

as a buyer you should have a complete price history of the item in hand before you buy it use forum market section for that if u find erratic price variation in it DONT BUY IT
    Last edited by herculeans; 01-18-2018 at 02:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

if you sell your items way to cheap it is your fault not the fault of the guy who buying/merching the item...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Prices take a big jump up when/if there is a lot of illicit activity going on. Prices also took a big jump with Gold Loot became especially prevalent. Values are always relative.

Star light, star bright...

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    Nott to be disrespectful or anything but I think we stray from the topic at hand.

From market manipulation we've started addressing the topic of hardships for a new player.

The trading permit exists for a reason(bots and safety of new players, mostly bots). I'm nott saying that this isn't putting off new players, example reaching a certain level to be able to trade for the hard core beginner players.

The second factor you mentioned: change. The game needs to evolve constantly if I've learned anything is a game that is static is going to die off. Change is the only constant.

I think hardships faced by the mid tier players are the worst of all the types of players out there. With endgame gear reaching prices which are way out of their reach to crafting and inventory slots acting as a anchor weighing them down especially during events.(noone sells enough crafting inventory slots to make it feasible for new players to buy those).

Hopefully with the coming expansion STS can address these issues.

P.S.: I think that would be it for me posting on this thread about problems faced by game and it's economy unless people keep the dialogue going and the OP doesn't mind the derailment
    There are enough threads about new player hardship. Back to topic.. market manipulation ... great example, one merch on this thread has a handful alts...this player can easily jack up the prices on his own traders market thread....or he can low ball players for sale threads...then viewers see prices lower...those ppl then shout to sell their items cheap...the slimey merch achieved his goal..buys all cheap items....resales for 50-75% gain....in the end there will always be price manipulations, and nott to forget the hypocrisy thats is dripping in this thread....

Laugh it up fuzzball!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

I'm a veteran player..some may argue I'm vintage (creak). I am not ashamed to say that I have under 9m gold, in fact I'm proud of it..I'm female and like shopping and I also enjoy all the aspects of AL except PvP, oh and don't get me started on grinding. I like the housing, vanities, social bits and I sometimes even play in maps! Yes I do have some nice gear and yes I have bought plat, I like upgrading things but I'm terribly impatient and plat comes in handy and also helps the game. Why just sit on a pile of gold and be miserable? Saving for your pensions?

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post: