Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Implication of Recoloured/Re-released LB vanities

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Default Implication of Recoloured/Re-released LB vanities

If you did not know, STS is considering recolouring/Re-released LB vanities.

I had many pm's in-game regarding this matter.

So here is what I think.

1. They will not be re-released ( confirmed by Justg previously).
    2. They might be recoloured ( maybe) If so, what will happen?

The prices of current/original sets will be unchanged with possibility of increasing price just like Original Jester. Why? It factors into rarity, availability and supply and demand. I could be wrong if newer vanities surpass the old ones e.g. Fire Spirt or Fire Golem.

If and when they return, I am very certain it will be in the forms of LB vanity and not store.

P.s. This is just my thoughts and speculation. Don't quote me

Leave your thoughts below:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post

If and when they return, I am very certain it will be in the forms of LB vanity and not store.
    His post seems to me to pretty clearly state that *whatever* will be introduced as either an option for tokens or as an additional store item during event, and not tied to a lb prize

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

I never understood why it's such a big problem that it might not be possible to get these extremely limited vanities - It's not possible have everything in the world, just live with it.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DalleManden For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DalleManden View Post
    I never understood why it's such a big problem that it might not be possible to get these extremely limited vanities - It's not possible have everything in the world, just live with it.
    Simple answer for that... Yolo

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

I personally would not like to see recolored LB vanitys but it's Inevitable.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    His post seems to me to pretty clearly state that *whatever* will be introduced as either an option for tokens or as an additional store item during event, and not tied to a lb prize
    Seems the same to me, anyway guess forum got enough for this topic, hope this discussion will not end in a drama like the other one xd.

Red jester n white jester didnt influence original jester price, will be the same with the others, I guess.
    (If gonna be introduced +1 from token vendor)

-Will

Inviato dal mio SM-J510FN utilizzando Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I was wondering whether they could sharpen the pixels on some banners that now look blurry now (e.g. speed demon banner)?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Since there are so few of the old lb vanities still in existense, odds are re coloring will not affect value. The old ones will still be held at a high value by collectors. Only problem that could possibly happen is if they do a bad job recoloring the vanities.

Example of bad recoloring: Changing the ice golem set to a slightly different shade of blue. Either that or adding/removing something very small on the set. This would most likely kill the prices of old lb vanities as the difference would not be noticable enough for people to spend the 100s of millions of gold on the barely different older sets.

Example of good recoloring: Changing the color of the ice golem set to all black and adding bright green eyes. Maybe these colors dont appeal to you but I think that would be awesome. The point is that this is a totally different, very noticiable difference to the original ice golem set, thus the price of the old one would still hold its value.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Or maybe we should just get new lb vanities all together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FearAL For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FearAL View Post

Well just change color orignal is original you know it.. In arlor you gonna see a bunch of ice spirit sets but the same color and then walks the guy with original he will remain being the boss.. So just do your thing dear Spacetime bunch of people wants it so put it. I will still keep my santa claus set haha :-).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Default Implication of Recoloured/Re-released LB vanities

Quote Originally Posted by Jawr View Post
    Well just change color orignal is original you know it.. In arlor you gonna see a bunch of ice spirit sets but the same color and then walks the guy with original he will remain being the boss.. So just do your thing dear Spacetime bunch of people wants it so put it. I will still keep my santa claus set haha :-).
    Lol that made basically no sense, but past that if all sts does is keep bringing back old vanities they are basically saying they don’t care about old players, because they’ll only be catering to new players/people not willing to work hard enough to earn lb sets legit, while the people who have, have nothing to look forward too.

Last edited by FearAL; 01-22-2018 at 03:22 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to FearAL For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Lol that made basically no sense, but past that if all sts does is keep bringing back old vanities they are basically saying they don’t care about old players, because they’ll only be catering to new players/people not willing to work hard enough to earn lb sets legit, while the people who have, have nothing to look forward too.

Cant agree with this. I dont think only new players wants those recoloured set. I was 1 of the people obtained the ghost set in the past 2014 and sold it for 7m (no comment on this XD) im sure a re coloured version will not affect the original price and would be nice see more of those sets (ofc if the colour difference will be noticiable). Moreover if the new set gonna be common between cities it will not be so unique.. and during time people will not wear it anymore..but only the ones who rly like how the vanity was made. During years I experienced lot of times this issue.
    Commando set was the most desired vanity than everything..then they put it as plat sale and check actually who is wearing it..(almost no one). Re coloured sets will not damage anyone if the version gonna have good difference with the original.

Lets see what will happen eheh

-Will

17. The Following User Says Thank You to WilliamTheFighter For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamTheFighter View Post
    Cant agree with this. I dont think only new players wants those recoloured set. I was 1 of the people obtained the ghost set in the past 2014 and sold it for 7m (no comment on this XD) im sure a re coloured version will not affect the original price and would be nice see more of those sets (ofc if the colour difference will be noticiable). Moreover if the new set gonna be common between cities it will not be so unique.. and during time people will not wear it anymore..but only the ones who rly like how the vanity was made. During years I experienced lot of times this issue.
    Commando set was the most desired vanity than everything..then they put it as plat sale and check actually who is wearing it..(almost no one). Re coloured sets will not damage anyone if the version gonna have good difference with the original.

Lets see what will happen eheh

-Will

That wasn't the point. People would rather be lazy and get a cheap version than to work hard and become one of the few that have these sets. That's the point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

As long as rarity is preserved on the old ones, bring on the recolors.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

So I would like a solid black plate mail. Make it metallic looking with a black Electric aura. I don’t care which armor it is, it just want a set for my warrior!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

+1 Exactly. why is there a need for recolor? Make all new LB vanities. I mean honestly theres not really that many to choose from right now. So i suggest they keep making new lb vanities and keep it interesting.

Also not trying to throw shade or salt but most of you cried about the recolord vanities and pets (heroics) but now that it comes to the real Exspensive vanities being recolord your all for it. I think most of you are just after the gold...but hey who isnt?

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

22. The Following User Says Thank You to YeaSheGamez For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

I think if they release new concept LB sets continuously in iterative events.. Then im sure the price if lb items will be down.. Than even recolouring..
    If new lb sets are released.. They are creating avenues if new demand with new supply.. So thats great for a game with whako pricing on OG items mainly..

I also want to see top 25 being given prices and not top 10..
    Come on... Stabilise the market for us and make people happy..

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

You guys need to calm down now, devs have already acknowledged your opinions, no need to keep going back to them again and again...
    I will just reatrate the facts:
    • The LB vanities will not be re-released as it is. (End the discussion).

• They did not mention that anything will be release recolored, its just a speculation by players. (This is not going to bring down the value of original, so take a chill pill and relax).

• Most importantly, they repeatedly said that they are working on new items, read this post from main thread:
      Quote Originally Posted by JustG
      Clearly we are putting time and effort into this game. Your last couple of posts have completely ignored that we have been putting new and fresh things into the game with all of our recent events and that we are coming up with entirely new things for all these events.

The question was for WHAT ELSE we could put into token vendors, etc, that people would be excited for. No reason for us not to leverage the huge list of stuff that is already there (while protecting LB vanities uniqueness).
    People are getting mad and raising voices on random opinions. I don't think there is a need for that, one post saying that you disagree is enough.
    At-least appreciate that devs are asking your opinion, and are acknowledging it. What would you have done if they would have released your "precious" without even checking? You Quit? Would it matter then?

Kindly lock this thread, this is just going to continue the drama which caused the main thread to lock down.
    Last edited by PsychoNuke; 01-23-2018 at 02:21 AM.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to PsychoNuke For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

True true true

27.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #20
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YeaSheGamez View Post
    +1 Exactly. why is there a need for recolor? Make all new LB vanities. I mean honestly theres not really that many to choose from right now.
    The question was to gauge how desirable recolors would be for token vendors, store purchase, etc. Told you twice (at least) we are making new leaderboard vanities.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post: