Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2018-01-18 Content Update

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts

Default 2018-01-18 Content Update

+ New equipment slot and item type: Amulets!
    + Grab the Amulet Hunter's Elixir and search Alterra for a portal to the Hall of Amulets.
    + Defeat the Gemsetter and loot his Amulet crafting components, recipes and Amulet items!
    + Learn to craft Level 100 Amulets by befriending The Jeweler... a human on vacation somewhere in Alterra.
    + Talk to the Towne Crier to get started on this two-week special Event.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TzatOps For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Thanks again PL devs i will get right on this

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Cinco you are quite possibly the most attractive man in the universe!!!

Now that I have your attention along with hopefully increased dopamine levels, let me address something I noticed.

Love the update, but there is just a minor problem that could use some fixing. Look at the stat differences in the craftable L100 amulet vs the derex amulet while wearing the stat gun:

Name:  0E22B460-5535-4B8C-80AF-E57055964936.png
Views: 1095
Size:  423.7 KB

The L100 is only superior in health pool, mana pool, damage, and armor. Not only that, but the advantage it has in those stats are so small in relation to the total value of the stats (4% better in health, ~1% in mana pool & armor, 0.3% in damage). Now look at the advantages the derex amulet has: hit%, crit, dodge, health regen, mana regen. We can disregard hit% and mana regen because those are irreleveant; however, we can look at the other 3. Against the L100 amulet, the derex amulet results 12% more crit, 18% more dodge, and 17% more health regen. This difference is absolutely huge, and now stat guns are able to have over 100% crit without needing to invest in the focus skill at all (making them even more overpowered).

I know it’s not that big of a difference overall, and a 1v1 at L100 would still depend mostly on luck, but the fact that a level 90 amulet that you can easily loot is obviously superior to a level 100 amulet that requires 3 characters at varying levels to collect the required components to craft is quite absurd. 3 simple solutions would be:

1. buff the L100 amulet, give it the dodge and crit stats that the derex ring is giving

2. nerf the L90 derex amulet (including every single other elite amulet, yes even the proj.5 ones because they are still a bit too strong) I believe this would be the most reasonable and well received by the community

3. Add a set bonus when the L100 amulet is worn in conjunction with a L100 set as suggested in a separate thread, not sure what the set bonus would be, probably along the lines of the stats the L100 amulet lacks in comparison to the L90 one

I hope you look into this, and please don’t me the wrong way as I don’t mean any hate. I love the update and this is simply constructive criticism

Note: if I didn’t make it clear, this doesn’t apply to just the dex amulets, this would apply to strength and int amulets as well (though I did not compare the L100 strength and int amulets to the top L90 ones, I just assume the differences would be similar in favor of the L90 amulets)

Note #2: Yes, I realize I was wearing PSYKO in this picture, and in PvP you do not receive the bonuses PSYKO gives. I just checked, and without PSYKO bonuses the advantage of the L100 amulet is only 6% health, 0.5% damage, and 2.5% armor which I would still consider way worse than the L90 amulet.

Note #3: Not sure why I put so much thought into this, I don’t even PvP! Regardless, I have many friends that play this game purely for the PvP so this is for them.
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Xyzther For This Useful Post:

3pc

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

I like your first suggestion - buffing the new crafted Amulets - 'cause they're new and shiny and involve a bit more effort compared to the loot drops :-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I like your first suggestion - buffing the new crafted Amulets - 'cause they're new and shiny and involve a bit more effort compared to the loot drops :-)
    Thank you sir! Appreciate it!
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Is the event over? It still said live when i logged in and bought an elixir but 25 minutes in and no portals... another player said they didn't see one for a full 30 minutes

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

Indeed. The event was slated to run up to today. We will be updating the game in a moment, updating the news, etc.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Indeed. The event was slated to run up to today. We will be updating the game in a moment, updating the news, etc.
    Tranks Cinco <3

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

So i bought the elixir that shouldn't have been available for no reason? why didn't the ability to purchase the elixir go away with the portals?

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

13.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

In this case the dungeon, portal, monster and loot data were automated whilst the store data required a manual change.

PM me with your char name(s) and I'll restore the Plat u spent on any Amulet elixir(s) today :-)
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Is it because he called you attractive ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)