Thread: A Message To Every Single Guild Out There.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Exclamation A Message To Every Single Guild Out There.

what do you guys think if we can make our own guild banners?
    Last edited by Flamesofanger; 10-17-2020 at 04:01 AM. Reason: More clear info

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Flamesofanger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Thank you ^^ this is much appreciated.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

In my opinion its a bad idea to demote and promote again and again and again, its like your saying we shouldnt trust them 100 % and what happens if someone starts swearing or scamming or any drama who is gonna be there if no officers while master is offline? Once you make an officer thats it unless they did something wrong, and why ask guildie who you promoted if you can just look at guild log ? And why give leadership since you know you might get scammed of guild ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Captain critic View Post
    In my opinion its a bad idea to demote and promote again and again and again, its like your saying we shouldnt trust them 100 % and what happens if someone starts swearing or scamming or any drama who is gonna be there if no officers while master is offline? Once you make an officer thats it unless they did something wrong, and why ask guildie who you promoted if you can just look at guild log ? And why give leadership since you know you might get scammed of guild ?
    True that. You never know you can/cannot trust in game. My advice is never give over leadership, like Captain critic is saying, because you might never get it back. Officers, well, you have to make sure you completely trust them before you promote. Even if you feel like you trust them, there's always a chance you could get backstabbed.
    Though, I still appreciate the warning xD that never changed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

My take on this is that you never promote a person you can't trust.

My guild has been lucky (so to speak) that we have never gotten nuked by a rogue officer. But part of that luck comes from having trustworthy people in positions of authority. Granted not every new guild master can call upon that sort of people from day one of the guild, but that's how things go. You have to be a good enough judge of character to be able to discern those who would stand by your side and lead in your stead when you aren't around, from those who seek to gain your favor in order to abuse you or your guild.

I think that's what makes a good guild leader, having an eye for talent and good people. Your intentions are noble of course but your proposed solution only serves to tell your guild that you're paranoid that anyone in your guild leadership can potentially ruin your guild, and also does not give confidence to any of your officers that you trust them with the authority and power that they are supposed to wield. This is of course, my opinion.
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Safiras For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

My tought can be resumed by safi sentence "you cant promote someone you dont trust". You are master, that's your role, your ability to chose right people around you. There are masters which promotes everyone easily to make them happy/to keep them in guild ecc..I am not here to judge but for sure those methods will keep high the possibility to end guild in the way you said. Take your time to chose who really deserve promotion, this makes a guild different from all the others

-Will

Inviato dal mio SM-J510FN utilizzando Tapatalk

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WilliamTheFighter For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Why do u even promote somebody if u dont trust them? There are leaderboard guilds which have many officers and exist for years without any mass kick etc. Its nice to remind them to stay awake with promoting but your policy makes no sense in my opinion. An officer is an officer to kick rude members WHEN the master is NOT online. Personally, i wouldnt like to be an officer if even the master does not trust me. Do never promote somebody to Master if u dont like them to lead the guild or to decide for the guild. Everytime u pass the master you should know its not your guild at that moment anymore.
    Ty -qua

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Yep i can relate just too good to this.. u trust someone and this SOMEONE whos name we cant mention end up kicking up all ur members which u worked very VERY hard for .. changes the name goes into hiding mood and tells ppl they did quit and yes i know that someone is reading this right now and u should be ashamed of urself for destroying something which ppl worked very hard for over a year.

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mssweety For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

A master shouldnt be passing lead around. If one does that just shows how much they care about the safety of their guild.so the disband wont be a problem if they dont pass lead.

I completely understand your trying to raise awareness to prevent mass kicking, but demoting and re-promoting officers is not the way. I have been in my current guild (as officer) for a good 3+ years or more(ive been in and out of the guild a cpl times out i always return) . we have never had a mass kicking due to ignorant officers. The reason why is because we are very careful with who gets promoted to officer.

Now a reasonable thing to do would be for sts to give a LIMITED AMOUNT OF DAILY KICKS to officers. This would prevent mass kickings.

Just my opinion. Dont eat me alive.
    IGN: Deviantvvish

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

15. The Following User Says Thank You to YeaSheGamez For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    Why do u even promote somebody if u dont trust them? There are leaderboard guilds which have many officers and exist for years without any mass kick etc. Its nice to remind them to stay awake with promoting but your policy makes no sense in my opinion. An officer is an officer to kick rude members WHEN the master is NOT online. Personally, i wouldnt like to be an officer if even the master does not trust me. Do never promote somebody to Master if u dont like them to lead the guild or to decide for the guild. Everytime u pass the master you should know its not your guild at that moment anymore.
    Ty -qua
    During years I ve seen this happening also to lb guilds..why? For the reason I explained before, and for this masters cant blaim anyone apart their self in most of the cases. Hope this thread helps also other lb guilds

Inviato dal mio SM-J510FN utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YeaSheGamez View Post
    A master shouldnt be passing lead around. If one does that just shows how much they care about the safety of their guild.so the disband wont be a problem if they dont pass lead.

I completely understand your trying to raise awareness to prevent mass kicking, but demoting and re-promoting officers is not the way. I have been in my current guild (as officer) for a good 3+ years or more(ive been in and out of the guild a cpl times out i always return) . we have never had a mass kicking due to ignorant officers. The reason why is because we are very careful with who gets promoted to officer.

Now a reasonable thing to do would be for sts to give a LIMITED AMOUNT OF DAILY KICKS to officers. This would prevent mass kickings.

Just my opinion. Dont eat me alive.
    IGN: Deviantvvish

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    I like ur idea of having a max ammount of kicks per day as an officer/master.

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Default A Message To Every Single Guild Out There.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamesofanger View Post
    Hello to all of you beautiful people of Arlor. And Please. Hear me out.

Taking care of a guild is hard and risky and sometimes trusting people is just near to impossible nowadays after so many....

So many incidents of very well trusted people turning out to be big trolls earning the trust of others by gaining the Leader ship of the guild or being an officer and

then the trolls just end up either disbanding the guild or kicking an insane amount of members out.

And now here's the Big message i wanted to send out to all of you guilds, especially You. Guild Masters.

To all of you guild masters, whenever you go offline it's better to demote your members from Officer rank > back to recruiter rank and also ask the guildie of yours who you've promoted to master to give the leader ship back to you.

So you can prevent mass kicking and disbanding. And whenever you come online you promote them back to Master/Officer rank.

Just wanted to send this message out there after I've heard of so many incidents where guilds unfortunately fell victim to such attacks, and it's really sad that this happens.

Thank you for reading this message and i hope you have a great day. Take care.

UPDATE: I've read all of your replies, And thank you for your feedback. This was just a message i wanted to put outside there just incase, and i said "It's near to impossible to trust" i didn't actually try to say "Never trust anyone like ever." All i was saying was it's hard to trust nowadays and i've also seen alot of leaderboard guilds disappear due to alot of incidents such as: Mass kicking, Disbanding. and alot of other things, I'm not going to say the names of the guilds to avoid drama. This was just my opinion and i apologies if i've caused any misunderstanding. Thank you for reading and i hope you all lovely people have a good day.

UPDATE#2: I'm seeing alot of people saying "Why promote others to master" to me, i do not do that and never will.
    All I've just said was "I've seen quite alot of guilds that actually do that". Ask the guilds who promote like that if you'd like there answer. Not me. Cause i don't have the answer to it Cause as i've stated before. I do not and never will give the front seat of the ship as it's my duty and i have to keep what i've started alive. Thank you for reading and have a nice day.
    I'm sorry yet again if i've caused any confusion.
    Regarding mass-kicking, there already is a function that bans an officer for kicking too many members in a short period of time. I've seen that personally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Krystalteam View Post
    Regarding mass-kicking, there already is a function that bans an officer for kicking too many members in a short period of time. I've seen that personally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    oh nice didn't know thanks sir
    Last edited by Flamesofanger; 10-17-2020 at 04:03 AM.