Thread: A pally with a two-hander ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default A pally with a two-hander ?

Hi guys,

I recently started playing and currently have a lvl 24 enchantress...So far I've went 50% int and 50% str...I am playing with a two-hander as I am trying to create something like the Retribution Paladin in WoW if you guys have played....The burst can be amazing when you combine your blessings with a good 2 hander and FireStorm...my crits on my sword are around 300 and my crits on firestorm up to 400....

Base STR - 67 - Total STR 88
    Base INT - 56

I purchased the premium warrior set, just for the fun of it, as I really wanted to experiment how the build would be like with good gear...
    -
    My skills ain't that well places, I am actually thinking of changing them up a bit:
    2 Lightning
    5 Firestorm
    4 Heal
    1 Weakness
    3 Manashield
    2 Blessing of Vitality
    5 Blessing of Might

I am thinking of respecting to
    6 Firestorm
    4 Heal
    2 Weakness
    3 Manashield
    2 BoV
    5 BoM

.... I will be maxing out Weakness and Nightmare from here...pretty much you can see I am focusing on things that can benefit my 2-h spec....only problem is the cool-down n Firestorm aint small, which might be significant blow to my BURST capabilities. I figured that after maxing Weakness and Nightmare a max of Lightning my provide the missing links...

Any thoughts ? And ps I do realize I am sacrificing survivability without the shield, and it might be smarter to go full int, but just aint fun

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Actually I don't reccomend to go full int. It requires a lot of strategy to survive. It may be good one or two times, but in the end is more stressfull than enjoyable IMHO. Indeed choosing a 2h build for a pally is a quite strange one.
    In my opinion, using a 2h weapon, you need to rely on your team mates even more, since it is very likely you will get a lot of aggro from the bad guys.
    Max out all the buffs (Weakness, Nightmare, BOV, BOM, Lightning) and your heals, keep one point to revive in order to get its hidden buff. Don't waste any point into mana shield until you reach the sewers - that is because until then you don't get a steady m/s-giving equipment.
    For the rest of you abilities I leave it to your fantasy, also because for the time you reach Nuri's campaign you will have maxed out almost all your spells.
    As a further suggestion don't begin to put points into the snowball spell until you maxed out all your other spells (apart from revive)
    Enjoy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you, just one more thing what about a DEATH KNIGHT twist instead of a Retri Pala...instead of heal going for drain life ?

PS: and I am using mana shield cos I really got no choice I do get like all the bloody agro...dunno why i think i might be doing most dmg when i buff up....but without it i simply would be lost sometimes and i don't mind spending fortunes on mana pots ...thing is i can solo like all my lvl instances which is kinda funny off at the cost of a lot of mana pots

PSS: Also I am mostly into trying weird stuff....I've played mmorpg's for like 15 years now lol and the mobility of Pocket Legends just makes it casual and easy to experiment around.... Do you think I should put some points in dex ?

Are there any 2 hander builds btw for Mages ??
    Last edited by sobranie; 11-03-2011 at 04:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The absolute best build imo is just enough int to equip int gear and the rest into dex, you will have high damage and awesome surviveability...pally have horrible damage and full int dies way too easy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

is there any build with STR/DEX and low int ? so you can still pull of a 2 hander ? seems kinda pointless tho

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I'm sure there is but try the build I suggested, it really is an awesome all around build, good for pve, and pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Im curently leveling a pally also because I have a pure int which damge with spells is nice just you can get one shotted. Imo be,what type of enchantress, bear, etc you want to be. As long as your having fun. I also have the same questiom bout 2h pally

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I went 2h pally from lvl 30- 50. Its my favorite way to play mage.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

To equip a 2h, just put enough str to be able to equip the sword then the rest into dex, or int...I find that using lots of dex is very beneficial.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slade431 View Post
    Im curently leveling a pally also because I have a pure int which damge with spells is nice just you can get one shotted. Imo be,what type of enchantress, bear, etc you want to be. As long as your having fun. I also have the same questiom bout 2h pally
    Gotta tell you when you active your buffs the BURST is amazing...got people asking meif I am using elixirs....its is really amazing but, when BoM finishes o does the insane damage...just did 3x400 hits with my plat lvl 20 sword ... when you buff up its amazing ... i have like 70% crit too with my gear

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I was a paladin from the beginning. I don't like to not rely on others for the healings. I personally prefer to deal less damage and help my team.
    If i could have the Beacon spell on my pally I would be a super-huge killing machine.
    My play style prefer the support-style and tankish hybrids, therefore I always go for the shield + 1h weapon, but that is just my personal preference.
    As i told you, if you choose the 2h way you need to rely A LOT on your team, for the problem you already see: AGGRO. Since you can deal a huge amount of damage through your skills, it is very easy to get it away from bears and even archers at times.
    Always keep in mind the standard formula for hybrids -> Enough points into the stat of the gear you want to equip, the rest into your class main stat. In your case enought STR to equip the warrior gear and the rest into INT. The more INT you have the more "effective" your spells will be; this means your heals will get higher HP and your offensive spells will deal more DMG.
    Before entering a fight be sure to summon BOV and BOM that will increase your armour and damage.
    When you will reach the sewers and you will pour some points into mana shield, a timed use of it can grant you invincibility
    IMHO the paladin is the better hybrid out there, but in the end you have to follow the build that satisfy you the most.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@vaffunculo i rly wanna play a 2-hander but when i get bored i will try it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

I have seen mages that dont have int they just have a dual spec for str to dex and switch from dexchantress to pally and vice versa lol
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

What nazgul had told you is 100% correct but what I have noticed with a int/dex build is that compared to full int there is not a huge difference in spell effectiveness and at least to me the trade off of slightly less spell effectiveness for better dodge and hit% is more than worth it, but as someone else said you need to make the build that is best for you...I solo a lot so survivability and high damage is necessary. What it all comes down to in the end is use the bold that's most fun for you. Good luck with whatever you chose and most important...Have fun!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nazgulking View Post
    Actually I don't reccomend to go full int. It requires a lot of strategy to survive. It may be good one or two times, but in the end is more stressfull than enjoyable IMHO.
    Pure Int is the best for mages in PvE, high AoE damage and the ability to heal high amounts, which is practically what a mage is for, but as long as a pally heals and revs, i have no problem with it :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm pure INT at the moment and when I have enough points for Nuri gear I'll put rest into str, after I got some advice from a level 61

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Dont think bout pure int first, cuz it requires hard experience to rlly be good. Stick with ur current plly build. And also consider changing ur skills to a more suitable one for pallys like: 1shield,max buffs, 1lightning, max fs, 1 frost
    And pls get that "max debuff" thought out of ur mind, u shouldnt be thinking of debuffing at ur lvl, unless ur a debuff mage, which u arent.
    PL: Crestmage -- Crestwar -- Crestbear -- Crestphoenix -- Twinkworld -- Tearacecaz
    AL: Crestmage -- Crestwar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Okay.. I didn't read all of the posts, as they seemed to be saying the same thing, so forgive me for repeating, if I do.
    To be the best possible damage out-put, and survivability, you want min str for your gear, 11 int, rest to dex. Why 11 int? Because with 11 int you get 1 m/s. Get 94 str by level 30, though, and get the iceberg sword. That will be enough to take you all the way to 50 (imo) for weapons. I did this with my bird. As for a build, do 6 BOM(always 6), and at least 5 BOV. By level 35, BOV needs 6. At level 35 have a build similar to this (for PvE):

6 BOM
    6 BOV
    1 Res
    1 Ice Storm
    1 Frostbite
    4 Drain
    5 Fire
    6 Lightning
    3 heal
    1 Shield

This would also be decent in PvP, if you chose to try that aswell. After 35, just max fire, drain, then heal, then the ices. After that, you can get up those debuffs. I only recommend the debuff that does -dodge and -armor. And remember, it doesn't matter when you put points into those skills, as long as it gets there.

Stats at 35 should be
    94 str
    11 int
    75 dex

94 str is the most important. For the iceberg 2h sword. I would recommend using one of the swamp plates here, too, as they give a nice hit %. (Copperhead is best).

The item set up I would use is:

Iceberg 2h
    (Any pink sniper helm)
    Copperhead's Croc Scale Plate

That set up is fairly cheap (50-70k at max?) and will hold you to level 45. By this level, you'll most likely want to start looking at the tank set ups, as armor starts becoming important.

Hope this helps you, PM me if you have any questions you want to ask me. Also, if you ever get into PvP, I can help a lot there, and teach you a few tricks. (:
    Last edited by Zapoke; 11-03-2011 at 08:33 PM.