Thread: mmorpg’s?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burningdex View Post
    as far as p2p steam goes ive been looking at final fantasy online and black desert online

@ sue, if that’s a serious remark im totally down to get it
    Well, there's an important distinction you should note between these. Namely, that Black Desert is Buy to Play, not Pay to Play. If you don't know the difference, it's basically just that Buy to Play doesn't have a monthly subscription, and Pay to Play does. Another thing I want to mention is that these two games couldn't be more different, so I'm I would suppose you either hadn't looked to hard yet or aren't sure what you want?

I've played both for over 4000 hours, but I haven't played Final Fantasy in a while. It's pretty expensive to keep up with since you need to pay $15 a month, and also buy the expansions for $60 every time one comes out in order to play with the majority of players, since no one will keep doing out dated content. It's also a theme park MMO, like WoW, where the entire focus is on end game raiding and dungeons, and this game specifically has pretty lack luster PvP (there's a global cool down of about 2.5s for skills). Doesn't mean it's all bad, the game has good main story quests and enjoyable to play, but you just have to realize that you need to sink a lot of money into it in order to get the most you can get out of it.
    Black Desert, on the other hand, has no dungeons you can really clear and zero raids. The one dungeon in the game has enemies so difficult that even the strongest players on NA servers have trouble killing the enemies. And instead of raids, they have world bosses which you fight with about 100 players in order to kill. While in Final Fantasy, you want to rush to get high level so you can get better gear and do content, Black Desert is different because you can have the best gear in the game at level 1, so rushing to level up has no meaning, especially because there is no level cap. The main focus of Black Desert when you're high level is making money and PvP. One issue for some people on this game is that there is a cash shop, and there are things in this cash shop you will most certainly want eventually, but you can technically buy these items from players on the market if you're persistent enough.

Ended up rambling, but wanted to put it out there. Hopefully it's somewhat helpful?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zapoke For This Useful Post: