Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concerning Tradeable Lb Equips. ;)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default Concerning Tradeable Lb Equips. ;)

I would like LB stuff to be tradable.
    Last edited by Justg; 01-26-2018 at 05:12 PM. Reason: so much less drama

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Yeah making lb banners tradeable would be litttt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by frynoodlez View Post
    Yeah making lb banners tradeable would be litttt
    BIG NO to this.

As an LB runner, the offers for red balloon was a joke.. or better wording would be insulting.
    People dont understand the amount of time and effort LB runners put to banners and no matter how much gold you offer me, it is priceless.

E.g. I spent at least 150 hours running LB to get Elondrian Banner 2017, Red banner and Winter 2017 banner. Let's not forget I spent 30-50m on each of these events so keep your gold and if you dont have time then dont run.

P.S. Run in vacations e.g. winter and elondrian events. No excuses there.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Azerothraven For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

I think I saw someone cry here, and then try to make fun of people who weren’t crying, idk got so confused I thought I won a lb banner for posting a post about posting about a post on the post about posts that cry about posts of lb stuff

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

@handsum bruh I feel you like I spent so much time to get my lb banners, but lowkey I need some gold rn you feel, so I'd sell em np. I understand not selling the ones with seasons on them (since that'd be like saying someone else got that timed run time even if they didn't), but like Speed demon banner or something doesnt have any season and it's more about the aesthetic, so I think that should be tradeable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azerothraven View Post
    BIG NO to this.

As an LB runner, the offers for red balloon was a joke.. or better wording would be insulting.
    People dont understand the amount of time and effort LB runners put to banners and no matter how much gold you offer me, it is priceless.

E.g. I spent at least 150 hours running LB to get Elondrian Banner 2017, Red banner and Winter 2017 banner. Let's not forget I spent 30-50m on each of these events so keep your gold and if you dont have time then dont run.

Very single minded. You dont want to sell... dont sell it. If i ran leadearboard and got balloons and i wanted to sell and thought price was fair for me. I should have the option to sell just as you have the option not to sell

YOU "if you dont have time then dont run"
    ME "if you dont like the tradable rewards then dont run"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Paw For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paw View Post
    Very single minded. You dont want to sell... dont sell it. If i ran leadearboard and got balloons and i wanted to sell and thought price was fair for me. I should have the option to sell just as you have the option not to sell

I wont and just buy the reward after, if i can afford to run 50h per event and spend 40m guess what? I can buy the tradeable vanity/banner.

My concern is the effort does not reflect offers/market price. This is the reason why they should remain UNTRADEABLE as it provides motivation,uniqueness and competition that LB runners will actually want (collectively).

If i ran leadearboard and got balloons and i wanted to sell and thought price was fair for me. I should have the option to sell just as you have the option not to sell
    For someone who invested even 25-40m and hours, ( If ) is not something that should be taken lightly. Imagine you spend that much time and effort and people dont offer more than 8m. This is why LB rewards should be discussed collectively rather than [ for me]. You are not the only one running LB. There is a reason why they are untradeable to begin with. In previous event, there was a massive amount of complaints regarding Balloon being tradeable which is why it is now untradeable. Refrence: https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...Balloon-Banner
    Last edited by Azerothraven; 01-24-2018 at 06:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I wont lol and just buy the reward after, if i can afford to run 50h per event and spend 40m guess what? I can buy the tradeable vanity/banner.
    My concern is the effort does not reflect offers/market price. This is the reason why they should remain UNTRADEABLE.
    If you did buy it from auction it will be from someone who happily ran the event and feels the price you are offering to be a fair reflection of the effort they put in. Otherwise they wouldnt sell.

Hold on to that banner for a year or two and maybe the market price will reflect 10 times the effort you put into it. Think if everyone who got Ice Spirit or Golem had the same concerns as you did regarding the vanitys. They would be 100s of millions worse off right now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

If you did buy it from auction it will be from someone who happily ran the event and feels the price you are offering to be a fair reflection of the effort they put in. Otherwise they wouldnt sell.
    Or he is selling cuz he realises the bs and wants to quit Al so cutting all losses and moving now. You dont know people's motivation for something.

A lot of players sell things in rush out of desperation and loss. Events usually suck up all gold and a majority LB runners sell the items to make gold back.

Hold on to that banner for a year or two and maybe the market price will reflect 10 times the effort you put into it. Think if everyone who got Ice Spirit or Golem had the same concerns as you did regarding the vanitys. They would be 100s of millions worse off right now
    Non-sense. This can't be applied to everything. You cant expect people to work their *** off and hope to be rewarded 1 year later. I belive that kind of BS and uncertainty will lead to quitting.

E.g. The Last Goblin Event LB rewards has not raised price by even 1 gold and not to mention anyone is hardly being them.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

It is simply INCORRECT to talk about items etc. reflecting marketprices in AL. For one, time cannot be treated the same as it can in a normal economy —*time in a game is always superfluously used —*for instance, leveling from 1 to 66 probably takes as much time as running lb or more. So what? My point is that it just doesn't make sense to keep talking about intrinsic worth of items not being reflected accurately since time cannot be used as a metric in any sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Sounds like a case of sour grapes because he chose to run an event knowing the rewards WERE tradable and lost some gold. Wheres my violin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twomucho View Post
    I think I saw someone cry here, and then try to make fun of people who weren’t crying, idk got so confused I thought I won a lb banner for posting a post about posting about a post on the post about posts that cry about posts of lb stuff
    Lol

Sent from my Alcatel 6055U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Yesss.

Sent from my Alcatel 6055U using Tapatalk

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

I am just gonna say one thing: "Gold should not be the answer for everything". Having a place on LB is an achievement, and banners are representation of titles. You want one, then you have to work for it. You cant work for it, then sorry you cant have it.
    Ideally the LB rewards should be untradable as well, but I think it kind of helps the LB runner to compensate for the time/effort/gold they invested in getting the achievement. So I am neutral to that discussion.

PS: Such threads only bring drama and insults, because it raises openions from two different sides of community. I will appreciate if people give their opinion without quoting others, and keep it civil. Thank you.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

I think that the bottom line of this discussion is that as long as STS is clear on whether the rewards will be tradeable or not, everyone should be fime with it. That way, players would know what they are investing their time and money into before they begin running.

If STS is clear on the rewards, either way, tradeable or non-tradeable, I don't see any issues at all.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ydra For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

BIG NO to this.

When you got a full time job and family you gotta take care of you don't have "vacations" with "no excuses there". That's such a middleage statement.
    Beside that NOBODY forces you to run leaderboard events thus prizes should be tradable for those who want to sell it on their own good.
    You don't want to sell it? Sure. Maybe 50 other people would like to, what if they got accounts on other mail and they wish to trade it between them?
    Reaching to the point that let people decide what they want to do with their own Leaderboard prize .
    Last edited by |Ares|; 01-26-2018 at 02:10 PM.

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to |Ares| For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

BIG NO to this.

I'm sure if you ask STS nicely they will make your special banner untradeable just for you Then it would be unique! /s

Also, to say that you should just run in the holidays because then you have time isn't very valid - not everyone wants to sit glued to their device for 5-10 hours a day (Which isn't very healthy) running the same map over and over again. I'm pretty sure STS wants their players to have fun and to be healthy, and not possibly hurting themselves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

I get that banners should be untradable since those have always been special. For the vanity themselves, I think they should be tradable. This way banners can be kept for memory sake and the wearable vanities can be used to recoup some gold. I was a little shocked that balloons were tradable too. First energy lb banner that was tradable.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Sounds like a case of sour grapes because he chose to run an event knowing the rewards WERE tradable and lost some gold. Wheres my violin
    BLASPHEMY!!! It is "priceless" to him so he will not sell it, therefore will not lose any gold, you don't know what you're talking about.

On a serious note, there are some simple minded people out there. If you ran for LB, and the rewards means sooo much to you, DON'T SELL IT. If you run lb to sell the rewards for profit, sell it. If you don't have the time to run and want the lb rewards, buy plats and buy what you want. Simple!!! So by making lb rewards untradeable, STS will effectively take two potential REVENUE sources out of the equation, as a company, I don't think they would do such thing.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

+1 to tradeable vanity

Sent from my CPH1707 using Tapatalk