Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: So, what changed on the server? @Devs #2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Default So, what changed on the server? @Devs #2

You guys just said that if something changed drastically you will look into it. Then you closed previous thread.

We just said to you that something happened there and you just told no plan how to solve that problem.

Look into arena times. During Darrens mentioned period they were running 2s faster. That times r unbeatable now.

What you will do with that?

That is question what we are asking. Not need explanation thats due amazon web services. Nobody cares.

You closed previous thread like you solved everything. But you didnt.
    Last edited by Jakubson; 01-27-2018 at 05:53 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jakubson For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

@devs: looking at the latest reply then i believe the best solution will be to remove/reset the record made between 1/11 - 1/17, and not only arena/hauntlet/southernseas,

because i think the main cause was faster spawning mechanism which however small it is, it effected every maps. i'm pretty sure even though we can't see the date of record on crypt/elite map on our leaderboard, dev can see the actual date in their database.

thanks
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Take a hint!

By the previous thread, they meant that they don’t feel the changes that was felt was sufficient to take an action. They were not successful into figuring out what happened as there are many factors that affect ping stability/ spawn rate such as Amazon web services.

Sts now expects you guys to stop crying about your position in LB and try harder in other maps.

P.s. hate me if you want by this post but it’s what I understand from their response

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

it is also no coincidence that the phenomena happened at the same time they have updated the client (did you all remember we needed to re-download all the patches again?), I can understand it's very hard to pinpoint the exact cause of the problem/phenomena, but then again, it shouldn't be an excuse for not doing a workaround for the problem. or to ignore completely.

also although some are different in opinion about the solution/reset/rollback, but it is a fact that there are at least 3 (or maybe 4? idk) different lb teams who admitted there were changes in maps -> the problem.

I don't know how many of you have ever work in customer relation, but telling or implicitly telling your customer/client to 'pls stop crying' is never a good idea.
    Last edited by extrapayah; 01-27-2018 at 08:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

@Azerothraven

Looks fair to you that times over there r unbeatable?

This guys alr have their unbeatable times and they r fighting for reset those lb times. So i do not understand ur point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

I was knocked off lb bc of it but not sure resetting is gonna fix seeing that I won’t be trying to run them anymore. Timed lb runs aren’t fair and never will be and if you think that the people who run these times runs are honest and would aggreee with you you can think again. Bunch of selfish people who feel they need to own all times records bc their shoe size is bigger than thier iq. I appreciate the honesty of the ones who want them reset but it won’t fix the fact that no lb in arcane legends is legit, always will be macros , bots , and cheats that will be used to take advantage. The drama of arcane legend lb are always a laughing matter to me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twomucho View Post
    I was knocked off lb bc of it but not sure resetting is gonna fix seeing that I won’t be trying to run them anymore. Timed lb runs aren’t fair and never will be and if you think that the people who run these times runs are honest and would aggreee with you you can think again. Bunch of selfish people who feel they need to own all times records bc their shoe size is bigger than thier iq. I appreciate the honesty of the ones who want them reset but it won’t fix the fact that no lb in arcane legends is legit, always will be macros , bots , and cheats that will be used to take advantage. The drama of arcane legend lb are always a laughing matter to me
    You were knocked off from which rec if may I know?
    No honey, TIMED run is when you use your gears. ARENA is for using macro on doors to spawn boss faster. 2 different things
    Bunch of selfish people or just people who like to run and set a records as best as possible? People think it's so easy to run these maps but apparently it takes time and massive amount of gold to first prepare yourself and be able to see a "You've set a new realm record".
    Don't put everyone in 1 bag, not fair at all.

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

The fact is Mr. Justg himself admitted they have no clue what happened. Obviously we should ask Bezos from now on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by |Ares| View Post
    You were knocked off from which rec if may I know?
    No honey, TIMED run is when you use your gears. ARENA is for using macro on doors to spawn boss faster. 2 different things
    Bunch of selfish people or just people who like to run and set a records as best as possible? People think it's so easy to run these maps but apparently it takes time and massive amount of gold to first prepare yourself and be able to see a "You've set a new realm record".
    Don't put everyone in 1 bag, not fair at all.
    Interesting points.. Tho why you mention about arena, none had. I believe you missing the mark same as devs.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I don't understand why the last thread was closed? That just makes players angry! We understand if you can't figure out what happened (maybe it had to do with YOUR update?), but look at the spawnrates of mages in hauntlet, mobs in southern seas, and arena swirling thing please. They CHANGED after you guys rolled out the update on jan 11—*please look into this. Even if you can't figure it out, what about the possible options of resetting the times we mentioned? It's not a coincidence those times are now impossible to get —*just reset them.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by extrapayah View Post
    @devs: looking at the latest reply then i believe the best solution will be to remove/reset the record made between 1/11 - 1/17, and not only arena/hauntlet/southernseas,

because i think the main cause was faster spawning mechanism which however small it is, it effected every maps. i'm pretty sure even though we can't see the date of record on crypt/elite map on our leaderboard, dev can see the actual date in their database.

thanks
    No bro it didn't affect every map, only those that have delayed mob spawns already. Southern seas has delayed mob spawning obviously, hauntlet the mob spawns are also delayed cuz of mages, arena is delayed because of the door. ALl other maps don't have this type of delay.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frynoodlez For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by frynoodlez View Post
    No bro it didn't affect every map, only those that have delayed mob spawns already. Southern seas has delayed mob spawning obviously, hauntlet the mob spawns are also delayed cuz of mages, arena is delayed because of the door. ALl other maps don't have this type of delay.
    then what about lost mage's mine spider?, what about skeletons type enemies/bosses that spawn from the grounds in crypts/tombs? crabs from kraken? shuyal's inan hesh out from his seat? nordr bosses' animation time? they are spawning with delay too, however small it is. whatever record it is, the one that has been created from that period and stayed until today are simply odd, many ran the maps, many tried to improve the time.

but then again as for me, a mostly jewel farmer, who remap big maps like shuyal and tindirin, and run only first few seconds of the map, I think at this period of no spawning delay, i feel that i'm getting a huge lag at the start of the map. most probably because all of the mobs got automatically spawned without delay even before timer started, causing the lags. so it does affected all maps.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I'm talking about MOB spawns, not boss spawns, and the skeleton enemies aren't the same delay bro —*think about the code. The objects used for mobs in southern seas are directly linked to other mob objects, and once the previous mob objects die, the others spawn. With mage in hauntlet same linking. Crypt mob spawn is very different —*it's just triggered by player coming in a certain radius. The Arena has to do with the simple delaying of the swirling. crypts etc didn't change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

not boss spawns
    You should have probably checked some bosses, spider ones that descend from above for example.

p.s. Anyway it's pointless to argue any longer. STS apparently have no intention to do anything about this.
    Last edited by Tatman; 01-27-2018 at 07:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

I'm talking about MOB spawns, not boss spawns, and the skeleton enemies aren't the same delay bro —*think about the code. The objects used for mobs in southern seas are directly linked to other mob objects, and once the previous mob objects die, the others spawn. With mage in hauntlet same linking. Crypt mob spawn is very different —*it's just triggered by player coming in a certain radius. The Arena has to do with the simple delaying of the swirling. crypts etc didn't change.
    so we're on the same page then, maps that has linking spawn totally affected by a lot, then maps which have bosses, since bosses spawn is linked with mobs deaths, affected by a bit -> all maps have bosses, all maps affected. and imo there are few maps which rely heavily on a single boss' spawn time.

i'm still wondering though why all the reluctance of resetting the records between 1/11-1/17 is coming, it's still fresh, season is still long, and if you're really deserved the records, still have a lot of time to retake it.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Yes we all agree STS needs to do something about this instead of locking threads. However I still think it isn't all the maps done thru 1/11-17! I tested MANY MANY maps during that time in my free time and there was NO NOTICEABLE difference for the spider bosses etc. —*only the ones where the mob spawns are linked and delay, thus affecting the boss spawn (hauntlet/southern seas), and arena is another outlier that was affected. Lost mage's mine etc. WERE NOT AFFECTED since mobs aren't linked and therefore boss spawn is the same (kill certain # mobs, boss spawns, thats it, not mob to mob based spawn).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

This is getting ridiculous.

I say just reset it and let them fight for their spots.

I mean if the top players at the moment are as good as they think they should be able to reclaim their spot "no problem" right?

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YeaSheGamez View Post
    This is getting ridiculous.

I say just reset it and let them fight for their spots.

I mean if the top players at the moment are as good as they think they should be able to reclaim their spot "no problem" right?

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    The problem is people spent 50+ hours getting those records for a year. They should not have to do it again. How is that fair?

You guys just need to move on seriously. Sts isn’t gonna do anything, if they wanted to they would have already.

Just say’ “ geez I missed out on an opportunity on 11-16 but if it comes again. I hope I can run again”.

STS don’t often change their mind so stop expecting things when they said no already
    Last edited by Azerothraven; 01-27-2018 at 11:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

They don’t know. If they knew, they’d say. I think more efficient and stable servers are a win win for everyone. I don’t think there’s any controversy or diabolical plot for that...
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

This is so funny, clearly you guys don't understand how hosted cloud services works.
    They are not bluffing when they say that they don't have visibility to evaluate the scenario. Even creating a case with AWS will not help on this issue. There are endless factors involved, but I will keep it a short read.

In a nutshell Sts is not going to reset the current time on the bases of a hypothesis, because unfortunately there is no way to investigate/prove it.

Kindly understand the situation, and move on, it was not the last leaderboard.
    Last edited by PsychoNuke; 01-28-2018 at 03:50 AM.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to PsychoNuke For This Useful Post: