Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Pocket Legends New System Preview | Item Awakenings

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

What I’m gathering from all the feedback is people like the idea of item enchantment, as it provides further customization for specific builds/play styles. What people do not like is the methodology of item enchantment; there is too much random luck involved in getting the desired enchantments, and this unpredictablility pushes people away from spending a lot of gold/plat on enchanting items since theoretically all their currency could go to waste if they never achieved their desired enchantments.

I think Plpr’s suggestion of rolling individual slots is a good idea. This could be balanced by making the price of rolling just one slot significantly higher (50k gold or 50 plat). This way, people could do many rerolls of all 3 slots for 5k gold/ 5 plat, and If they got two really nice enchantments and one bad enchantment, they could simply just spend 50k gold or 50 plat on rerolling the individual bad enchantment until they get a desired enchantment, preserving the other two enchantments that were good.
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Xyzther For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think that instead of putting this you guys should add like AL... that the pet could attack too.. lel. Or maybe add the enhancements for the character and the pet.. IDK, you guys are the dev lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    Exactly this is the reason I came to this thread to post that, rather than re-enchanting means re-roll of all three slots, there should be an option to re-roll each single slot. This is asking for toooooooo much for just an single item? If I'm not wrong there's 1/216 chance of getting best possible stat for dice for an example but enchantments have way much more stats, it's like ROLLING 3 DICES together and expect all 3 six in all dices, that's LITERALLY too much, unless the algorith is something different.

SECONDLY, when you keep re-rolling, the system should be like this, you keep re-rolling, system keep removing lowest possible value from next reroll, this way we'll keep approaching to certain best value if not achieved by luck earlier. That's how folks not gonna complain that I did so many re-rolls but still didn't get the desire stat. Oh but the plat cost shoudn't be 5 per each slot, there should be break down.

I'm definitely not liking the system but atleast this way it will get much much better.
    I completely agree.

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

I like the idea of rerolling individual slots, or locking slots that you desire.

The chance of receiving your ultimate enhancements is far too little, being happy with one slot but the others are poor. And the risk of using more plat for a reroll is unpredictable.

I feel terrible for the friends who used up hundreds close to a thousand plat to enhance to open up their slots. They should be compensated.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

With dodge and auto attack damage l100 pvp was already an unbalanced luck draw. Now with this new system all pvp 50+ will have luck rather than skill or knowledge of the game playing a bigger and bigger role in the outcome of matches.

Also the preview implyed plat would give a better chance for good enhancements, yet I've gotten my best enchantments so far with gold, because gold is limitless and plat is limited to the amount I'm willing to buy or do platinum offers for. Meaning i can just grab 500k from my stash and reroll 100 times if i need to for stats that fit my character/play style. Yet to do the same with platinum would cost me 50$, and there is no guarantee I'm going to get the stats i want.

I'm so excited to see sts putting more time and effort into pl, it just seems the time could be spent fixing what was already there. With the extremely high hp and damage capture the flag isn't even playable. Mages need to be able to heal themselves and their team to full hp with no more than 3-4 heals max, and just as importantly bears need to be able to tank, when your tank class dies in 3 hits it's no longer a tank class, in a 3v3 that means your tank goes in, and just dies.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jilsponie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post
    I like the idea of rerolling individual slots, or locking slots that you desire.

The chance of receiving your ultimate enhancements is far too little, being happy with one slot but the others are poor. And the risk of using more plat for a reroll is unpredictable.

I feel terrible for the friends who used up hundreds close to a thousand plat to enhance to open up their slots. They should be compensated.
    I have 230 plat an 500k down the drain and i only like 2 slots on my talon first one is bad and my wing and amulet is bad but i hate having to spend more because i lose it all.

ELITE

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3pc View Post
    I have 230 plat an 500k down the drain and i only like 2 slots on my talon first one is bad and my wing and amulet is bad but i hate having to spend more because i lose it all.
    Indeed, I've spent millions of gold and hundreds of plat, i only have a couple items I'm happy with.

It seems like if alot of these enhancements were removed we would be able to get better roles.

An example of this is when i was trying to enhance my 71 beastly set for my bear, i repeatedly got int in my rolls. Perhaps remove int enhancements from str gear, remove str from int gear, and remove crit from dodge gear. You could probably remove crit enhancements to all l100 items since everyone has 100 crit already.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jilsponie View Post
    With dodge and auto attack damage l100 pvp was already an unbalanced luck draw. Now with this new system all pvp 50+ will have luck rather than skill or knowledge of the game playing a bigger and bigger role in the outcome of matches.

Also the preview implyed plat would give a better chance for good enhancements, yet I've gotten my best enchantments so far with gold, because gold is limitless and plat is limited to the amount I'm willing to buy or do platinum offers for. Meaning i can just grab 500k from my stash and reroll 100 times if i need to for stats that fit my character/play style. Yet to do the same with platinum would cost me 50$, and there is no guarantee I'm going to get the stats i want.

I'm so excited to see sts putting more time and effort into pl, it just seems the time could be spent fixing what was already there. With the extremely high hp and damage capture the flag isn't even playable. Mages need to be able to heal themselves and their team to full hp with no more than 3-4 heals max, and just as importantly bears need to be able to tank, when your tank class dies in 3 hits it's no longer a tank class, in a 3v3 that means your tank goes in, and just dies.

Man, CTF was the heart and soul of this game for me. Haven't played a CTF game in a loooong time...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Man, CTF was the heart and soul of this game for me. Haven't played a CTF game in a loooong time...
    It was just starting to grow on me when healing a group enough to survive getting a flag became unattainable lol