Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Games dying out, why not give it one last shot.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Default Games dying out, why not give it one last shot.

Players, devs, pocket legends is dying. I have an idea. This isn’t just something small though, but I feel as if it’s the best way to revive this game. It’ll either fail or prosper tremendously. I say that the devs reset the game to 2010. Now hold up, hold up. I know you have worked years on this game to get what you have now, and I’m not saying that they need to trash it all. I’m saying they should refund about 30% of all plat bought on accounts after the reset considering how much money we put into this game. Also they should let us keep our gold... well not all of it. If the economy reset as well as the game, there would be very few items to start out and they would be so expensive the new players coming back to pl couldn’t even think about getting them causing a bad first experience. I say that they cut everyone’s gold down 80% to keep the market from being how it is now. Now I know ur all thinking “Isn’t 80% a lot?” No, it’s probably not enough. Think about the players that have over 100m pure gold, I’ve seen atleast 25 in the past few months. Also I suggest giving all of the founders back to the original owners, because I remember back in the day when having founders was an achievement, and was rare. I know, I know. This is a long shot, but trust me. I speak on behalf of probably almost the entire pl community when I say that this idea sounds better than the pure stats laser guns killing in half a second at the biggest pvp level in the game. Whats the worst that could happen? The game dies? Didn’t you already try to shut it down once? Just think about it.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Cinco, atleast point flaws or give feedback. I have seen this idea talked about multiple times.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

If you really wanted to revive pl, you would have to unban every account, and give players like me a second chance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snacking View Post
    Players, devs, pocket legends is dying. I have an idea. This isn’t just something small though, but I feel as if it’s the best way to revive this game. It’ll either fail or prosper tremendously. I say that the devs reset the game to 2010. Now hold up, hold up. I know you have worked years on this game to get what you have now, and I’m not saying that they need to trash it all. I’m saying they should refund about 30% of all plat bought on accounts after the reset considering how much money we put into this game. Also they should let us keep our gold... well not all of it. If the economy reset as well as the game, there would be very few items to start out and they would be so expensive the new players coming back to pl couldn’t even think about getting them causing a bad first experience. I say that they cut everyone’s gold down 80% to keep the market from being how it is now. Now I know ur all thinking “Isn’t 80% a lot?” No, it’s probably not enough. Think about the players that have over 100m pure gold, I’ve seen atleast 25 in the past few months. Also I suggest giving all of the founders back to the original owners, because I remember back in the day when having founders was an achievement, and was rare. I know, I know. This is a long shot, but trust me. I speak on behalf of probably almost the entire pl community when I say that this idea sounds better than the pure stats laser guns killing in half a second at the biggest pvp level in the game. Whats the worst that could happen? The game dies? Didn’t you already try to shut it down once? Just think about it.
    This would do more damage then good. Taking away certain things that people have earned just to "fix the economy" or just to "bring the game back to life" i personally wouldnt want to play if they dis something like this. This would be pointless, especially in an MMORP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Cinco, atleast point flaws or give feedback. I have seen this idea talked about multiple times.
    i think something along those lines would be very good for the game. One issue i see with this is

what happens to the items?
    Are you suggesting all of them going to be deleted? Say i just bought black drag set and drained all my gold, why should i be penalized?

what happens to all the L100s that worked so hard for their levels. Also, why would the plat refund only 30%? People who spend money on the game should be given the full benefit of their purchases back if this was to happen or atleast more than 30%.

What heppens to all the content released after 2010? Cinco cant pump it out solo. Will there be re-releases? Do you want cinco to trash all of it?

Would the level cap shift down? What about all the levels of PVP that people enjoy that were not released? Do they go down the drain?

Do you think this would draw new players? If so why?

Lmk what you think, i do agree that the idea sounds fantastic but i do think these issues should be addressed

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I understand your perspective, but I still disagree. Would rather have Cinco make tweaks here and there (being that he's the only dev who puts effort into this game) rather than take a super-massive leap of faith.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

I mean the games dying so why not reset it, they already tried to shut it down once, and I’m suggesting to give the people who worked for all their items a major benefit. Think abt it, if you have 1m and it’s cut down 80% that’s 200k. Back in pocket legends heyday 200k was rich, now 50m is rich. There is so much gold that new players can’t even begin to start building their way up. Also the items do not just disappear, they should be converted into a currency which is fair depending on the values of the items. Of course cinco or a dev should be the one seeing which currency or form would be best. Us players can’t decide everything, and apparently only 30% of plat refunded isn’t enough, when there is players like Jen who have 30k+ total plat purchased. Keep in mind the plat markets prices will go back down to the original prices before they spiked to be more than double in the previous updates. On my account I have 2 original names, (sinister/decoy) and over 50m in gold and even more in items while being one of the most respected lvl30 twinks in the game right now. I know there’s a lot of players with more, but this is a very decent amount. I’m asking for the reset to benefit pl, and make the game more enjoyable because at the moment pocket legends is more of an empire building game based off wealth and respect, than it is an enjoyable past time. Correct me if I’m wrong.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Snacking For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I mean the games dying so why not reset it, they already tried to shut it down once, and I’m suggesting to give the people who worked for all their items a major benefit. Think abt it, if you have 1m and it’s cut down 80% that’s 200k. Back in pocket legends heyday 200k was rich, now 50m is rich. There is so much gold that new players can’t even begin to start building their way up. Also the items do not just disappear, they should be converted into a currency which is fair depending on the values of the items. Of course cinco or a dev should be the one seeing which currency or form would be best. Us players can’t decide everything, and apparently only 30% of plat refunded isn’t enough, when there is players like Jen who have 30k+ total plat purchased. Keep in mind the plat markets prices will go back down to the original prices before they spiked to be more than double in the previous updates. On my account I have 2 original names, (sinister/decoy) and over 50m in gold and even more in items while being one of the most respected lvl30 twinks in the game right now. I know there’s a lot of players with more, but this is a very decent amount. I’m asking for the reset to benefit pl, and make the game more enjoyable because at the moment pocket legends is more of an empire building game based off wealth and respect, than it is an enjoyable past time. Correct me if I’m wrong.
    What makes a particular MMO a staple game for any player is the exact thing you suggest taking away from them: everything they have accumulated, farmed, merched, or worked towards. Hell, the only reason the community is still alive today is because of the aforementioned reason, in addition to enjoying that sense of accomplishment besides their friends (PL is a very social game). Players love sitting in town and brandishing all their pretty equipment. Take that away, and you could put the small community we have at jeopardy.

And the thing is, what if this just doesn't work? Imagine guys like Gary and Cinco. If I were in their position and just threw away years of content in the hopes of revitalizing the community, yielding nothing but utter failure, I'd be like "Damn, not only is the community dead, but everything that has been implemented in the game is just gone." It would be as though the game never even existed. I feel as though I'd hate to see that vanish if I were a developer who poured their heart and soul into a game like the family at STS.

The only way this would work was if the entire STS staff devoted the bulk of their time to PL. And even then, I'd still suggest they just work with what we got and go from there.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Flaws? Here’s one: PL has been growing steadily since Xmas of 2016.

There.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coolaid90 View Post
    If you really wanted to revive pl, you would have to unban every account, and give players like me a second chance
    No. This would be horrible.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

14.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Thanks for taking the time to type all this ;-)
    | | | |

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post: