Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Pocket Legends Old School

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Question Pocket Legends Old School

So Basically what I'm proposing is we could Establish Separate servers that revert back to the 2010 Version of Pocket legends. This would give everyone a chance to start a new without wiping the whole game. This could also give members a new outlook on playing the game. I say the banned stay banned and that the rich can stay rich on Pocket legends now but not on these new Old-school servers it also feeds the idea of those who miss the old days to revert. It's just my idea conjured up from those in the past.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I think too
    the golden times of pl..
    but i think the half of the players wanna go and the olthers no.
    sincerelly i prefer the things as they are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drakethetank View Post
    So Basically what I'm proposing is we could Establish Separate servers that revert back to the 2010 Version of Pocket legends. This would give everyone a chance to start a new without wiping the whole game. This could also give members a new outlook on playing the game. I say the banned stay banned and that the rich can stay rich on Pocket legends now but not on these new Old-school servers it also feeds the idea of those who miss the old days to revert. It's just my idea conjured up from those in the past.
    I will like the idea, but im 100% Sure that it won't happen.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Agreed. I'd give up everything I own to go back to old school PL but it won't happen.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

This is not going to happen for several reasons, namely the fact that there just aren't enough people for this separate server to even exist. Plus your 2010 glory days wouldn't get any updates whatsoever. Secondly, servers cost money. This is the very reason that STS is shutting down its less popular games. To funnel resources into a server like this when current-day PL isn't doing that bad is probably the worst financial decision STS could ever make. Plus, "nostalgia is the enemy of progress".

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Haven't PvPed for the last several months, don't think I will in the foreseeable future. I too would love to be able to go back to old school PL at this point.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    Agreed. I'd give up everything I own to go back to old school PL but it won't happen.
    I was contemplating what "old school" might mean, and how it might not be reproduced in some ways no matter what mechanics got reset. Like running into Physiologics in a pug and sweating what he might think of my playing in 56 cap. Times change.

Most everything is tradable now, so whithout reverting to before all was able to be acquired, why reset? You can make a new toon and have that starting from scratch experience, now.

Past is done, do cool whatever,
    now.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    I was contemplating what "old school" might mean, and how it might not be reproduced in some ways no matter what mechanics got reset. Like running into Physiologics in a pug and sweating what he might think of my playing in 56 cap. Times change.

Most everything is tradable now, so whithout reverting to before all was able to be acquired, why reset? You can make a new toon and have that starting from scratch experience, now.

Past is done, do cool whatever,
    now.
    By 'old school', I mean a time when pets didn't exist, skills weren't level 10, daily elixirs didn't exist, etc. I would say the level 56 cap simply because this is when GCD had just been introduced, although perhaps another previous cap like 50 or under could work if GCD was to be kept.

As far as PVE goes (I was usually a PVPer at this time, but yes I remember PVE well), players didn't equip pets and load up on elixirs to blast through mobs without any tactic. Bears would lead the team and tank, sometimes taking aggro of an entire room of enemies and bringing them back to be pulled and comboed by the team. Team combos mattered much more back then, whether that was root/lightning (Nature Strike), shatter/hellscream (Terror), or break armor/crushing blow/drain life (Pwned). Skills weren't spammed but instead used tactfully in order to produce the highest damage output and complete the map in the quickest time. This was a time when there were far less 'scatterbears', and people actually used walls to group mobs and direct all their dmg in one place. The bosses also required far more tact to complete, whether that was destroying all of Roach's barrels before he got to heal up, luring the Bandit Queen without the King noticing, etc.

Now if we're talking about PvP, it's entirely different now and you cannot just 'make a toon from scratch' and have the same experience. The PvP during the 56 cap was perhaps the most balanced that I've ever seen it. That has since been ruined due to the introduction of 56 glyph, arena modifiers, and changes to dodge, crit, armor mitigation, healing effectiveness being downgraded, cooldown times of certain skills being changed, elite rings being equippable by all levels, amulets, and now enchantments. You cannot just level a new toon up to 56 and have the same experience because it's unbalanced now.

The days where stats actually made sense are far behind us. The experience of being able to have a unique build is no longer there. At level 100, enchantments hardly matter because stats are so blown up already, that adding an extra 50 armor makes zero difference in either PVE or PVP. Adding crit gives you virtually nothing since everyone already has 100 crit and can do double damage on every hit. Adding h/s or m/s won't help much. If we compare it to the 56 cap, players were able to regain full health in roughly ten or less seconds. This was a sensible time. Nowadays, with nearly 9k health and 60 h/s, you need to spend 150 seconds to regain full health. No one wants to wait 2 minutes and 30 seconds in PvP to regain full health. If you spend all your enchantments on 15 h/s, you end up with roughly 75 h/s, which means that it will still take you two minutes to regain full health. The problem is similar with m/s as well, which leads mana shields to be practically useless after you use it just once.

I believe Xyzther and I found out during the 85 cap that going beyond a certain armor amount in PVE does not give you more advantages because there is a max amount that can be mitigated and there's a cap, which means that any armor gained since then doesn't matter. In all actuality, the health is what really matters.

The fights in PvP are mainly based on auto. No longer are people able to kite their opponents with xbows and use range as a skill.

While I'm all for "variety", the newly implemented enchantments are not very sensible. The stats are simply not comparable enough to one another. As I said earlier, adding certain things like 5 h/s at level 100 will net you practically zero advantage over another individual without that 5 h/s. Because there is a cap on armor mitigation and dodge, the same goes for these stats as well.

And finally, no longer do we live in an age where int bears, int birds, warbirds, pallies, dex bears, etc. are allowed in endgame pvp due to the class requirement added. No longer are some of these builds viable at older PvP cap levels either due to the changes that I've spelled out.

Even though I'm a huge proponent for "variety", the changes made to the game have actually taken away a lot of variety as well, including using different class hybrids like dex bears and warbirds, or being able to utilize gear that isn't legendaries or elites. Due to the enchantments being a factor now, all previous epic and under gear is practically useless now because these types of gear do not get afforded multiple enchantment slots as legendary and elites do, which means they simply cannot compete. I remember the days when just one set wasn't the 'best' (i.e. pure stat sets), but rather you could use a whole bunch of different gear selections regardless of rarity (custom, drainer, underling with henchman, scraper with mega mage, fortified, fury, enchanted, dingy helm with royal sewer, etc.). Each build was unique, each weapon offered something different from the other, and the stats were sensible.

So yes, I would very much like to reset to "old school" PL but as I've said before, I doubt that will ever happen.
    Last edited by Dolloway; 02-16-2018 at 03:19 AM.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Haven't PvPed for the last several months, don't think I will in the foreseeable future. I too would love to be able to go back to old school PL at this point.
    Would be a cool idea tho we keep current PL and make another one called PL 2 just a restart of the game and both are separate so no transferring money and items etc

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Ah of course I completely forget about pvp :/
    Couple things tho, about 56, Cinco would have to revert the old code that allowed us to do the gear swap outs. And would people really want to level up @ 56 with only gold elixirs the way it was for a while?
    Rhinos and fox disapear until a certain level?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I don't want to see rhino and fox again.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,170 Posts

Old School PL with Rhino and Fox sounds perfect!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I literally love you lmao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Please!

eleven
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

:OOOOO
    Is this a hint?!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Is it possible?

Gesendet von meinem SM-T585 mit Tapatalk

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drakethetank View Post
    :OOOOO
    Is this a hint?!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    It was his sarcasm haha

23.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,170 Posts

For me it's like when my dad says: I liked you better when you were only 3. You didn't mess up PVP balance when you were 3.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

For me it's like when my dad says: I liked you better when you were only 3. You didn't mess up PVP balance when you were 3.
    Too funny cinco but can we seriously put under development PL old school? I know for sure a lot will play who needs PLA when you got PL old school

ELITE

26.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #20
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,170 Posts

Real talk: love the nostalgia, but it would be an excessively bad business decision to split this beloved player base into multiple games.
    | | | |