Thread: dual pistols with blast shield vanity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default dual pistols with blast shield vanity.

Wondering why the no longer allow blast shield to be equipted with my dual pistols. That really stinks. I paid 50 plat for that sheild. And now cant use it.. im not a single pistol build. They made squid buddy to overlap your back armor.. how come blast sheild cant? Is this gonjng to be fixed?

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

I don't see anything that needs to be fixed; it's a shield vanity so it replaces a shield item. That's pretty much what it is. The vanity items overwrite their counterparts so you need a shield in order to have the blast shield showing. The reason for the change is because vanity upgraded to a multifunctional option and now there are categories, so the blast shield was placed into the shield category instead of it just being a complete vanity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

stash it and use it on another account? Cause I agree with gluttony; it's a shield vanity, so it's only going to replace the shield slot. Dual pistols don't use a shield.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Then how come with my squid buddy i can still show my back armor? Its not like it gives u any advantage but for looks. And thats why i bought it. To use with my duals. Otherwise the regular shields r way kool looking.. beside a blast shiekd would be strapped to ones arm anyways. So i could in real life be able to hold a pistol in my left hand with a blast shield on my 4arm..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Vanity is additive for looks. Yes it would replace the normal armor sheilds. But since i dont have any equiped i still should be able to use it just like squid buddy!

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Perhaps Squid buddy is due for a move to the pets section, or it could be the fact that squid buddy doesn't actually occupy any space that is required for the back vanity. Apparently a dev thought the shield and the gun on the same hand looks a bit strange so they changed it. Either equip the shield on a character that uses a shield or let it go. Yes in real life a blast shield could be strapped on an arm in which one also wielded a gun, but it's just as impractical irl also. You use a blast shield for protection (as a shield), so needing to move it so that your whole body is vulnerable is a horrible idea; if this is a pitch to make the game more realistic then I think it just backfired.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I'm pretty sad this was taken out, too. I liked the shield on my op with pistols, and if the old way is any indication, it's visually possible. They just chose to take it out. Why?

Might be a limitation of the system now. You can wear dual pistols with a back vanity that looks like a shield, but you can't wear dual pistols with a shield vanity because you can't normally equip a shield with dual pistols. Still sad, since visually it doesn't clip anything and can work together.

It's not like com with big rifles poking through the shield or anything.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 11-04-2011 at 02:03 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange