Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tank Mage Build?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Default Tank Mage Build?

I decided to post this here because I need a lot of opinions and feedback. So I noticed that quite a few mages go to Maus with full str and little damage. They just rely on their wildifre to proc and do damage for them. What are your thoughts on this? Is this good or bad? Is this actually beneficial?
    I am wondering whether or not i should do this to help with my runs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

U don't really need to sacrifice dmg and int and go for full str build when there is Voice Set.. 3/5 Voice Set with a few nature jewels with do the job

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Only reason I don't openly make fun of them is that maybe they're new or too poor to spend on pots, ankhs, and gear.
    Only reason to be str is to protect yourself at the expense of the pt, or a pvp build that won't respec for pve.
    Live on the edge, be smexy go full int

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

@ the intersection of Tea. Earl Grey. Hot and Damn Fine Cup of Coffee.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    Only reason I don't openly make fun of them is that maybe they're new or too poor to spend on pots, ankhs, and gear.
    Only reason to be str is to protect yourself at the expense of the pt, or a pvp build that won't respec for pve.
    I'd give you thanks but I think I used all my rep on every other thing you ever posted.

Join the AL Community Discord!https://discord.gg/VrMWZ8t
    Retired Coffeegirl, Veep Of Arlor, 2016

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

This:
    Quote Originally Posted by Veenihiv View Post
    U don't really need to sacrifice dmg and int and go for full str build when there is Voice Set.. 3/5 Voice Set with a few nature jewels with do the job
    And this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    Sums it up.

Mage should develop their play style on full int build. I played gy and maus with level 61 Legendary Brut gear, slotted with only nature jewels [Reason: 1) I was new to the game and could only afford that. 2)I like to test and choose the best gear myself for my playstyle]. I died in the beginning but I kept playing, learning the mobs/boss mechanics to avoid death and it only made me stronger. It made me understand my class, when and how to time my skills, when to wait/when to strike, basically it improved my overall gameplay.
    I personally like the excitement of full int, partially a reason why I try to solo most of the hard content. Now I have better gear, slotted with better gems, tuned to my playstyle. You don't spawn in "GOD Mode" in any game, you make your way to it. My Personal Conclusion: Level 66 Brut gear with mind/nature jewels is good enough for gy/maus and dreamscape.

Sure, you can go full Str, it will be very comfortable I guess: lots of health, low dmg will give you low threat, keeping enemies off you. What's next? Tanks without Taunts

At the end of the day its your game, you should play the way you want. Don't go full str or full int because others do it. Don't stop playing the content because you don't have OP gear. Get out there and experience your self to know what is better for you.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

I used to be a full dex mage for maus runs before completing my set xD
    Wasn’t bad at all, in my opinion better balance hp/dmg/dodge/crit than full str (comparing with same equip).
    I got used to it and changed relatively recently in full int, that thanks to full voice set and full noble mind, is good

I quote psikonuke, people adapt to their gameplay and to gear they can afford. Sometimes you get used to things and don’t even try differently....that is my suggestion, as for me worked xD
    Being a mage in mausoleum without good gear can be really stressfull, so mages that do that have all my understanding....
    But obviusly running with equipped mages is better xD
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

People so eager to say nightmare set, buy voice set but the cost of those are a lot. Some people just rather keep on farming gold and not investing on anything else while they're saving up gold.
    We all know how deadly the wildfire proc can be and without making fun of those who go full STR it is very understandable why they do.
    Full STR isn't as bad at most post on this thread claim it is, I used it on mage too when I first tried out mau 5-6 and it obviously wasn't the fastest way to run mau but it has some stability in sense of surviving. My mage doesn't have the best gear hence my trying out a full STR build. The only reason a full INT mage with bad gear would do well in mau 5-6 is if the players in the map know what they're doing, which is not the case in random maps from my experience.
    I could some up more reasons why full STR could be beneficial but you get the point I hope
    Last edited by Abuze; 02-03-2018 at 09:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

I personally don’t care what build people use, as long as the party stays alive and the run in fluid.

It bothers me when people get all up tight about how someone builds out their character. I’ll party with anyone provided it’s good company and people are friendly.

I would recommend playing the standard stats builds and tweaking based on weapon choice (proc) and jewel load out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

It's fine with a full str build if that player is starting out and a little poor, I get it. What bothers me are the players with super expensive equips and vanities who still don't use ankhs at the expense of slowing down the party. So silly to see them stay dead even at a boss! You know who u are lol
    Last edited by Kakashis; 02-03-2018 at 11:21 AM.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

4 mages with flame staff and full str build , highest damage in our party was around 720 . We didint even notice the mobs , everything is just fire-starter XD Feel free to use that as long as :

1) you have flame staff for mobs and dragon staff for the bosses ( drag staff is optional , but have fun killing a boss with 600 dmg and nothing to stack your wildfire XD )
    2) you can quickly stack the proc

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I used to go mainly Str and reached 10k HP without set.
    I do not see anything bad with going full Str, you will stay alive way better.
    I used Immo tho but I guess its the same with Wildfire. Only the proc matters so why dont put all in HP to survive longer?
    I cant see why anybody would make fun of that.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

So full STR build is for poor/new people only?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drone View Post
    I use str build and i'm not too new.

Everybody who is making fun of full str is happylie invited to join me

Pm me on Forum or Ign Aluhut.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Java View Post
    I'd give you thanks but I think I used all my rep on every other thing you ever posted.
    backatcha

Eh, str is for anyone who enjoys it lel idrc. I will say it's usually less efficient, my goal is to see crippled enemies die quickly on an industrial scale for $
    No trigger pls ;P

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lolifee View Post
    I use str build and i'm not too new.

Everybody who is making fun of full str is happylie invited to join me

Pm me on Forum or Ign Aluhut.
    Glad I'm not the only one lmao. Although I don't run maus anymore cuz I just found out people are making fun of my str build
    Last edited by Drone; 02-03-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I don't run much maus but when i do i perfer str mages over int mage. (Only if they have flame/drag) honestly as long as you stay alive and pull your weight idrc.

And the reason may not be that their "poor" maybe they are thinking "most cost efficient" why waste money on nightmare and voice when you can run it just fine with gear waaayyy cheaper?

Or maybe some are thinking long-term knowing sts is going to release new gear in the future so they wait for that.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

When i first started i had both hex and immo staff and i used a str build. Mainly because i couldnt afford the voice sets at the time. Slowly upgraded to voice and now im using nightmare set and am full INT. The biggest problem i have with str build is that the weapon procs take a lot lot longer and happen less often.

As for mages who use str cos they cant afford the best gear. I fully agree with their decision. Afterall a dead mage does no damage.

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

No, its a personal choice at the end of the day. The point is don't do it, unless you have a reason

Quote Originally Posted by YeaSheGamez View Post
    I don't run much maus but when i do i perfer str mages over int mage. (Only if they have flame/drag) honestly as long as you stay alive and pull your weight idrc.

And the reason may not be that their "poor" maybe they are thinking "most cost efficient" why waste money on nightmare and voice when you can run it just fine with gear waaayyy cheaper?

Or maybe some are thinking long-term knowing sts is going to release new gear in the future so they wait for that.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

The Full Str built was introduced specifically because players felt underpowered at the beginning of Somber expansion (this is before mythic gear was released and dreamscape expansion came out). The mobs and bosses were balanced a lot after that, but the trend continued with maus 5 and 6 released, and it continues with level66 gears at hand. Point: Sts will keep releasing expansions and gears, I don't think that is affecting the trend.

My perspective: What are they going to do if tomorrow flame forged staff and drag staff is nerfed? Will mage continue to ignore their main stat just to stay alive in hard maps?

PS: @Other Posts: I do not see anyone making fun of Str build here.
    Last edited by PsychoNuke; 02-03-2018 at 10:06 PM.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoNuke View Post
    No, its a personal choice at the end of the day. The point is don't do it, unless you have a reason ...
    You said it yourself, eh...kinda...

Btw, I’m just curious, any of the people who are against immo/flame/drag staff/STR build have ever been in a party with a couple of mages with this particular built who know what they’re doing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Just curious......

If you are not "poor" or "new" (some "old players" fall in the poor category), what could possibly bring you to go full STR on a mage?

Seems to kind of defy logic.

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment