Thread: One of those days

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Default One of those days

3-something am - I wake up. Alarm is set for a bit before 5 because of a call I’m expecting. Why did I wake up? No clue, but also no chance of falling back asleep.

Attempt to start coffee maker. Mr. Coffee evidently doesn’t approve of the hour because he doesn’t start up. I bargain, threaten and maybe cry a little and he finally sullenly starts. Coffee brews, but Mr. Coffee sounds like a gerbil trying to swallow a bowling ball. This is Not Good. With a last gasp, Mr. Coffee blurps out the last of the pot and promptly dies. Farewell, thou good and faithful servant! Crap. Now I have to buy a new coffee maker.

Head for the laptop, sit down and promptly spill half a cup of coffee in my lap. Think numerous naughty words and go to change pants.

Return to living room to find remaining half-cup of coffee that I set on the floor has been tipped over onto the rug by a rabbit who doesn’t approve of non-bunny-approved-objects on his floor. Can rabbits sneer? I swear he sneered at me. Go to fetch more towels. Naughty words become verbal.

Expected call happens more or less on time--a good thing. Bad thing--have to explain to other person for the 47th time how to open an email attachment. In small words. Hang up phone. Get more coffee.

Don’t spill the coffee this time. Get about two sips of it and find out some code I was testing has borked. To make a long story short, the code barfed three times in total. The other two were from my "fixes" when I managed to make typos. Coffee-lack is making itself felt.

Receive phone call. This one is from somebody in our computer club asking me, since it’s my turn, to call someone to help them with a computer problem. (One of the things our club does is volunteer to assist Seniors with computer repairs, teaching them how to use a computer for normal stuff, installing programs, hardware, etc.) I call Agnes (not her real name) once it’s normal-people’s-calling hours. She and her husband, Ignatz (also not his real name) have changed ISPs and need some help getting back online. I have worked with Agnes and her husband before, so, I ask the obvious question:

“Agnes, Ignatz is going to wear pants, right?”

Ignatz is long-since retired and somehow associates pants with having to go to work. They’re both in their right minds and all; Ignatz just doesn’t like wearing pants unless “forced” to (i.e. Agnes refuses to drive him anywhere pants-less). She allows as she doesn’t know for sure. I reiterate my former stance against assisting the pants-less. She argues back that he’s in his own home and not out in public. I counter-argue that, as a member of the public, I have certain pants-based expectations. Finally I ask her to put Ignatz on the phone and tell him,

“Four words, dude--no pants, no Internet.”

Battle won, I get back off the phone and find the rabbit has decided it’s “Tip Crap Over on the Rug Day” as his water dish (formerly, at least, a bunny-approved-object) is now empty, there’s a large spreading puddle and I am getting sneered at again. Go find a new roll of paper towels. Dredge up words I haven’t used in a very long time and am pretty sure I made up some new ones. Bunny is not moved by my erudition.

Head over the Agnes and Ignatz’s place. Discover that the laundry list of things they need help with was somewhat longer than “getting back online”. Included are installing a new disk drive, getting them reconnected to the Internet, installing 3 programs and getting a Gmail account set-up. Oh! And could I explain how “that Skype thing” works? When asked, Agnes admits not spilling everything they wanted help with because “I didn’t want to frighten you off”. On the plus side, Ignatz is, in fact, wearing pants, so I guess it’s all good.

Finish there. Go find a new coffee maker. Go home. I have now been up for 11 hours already and I’m a little afraid what else today has in-store. If anybody wants me, I’ll be hiding the in the closet. If you come over to check on me, don’t set anything on the floor because the rabbit is waiting...

Anybody else having one of those days? Spill. You'll feel better. Me? Still hiding. Luckily, connectivity in the closet is good.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i think its best i not tell u about the truckload of centipedes..
    l________{{{{{LvL 56 bird Halamance Member of AEO}}}}}__________l

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Easy solution: rabbit stew ;-)
    Growwle - My guess is 1050

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

LOL!!!! You really must start a bunny blog, Veronica. This stuff is genius!! I have had "one of those days" for two consecutive days. I don't think I'd be able to make light of it until after the wounds start to scab over. (nah - it's not really *that* bad - but my, oh, my am I happy the weekend is imminent!) Thanks for sharing this tale of many foibles!

MimeRifle-Comm/40 | Radaroreilly-Eng/40
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing." G.B. Shaw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

The coffee gods are not in favor of you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I'm sorry that you had a bad day. I hope you feel better when I say that your story was well written and enjoyable.
    Current Sig by
    SL Elite Death Squad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Sorry that you had a bad day. Heres a cookie. *Hands over the world's best cookie". Enjoy
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MimeRifle View Post
    Veronica

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

I've never had something like this happen because I'm at school

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    Higgins calls me Veronica, Otu. But then, I call him Higgins so it all works out.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by javier995 View Post
    Sorry that you had a bad day. Heres a cookie. *Hands over the world's best cookie". Enjoy
    thats must be cookies made by me

My odd day

I was waiting at the first bus (went at 8:00) had to wait till 8:20 for the darn bus did i mention it was raining.. Later on the second bus to get to school came at 8:40 and i had to wait since 8:25 so thats like 25 minutes waiting in the rain again and the boss picks me up.

Theres a big street called central and i call the poeple there the central kids because regularly i big load of them enter the bus to much of them and it was 8:50 it was getting so loaded and central kids got FREEBIE RIDE! They where lucky

I came to the school at 9:00 ugh class started like some minutes ago, we have to pass through these metal detactors and it was slow i got a detention (not new anymore) and i get mad i go to my class and teacher doesnt let me do something important and says its MY FAULT that i came late i....said bad words at the teacher but she is stupid cause i had to go to a stupid school (my mom procastinates she wasnt prepared) so i get tired and say this school is stupid and a piece of...doodoo so anyways the day passes on and i just get bothered by annoying poeple and my friends whereto busy having fun.

I just spent all school day grumpy then afterschool i had to go get my jrotc suit and it took one hour and 30minutes so i came out at 4:20 and my friends dad picks him up at 3:40-3:50 so i was to late i was always told to wait at the library so i waited but at six it closed and i went walking home with a two brick weighIng backpack my uniform in one hand and a box for my shoes being held i walked 10 blocks south and 6 blocks west till my mom found me crying cause she was worried

Did i mention the blocks are gigantic and i was exhausted i also had my mom scream at me for frightning her yeah.....
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Every time I read one of your little mementos, I feel more ecstatic than a 9 year old kid in a toy store.

Your experience is highly inane, but truly entertaining.
    Anybody can sacrifice a queen. The real trick is getting away with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Thanks! Lol just KIDDING!! I know who it was meant for and yiu are right lol even though this may be the first one
    When there is too much

Don't forget