Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Guys lets make endgame pvp active again

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Default Guys lets make endgame pvp active again

With this new cheap set and weapon proc that will balance op warrior armor(reduce 50% armor) op rog damage(reduce 50% damage) hopping endgame pvp will be active again...see yah guys😊

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Froze.Exe For This Useful Post:

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Ehem ehem.. Tainted 3/3 + Kiss + Nightmare 3/3 + Awakes. PVP looks balanced than before
    So I think I ll pass, thank you
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Thats what I talking bout! See yah in pvp!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Thanks to the new cheap set gear, i'm actually thinking of coming back to pvp. Not sure tho.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

While the pve community is active in endgame endgame pvp, level 66 is quite dead if you ask me.. I have a level 66 mage myself and i have to say that i barely see anyone active while there are enough gears so in that respect i do not think it's worth it to make endgame pvp active.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

The reason why endgame pvp is dead is because of lack of item that went over price and huge xp..but now sts is so generous giving as cheap op set and alot of daily xp so why not make both pve and pvp active again?..i just want everyone to enjoy both side of the game..hehe..gve it a try guys😁

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

What if we made special items that were PvP only and these items rebalanced classes (Aimed Shot no longer dealing 30k+)?

Could that help endgame PvP?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

9. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    What if we made special items that were PvP only and these items rebalanced classes (Aimed Shot no longer dealing 30k+)?

Yes it could... tank season would be nice

Sent from my P00A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Can I kiss you, please, friendly! This is the best idea to renew PvP, this is probably related only to endgame? What if you do this to lower lvls too because there are still old school twinks, but let's first try it with endgame.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jawr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

I absolutely LOVE your idea! Please make it happen!, Also, can you please add vendors with exclusive items only for pvp? and with a special token like for example, called: "Honor points" ? Would encourage alot of people to play pvp for these exclusives!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

absolutely yes.
    damage reduction and armor increase is the point that could revive pvp again thanks to no more one combos or aimed shot which means skill will matter more than gear and so not only those riches but also those middle class but skilled players will be able to join pvp and have fun, as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

What if You guys would disable awakenings in pvp? Keep it on items for pve and stuff but none of them would work in pvp areas. Just stats coming from items, pets and jewels?

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to |Ares| For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by |Ares| View Post
    What if You guys would disable awakenings in pvp? Keep it on items for pve and stuff but none of them would work in pvp areas. Just stats coming from items, pets and jewels?
    Would be great but probably won’t happen :/

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Screenshotz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

+1 please do sumthin like this! tired of rogues in speed set dominating

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

There are unfortunantly many thing wrong with pvp that scare people away from it.

1. Awakenings. Makes pvp more about seeing who has better awakenings over skill. Good awakes are expensive too, not many can afford. Disabeling awakes would solve this.

2. Jewels/gems. Huge advantage to those who can afford the best ones, mainly at lower levels with para and eye. Doesnt affect endgame as much but still has a negative impact. Disabeling jewels/gems would solve this.

3. Speed set. These have made pvp no fun imo. Enough said. Not allowing these in pvp would help I think.

4. Harsh environment. This is probably why most people dont play pvp to be honest. So much drama and trash talk goes on in pvp. Trash talk usually is ok but AL people can be nasty. Gangers and such also hurt pvp. How to fix this? Well, people just need to be nicer or some sort of temporary ban from pvp for people who dont play nice.

All in all, I dont think this new set will make endgame active again unfortunantly. More has to be done (regarding above list) if pvp every will be as fun as it once was. I quit pvp about 2 years ago because of these reasons, only briefly stopping in to check if it was at all better. Pvp used to be amazing, too bad it can never be the same.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Korabiv For This Useful Post:

22.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #16
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by |Ares| View Post
    From what I'm hearing that wouldn't be enough.

I hear a lot of sentiment of PvP imbalance being:

1) General PvP Imbalance. I mean you're all balanced to fight mobs with millions of health, not players with 10k
    2) Class Imbalance. Roles of Tank, Damage, Support don't really translate into PvP
    3) The haves vs have nots. This is based on what gear you're using (especially really good procs or rare things like Speed Set)
    4) Awakenings on top of #3. Even if you "have" you may not have the best version of that have

I'll start some brainstorming here, maybe turn this into a greater thread later. What skill adjustments would make PvP more fair, assuming we remove the heal and damage reduction that are currently in place?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

23. The Following User Says Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

From what I'm hearing that wouldn't be enough.

I hear a lot of sentiment of PvP imbalance being:

1) General PvP Imbalance. I mean you're all balanced to fight mobs with millions of health, not players with 10k
    2) Class Imbalance. Roles of Tank, Damage, Support don't really translate into PvP
    3) The haves vs have nots. This is based on what gear you're using (especially really good procs or rare things like Speed Set)
    4) Awakenings on top of #3. Even if you "have" you may not have the best version of that have

I'll start some brainstorming here, maybe turn this into a greater thread later. What skill adjustments would make PvP more fair, assuming we remove the heal and damage reduction that are currently in place?
    I don't think removing heal and damage skill would be cool, I mean this is PvP if you use your brain and if you know when to heal yourself I mean perfect timing you win, removing awakenings and making a gear for only PvP would be enough! However make this please for every level because twinkin is still very popular in Arlor, you can see a lot of twinks and actually 50% plays twink 50% plays endgame, make test server with all these updates so we can check it how it gonna work, I would also like to remove FFA map and just let stay TDM and CTF maps due to making rooms more full, and maybe bringing leaderboard would be also a great comeback of popular PvP, also don't make rooms closed after 10+ kills in TDM map or CTF map where players flags up to 4 and makes room closed and they farm for hours or make that room get closed after 3h after opening it. I'd really like to see all this so the best way is to make SERVER TEST so we can complain about these things after we see how they work.
    Last edited by Jawr; 02-13-2018 at 03:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Try to mimic how pvp was in season 3-4 ish. i.e. its easier to balance when you dont have a ton of independent variables. adding new gear could help this since every1 would use those.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

26.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #19
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

For those commenting on twink PvP and preserving that:

If the endgame PvP was better balanced, what reason would you have for wanting to still PvP at twink levels?

The biggest on that sticks out to me is because you've already invested a lot of gold into it. Are there other reasons?
    | | | |

27. The Following User Says Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Is this real life?

For those commenting on twink PvP and preserving that:

If the endgame PvP was better balanced, what reason would you have for wanting to still PvP at twink levels?

The biggest on that sticks out to me is because you've already invested a lot of gold into it. Are there other reasons?
    Twink PVP yields different strategies considering that you have limited skill points .
    Also, different classes shine at different levels depending on the equipment available at that bracket.

Nevertheless, if endgame was balanced and affordable, it should definitely become the most active bracket. I think I speak for a large part of the community when I say that I really hope STS is looking into making this a reality.
    Last edited by Ydra; 02-13-2018 at 07:10 PM.