Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Guys lets make endgame pvp active again

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Default Guys lets make endgame pvp active again

With this new cheap set and weapon proc that will balance op warrior armor(reduce 50% armor) op rog damage(reduce 50% damage) hopping endgame pvp will be active again...see yah guys😊

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Froze.Exe For This Useful Post:

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Ehem ehem.. Tainted 3/3 + Kiss + Nightmare 3/3 + Awakes. PVP looks balanced than before
    So I think I ll pass, thank you
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Thats what I talking bout! See yah in pvp!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Thanks to the new cheap set gear, i'm actually thinking of coming back to pvp. Not sure tho.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

While the pve community is active in endgame endgame pvp, level 66 is quite dead if you ask me.. I have a level 66 mage myself and i have to say that i barely see anyone active while there are enough gears so in that respect i do not think it's worth it to make endgame pvp active.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

The reason why endgame pvp is dead is because of lack of item that went over price and huge xp..but now sts is so generous giving as cheap op set and alot of daily xp so why not make both pve and pvp active again?..i just want everyone to enjoy both side of the game..hehe..gve it a try guys😁

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

What if we made special items that were PvP only and these items rebalanced classes (Aimed Shot no longer dealing 30k+)?

Could that help endgame PvP?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

9. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    What if we made special items that were PvP only and these items rebalanced classes (Aimed Shot no longer dealing 30k+)?

Yes it could... tank season would be nice

Sent from my P00A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Can I kiss you, please, friendly! This is the best idea to renew PvP, this is probably related only to endgame? What if you do this to lower lvls too because there are still old school twinks, but let's first try it with endgame.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jawr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

I absolutely LOVE your idea! Please make it happen!, Also, can you please add vendors with exclusive items only for pvp? and with a special token like for example, called: "Honor points" ? Would encourage alot of people to play pvp for these exclusives!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

absolutely yes.
    damage reduction and armor increase is the point that could revive pvp again thanks to no more one combos or aimed shot which means skill will matter more than gear and so not only those riches but also those middle class but skilled players will be able to join pvp and have fun, as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    319 Posts

What if You guys would disable awakenings in pvp? Keep it on items for pve and stuff but none of them would work in pvp areas. Just stats coming from items, pets and jewels?

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to |Ares| For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by |Ares| View Post
    What if You guys would disable awakenings in pvp? Keep it on items for pve and stuff but none of them would work in pvp areas. Just stats coming from items, pets and jewels?
    Would be great but probably won’t happen :/

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Screenshotz For This Useful Post:

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #14
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by |Ares| View Post
    From what I'm hearing that wouldn't be enough.

I hear a lot of sentiment of PvP imbalance being:

1) General PvP Imbalance. I mean you're all balanced to fight mobs with millions of health, not players with 10k
    2) Class Imbalance. Roles of Tank, Damage, Support don't really translate into PvP
    3) The haves vs have nots. This is based on what gear you're using (especially really good procs or rare things like Speed Set)
    4) Awakenings on top of #3. Even if you "have" you may not have the best version of that have

I'll start some brainstorming here, maybe turn this into a greater thread later. What skill adjustments would make PvP more fair, assuming we remove the heal and damage reduction that are currently in place?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

20. The Following User Says Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

1) General PvP Imbalance. I mean you're all balanced to fight mobs with millions of health, not players with 10k
    2) Class Imbalance. Roles of Tank, Damage, Support don't really translate into PvP
    3) The haves vs have nots. This is based on what gear you're using (especially really good procs or rare things like Speed Set)
    4) Awakenings on top of #3. Even if you "have" you may not have the best version of that have

I'll start some brainstorming here, maybe turn this into a greater thread later. What skill adjustments would make PvP more fair, assuming we remove the heal and damage reduction that are currently in place?
    I don't think removing heal and damage skill would be cool, I mean this is PvP if you use your brain and if you know when to heal yourself I mean perfect timing you win, removing awakenings and making a gear for only PvP would be enough! However make this please for every level because twinkin is still very popular in Arlor, you can see a lot of twinks and actually 50% plays twink 50% plays endgame, make test server with all these updates so we can check it how it gonna work, I would also like to remove FFA map and just let stay TDM and CTF maps due to making rooms more full, and maybe bringing leaderboard would be also a great comeback of popular PvP, also don't make rooms closed after 10+ kills in TDM map or CTF map where players flags up to 4 and makes room closed and they farm for hours or make that room get closed after 3h after opening it. I'd really like to see all this so the best way is to make SERVER TEST so we can complain about these things after we see how they work.
    Last edited by Jawr; 02-13-2018 at 03:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    319 Posts

I agree that roles coming with support/damage don't really aply into Arcane pvp. Considering how at old caps (for example 56 cap) where mages had their spotlight because of Immortal gun you would see 0 of rogue accuracy in clashes or even random rooms.
    I think that current biggest problem in pvp is the armor, at 61-63 bracket where most of the pvp stuff is happening right now, rogue might stack up to 5k+ armor with 2,5k+ damage input. With the armor stack at 66lvl where base armor is around 4800 considering you use nightmare armor/helmet or more than 5000 if you use tainted set rogue loses the meaning of glass cannon. Add the % armor stack in awakenings and rogue will easily hit 6k+ armor with 3000 damage. I already feel sorry for mages about it lol
    The over armor stacked twinks with heroic dreambot and armor awakenings also cause most of the old twink brackets to die, due to clashes taking so long to finish I guess (correct me if I'm wrong).
    I would suggest to give the community balanced weapons like armor/gun/sword that might have similar buffs/procs but does not really affect gameplay hard. It could be newly released arcane weapon content. Look at arcane ring for how long it was in use by people until the haste set came. Still even if you had speed you would not be able to instantly kill the arcane ring user (due to tankyness). For the future I would suggest removal of armor in pvp procs/buffs (especially on the weapons).

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

+1 please do sumthin like this! tired of rogues in speed set dominating

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Is this real life?

For those commenting on twink PvP and preserving that:

If the endgame PvP was better balanced, what reason would you have for wanting to still PvP at twink levels?

The biggest on that sticks out to me is because you've already invested a lot of gold into it. Are there other reasons?
    Twink PVP yields different strategies considering that you have limited skill points .
    Also, different classes shine at different levels depending on the equipment available at that bracket.

Nevertheless, if endgame was balanced and affordable, it should definitely become the most active bracket. I think I speak for a large part of the community when I say that I really hope STS is looking into making this a reality.
    Last edited by Ydra; 02-13-2018 at 07:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Make ss set bonus inactive in combat , this way annoying rogs that hit you with aimed from off your screen and run away wont be such a pain to kill.
    ( note , i just came back into the game and have minimal gear so i didnt stick around in pvp for long , but i found this extra annoying in the few random rooms i joined )

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Gouiwaa9000 For This Useful Post:

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Absolutely yes, 1000 times yes

My opinion for you consideration:
    1. General PvP imbalance is chained to Class imbalanced. I am fine if tanks have 10k health and heavy armor, but then it should be limited to tanks and in return they should have low dmg. Same way mage and rogue should have their own strengths and weakness. When it comes to balanced PVP the approach should be more Skill based instead of Gear based. Health/Armor and Skills should be balanced in a way that any class can go against any class.

I totally understand that from your point of view implementing this on 2 possible scenario: 1v1 and group play, can be a challenge but I know your logical brain is better than mine .

..And Yes PVP should not turn into a boss fight, where a whole team is trying to put down 2 Warriors with exceptionally OP gear, who btw wipes the whole group and laughs in the end because hey! they got the blings

2. I think all buffs should spawn in map. The location can be specific but it should be a random buff every time, or people will start camping.

3. Make PVP specific Gems/Jewels available at a Token vendor. This can replace awakenings.

4. I stopped PVP because of Ganging. There are guild(s) that enter pvp in group just to farm kills or in some cases to feed their ego. I just leave the map when they enter, happened so much that I quit playing.
      Solution: A smart pvp system that auto-balance the teams based on classes. Make system decide who joins which side of the team, and how many same class players can one side have.
    Last edited by PsychoNuke; 02-14-2018 at 08:50 PM.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!