Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Guys lets make endgame pvp active again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xxsoifongxx View Post
    There isn’t any problems every should know their roles as each character rogues kill , mages support, tank cover .. the only problem is everyone wants to kill so they say it’s unbalanced.... the reason pvp was empty was because the gears were too expensive and leveling up was too hard now that’s fixed u can find full matches all day. All the good players I play with I never hear them complaining that it’s unbalanced.

So please no de buffing of characters please ty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Examples of previous imbalances:

Level 41 Cap, addition of Dragon Hunter sword made tanks offensive and rogues completely useless.

Level 46 Cap, Glinstone set for warriors plus Dragon Hunter sword. High damage and crit values for mages made it difficult for rogues to compete.

Level 56 Cap, the overall survivability of mages and the glintstone set for tanks made rogues useless in a clash environment.

Level 61 Cap, it by far wasn’t the worse era for mages but rogues clearly were the top dogs and mages pulled the short straws, the only way a mage could go toe to toe with a rogue was with the top gear (we’re talking noble/exquisites, arcane armor, top awakens) and this was to fight rogues with lesser gears.

As for the current cap I can’t really comment but it seems like tanks are very hard to kill and rogues probably still hit hard enough.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to eclipserog For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eclipserog View Post
    Examples of previous imbalances:

Level 41 Cap, addition of Dragon Hunter sword made tanks offensive and rogues completely useless.

Level 46 Cap, Glinstone set for warriors plus Dragon Hunter sword. High damage and crit values for mages made it difficult for rogues to compete.

Level 56 Cap, the overall survivability of mages and the glintstone set for tanks made rogues useless in a clash environment.

Level 61 Cap, it by far wasn’t the worse era for mages but rogues clearly were the top dogs and mages pulled the short straws, the only way a mage could go toe to toe with a rogue was with the top gear (we’re talking noble/exquisites, arcane armor, top awakens) and this was to fight rogues with lesser gears.

As for the current cap I can’t really comment but it seems like tanks are very hard to kill and rogues probably still hit hard enough.

Well it would be better if they made a different map where all these changes take place and leave the old map for those who enjoy it the way it is

BELIEVE IT!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    Let's keep this conversation going!

If abilities were to be rebalanced in PvP, what are the current issues with abilities?

It would be most helpful if for any ability you could give me the following:
    1) Ability Name
    2) Role: What is the purpose of the ability
    3) Problems: What are the current issues with the ability (feel free to be as in depth here as needed)
    4) Suggested Changes: Optional. You do not have to have a suggestion in order to list out a problem, but feel free to list any ideas you do have. Ultimately this will be our job to fix it XP

Examples
    1) Ability: Axe Throw
    2) Role: Warrior Single Target Damage + Bring a single enemy into a bad position
    3) Problems: Axe Throw can't be a good single target damage skill because the pull is too important for PvP (high damage + pull is OP). The Pull has issues with latency (pulling behind rocks) and it feels bad that the Warrior stops to pull people in.

1) Ability: Aimed Shot
    2) Role: High Damage Single Target attack
    3) Problems: It does too much damage. This is exaggerated by the fact that Rogues are so squishy so they feel like they *need* this high amount of damage.

1) Ability: Curse
    2) Role: Enemy Debuff, make them attack at their own risk
    3) Problems: No one uses Curse. The player version of Curse is too weak and the calculations are silly (dealing 5000 damage returns as much as dealing 50 damage)

Note: If you use any player related stats (damage, hp, armor) let's start at Level 66 only. This will just get everyone talking on the same page and about the same problems. I want endgame PvP to be the best PvP in the game first. Then we can talk twinking.

Skills reference in case you forgot
    Warrior:
    Axe Throw
    Chest Splitter
    Horn of Renew
    Juggernaut
    Rallying Cry
    Skyward Smash
    Vengeful Blood
    Windmill

Rogue:
    Aimed Shot
    Combat Medic
    Entangling Trap
    Noxious Bolt
    Razor Shield
    Shadow Piercer
    Shadow Veil
    Shadowstorm

Sorcerer:
    Arcane Shield
    Curse
    Fireball
    Frost Bolt
    Gale Force
    Lifegiver
    Lightning Strike
    Time Shift
    Ability: Axe Throw
    Role: Pulls people all the time
    Problem: Range, as a tank skill should it really have bigger range than aimed shot? Sometimes tank can pull a rogue from other side of the map using the speed set delay. I would suggest to put axe and aim in same range.

Ability: Aimed Shot
    Role: Single big damage on 1 target
    Problem/Suggestion: I think that a nerf to aimed shots damage should come up with a good bow to use maybe? If it would come to damage nerfing of course (aim damage range).

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Ability : Curse

Role : Reward mages for taking damage / possible deffence against a rog that decides to delete you while shield is down .

Problem : The damage returned does not scale , its not even worth a skill slot . It should be rebalanced to deal a % of the damage you take ( after it goes trough all armor / damage redcution ) Instead of beeing a fixed value . Of course the duration and cooldown will need to be toned down . This way curse will be most powerfull when we are the most vulnerable - while shield is down . Hopefully it will give mages something to do besides die after shield breaks , let us play off the fact that we are insta killed without shield and trick someone into killing themselves .

Bonus idea : replace useless enemy damage reduction and duration upgrades , to something like : If you take more than 90% of your remaining health as damage in under 2s while curse is active , recive 1s invicibility and a 10% heal ( only triggers once per ability activation )

2) If you take more than 70% of your total hp as damage in under 1s while curse is active , return 30% of that damage to every enemy in a 10m radius around you while healing every teammate in a 5m radius with 20% of the damage .
    Last edited by Gouiwaa9000; 02-17-2018 at 10:44 AM.

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

Am i the only one who finds the challenge of not getting sniped(current state) challenging, good and entertaining. Tanks heal, pull and taunt and mages support with their shield immunity, heals and curse. I agree that something has to be done to revive twink pvp but i myself quit twink pvp cuz of inactivity and i wanted to try out fast pace pvp. We do need more balance between good and bad awakes, but the current state is pretty good IMO.

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

1) Affordable gear.
    2) Monthly pvp ranking system. No banners needed, just announce the top list of each class officially at the end of the month and maybe grant to those top 5 players of each class special effect for the next month. And then, refresh the lb.
    3) Rogues should be able to survive after they got one combo by another rogue.

After that, most probably endgame pvp can be revived again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Just make AL like moba games (Free to play/Free to win) If u ever wanna expand the community.
    Make pvp sets, let everyone equal, this way only skills will matter.
    Right now every rich player is dominating because they simply have double the stats of everyone else in the game.
    So if you make pvp sets, like specific gear for pvp where everyone is equal, it would really bring great skill and challenge to the game.
    ps. I know this wont happen but if al would ever wanna be successful, something like this should happen.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ( DAMAGE ) For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

For those commenting on twink PvP and preserving that:

If the endgame PvP was better balanced, what reason would you have for wanting to still PvP at twink levels?

The biggest on that sticks out to me is because you've already invested a lot of gold into it. Are there other reasons?
    As someone who did PVP for a couple of years at low level i feel the reason why i twinked for so long can not be fixed in any way from STS's side.

Im from the UK and find my ping is relatively bad compared to those from the US. This minor delay can lead to a very painful PvP experience at endgame where its always a 1 hit if exposed. I can buy the best of the best still i find my ping makes too much of a difference.

At lower levels this isnt the case as some duels can go on for minuites. Even in clashes the slight delay does make a difference but isnt a total gamechanger as it is at endgame. Therefore a lot of people with ping or lag issues chose lower levels as they can still enjoy the fun of PvP without constantly being 1 hit

On the other hand ive always felt the armor pets & awakenings should have always been % based because +15% armor on each item at lvl 10 isnt a total game changer where as +450 armor flat stat on each item is just too much to add

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

What if we made special items that were PvP only and these items rebalanced classes (Aimed Shot no longer dealing 30k+)?

Could that help endgame PvP?
    RISE!
    #rising