Thread: PvE Class Design: Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default PvE Class Design: Warrior

Hello everyone!

I'm still quite new to Pocket Legends, having pinged 45 with my warrior a few days ago. I'm playing a stun-heavy tanking spec. Now I have some suggestions for this:

- Spike Damage is very annoying. I like the idea of having one cooldown move up all the time against bosses, but it's not as rewarding as it should be. Once Iron Blood wears off Spike Damage is very extreme. (The other cooldowns are not sufficient enough to prevent spikes, because armor is too strong at negating damage completely for some reason) Now there are several ways for your balance team to fix this:

1) Give People more HP in general. This has been suggested via auto-hp-gains at level up and would work as part 1 of my solution. Increase players hp by level and let hp scale greatly with strength so the tank has a great health advantage over the other classes.
    2) Redesign Damage Distribution. Armor seems to negate a whole bunch of damage completly, as does dodge. Just let armor reduce incoming damage up to a certain percentage cap that scales with your armor stat accordingly (Has been seen on World of Warcraft where you can cap up to 75% of the incoming dmg over armor.)

Through this you will achieve:

1) The tank takes more damage overall but not in spikes! This way healers can monitor the tanks life and decide when to heal. Decision Making is fun in MMOs.
    2) Giving H/S a purpose as a useful stat for a tank. Also giving the 30% dodge most traditional tanks get unbuffed a purpose. Until now, it only prevents you from dying of two undodged critical strikes, which I think nullifies it as an effective combat rating.
    3) Cooldowns should be something you get off when you have say a boss and 2 adds you need to tank. With the armor model mentioned above it would be to much for a single healer to outheal and the tank is needed to pop a cooldown amd the group is needed to focus a certain monster. Once these Panic Buttions are a decision they are more fun then they are now. Again, decision making is fun for players, rather than pressing it every time it's off cooldown. Once the situation is balanced, you should increase the skills cooldown:
    1) Have Iron Blood decrease incoming Damage by 50%. Cooldown at 2 Minutes, Duration at 20-30 seconds. This is the main cooldown. You think about it before you hit it, because it's on a longer cooldown.
    2) Have Evade as it is now, maybe buff it by 10-20% and let it stay as a "trash cooldown", that gets used when a lot of monsters are pulled. 20-30 Seconds and respecitly 60-90 seconds cooldown time. This is the button you hit while clearing normal monsters.

- Threat Management also is a problem, but can be improved greatly just by editing the threat modifiers of say beckon and stomp.

- The best team-addition would be a marking system for enemies. So everyone sees what they should focus-fire on. This goes along with an "assist" system already mentioned.

I hope my points become clear. :-) This way tanking would become more challenging and less dependent on RNG-spike damage. It would also improve healers and tanks gameplay at the same time.

Side Note: More HP is also a great way to fix PvP, as battles last longer. (See Cataclysm WoW for reference)
    Increasing HP by level and leting damage not scale as good will evoke more decisions in PvP as well.
    Last edited by Tojansen; 07-08-2010 at 05:03 AM.