Thread: Lovecraft event being a huge success/Goblin event suggestions?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default Lovecraft event being a huge success/Goblin event suggestions?

This event is amazing, and personally I think of as a major step up from last events, Sts really delivered on this one and it got me purchasing platinum again, I have heard from many other players that it gets them really hyped up to see what the team has in store for the community in the next expansion. But why not give them some thoughts about what you would like to see in the Goblin event so there is more to work with + the communities thoughts on what would be a nice implementation.

Personally I would like to see is:

-Hoarded 2018 Goblin Event Chests containing 3.5k to 5k gold and energy kits much like 2016.

-New pets for gold tier and in locks.

-Relativley good energy essence drops like this current event.

So what would you guys like to see in the goblin event?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    412 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hexcell View Post
    This event is amazing, and personally I think of as a major step up from last events, Sts really delivered on this one and it got me purchasing platinum again, I have heard from many other players that it gets them really hyped up to see what the team has in store for the community in the next expansion. But why not give them some thoughts about what you would like to see in the Goblin event so there is more to work with + the communities thoughts on what would be a nice implementation.

Personally I would like to see is:

-Hoarded 2018 Goblin Event Chests containing 3.5k to 5k gold and energy kits much like 2016.

-New pets for gold tier and in locks.

-Relativley good energy essence drops like this current event.

So what would you guys like to see in the goblin event?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    I agree lovecraft event this year is great

Sent from my Alcatel 6055U using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mezderak For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

More reasonable tiers, normally I can at least get two toons in gold, if not plat for my main.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    More reasonable tiers, normally I can at least get two toons in gold, if not plat for my main.
    I'm not sure if you're saying the tiers for this event aren't reasonable - imo they are, because all you need is a good guild and a chunk of love letters to reach platinum tier (You form a party with your guild mates and you all contribute a love letter, so you kill hug prime 4 times, and thats 150~ points per letter party)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DalleManden View Post
    I'm not sure if you're saying the tiers for this event aren't reasonable - imo they are, because all you need is a good guild and a chunk of love letters to reach platinum tier (You form a party with your guild mates and you all contribute a love letter, so you kill hug prime 4 times, and thats 150~ points per letter party)
    I hear you if you are saying that it is achievable, I should clarify maybe;

In past events it was easy to farm ess & play event enough to achieve at least gold or plat on one, and in some cases more that one toon. I had managed that while working full time, not having hoarded kits, not paying much/any plat, and usually I made gold on top, easily in pugs.
    As opposed to this one where as you say you "need a chunk" of letters. That would cost over 100k ea for a gamble. That gamble also has an additional gamble in a plat elixir you can stack for the good loot. If u want to farm & craft the letters you need to plat buy an elixir for a chance at the craftable materials needed, or spend gold.

Imho this event has too much spending gold/plat on rng.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    590 Posts

I dislike having to spend for an item to gain entry to a boss (love letters , bloodgrub dolls). I feel farming energy for event entry is enough. I would like to see event crates with new gears that are the level of player that opens them. My lvl 5/10 toons could use new items with nice procs. I missed recipes to craft event locks during Love event. That would have been better than hugthulu locks dropping like rain.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Oakmaiden For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

This event, in my humble opinion was top notch and overall very balanced. Rewards we're phenomenal with or without plat purchases, although you had to be lvl 66 to really really reap the benefits.

And anything that gets me to buy plat, is something special. Yeah, this event got me to buy plat, so sts did something very exciting if players feel it's worth spending real money for it. Also, loved the energy drop rate!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to thekragle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

I would like to see the same reasons why this event is succesfull: many reasons to run it!!!
    Everyone (casual player, f2p, p2p, grinders) have a reason to run event.
    - fair to f2p with sources of money for casual players (letters, chests)
    - fair for plat users that thanks to energy removing can see they money are worth to be spend
    - new good equip that didn’t distupt (IMO) pve balance while making pvp “affordable” (with nice visual effect)
    - good stuff to buy with tokens (even if the valentine guard vanity is questionable for my taste xD)
    - new pets
    - big event map that allows you to choose which kind of run you want to do (straight to boss, letter farming) with fair amount of mobs to be killed for boss spawning.
    - nice unique prizes at each tiers, that are difficult to reach but not impossible (I personally am not even plat but confident I will reach it in couple days.....with just normal runs 6 points each).
    Soooooo I hope next events will have the same effort from Sts to MAKE ARLOR GREAT AGAIN!!! XD
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts

Gold tier should be reachable by casual players without too much effort needed, especially as a 2 week event that doesn’t take place during holidays. I am around since AL‘s launch and this is the first event I gave up before even being bronze tier seeing that for me it isn’t manageable to get to gold tier to enjoy the prime boss. (Winter event I didn’t get to plat tier either for the first time). Don‘t say I want stuff for being lazy, this is not the case, I‘ve been on leaderboards since season I, I’ve always worked hard for my ap‘s, but within such a close time limit it wasn‘t doable. And I know Suentous who has several capped or high level toons in PL and AL and who is around for a long time, too is far away from asking free and easy rewards. Basically, I support AL with long term stuff and hardcore players satisfying goals, but this should apply to main game content, not to events that should be a fun and changing time for both casual and hardcore players.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Faliziaga For This Useful Post:

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

This event was good overall, but like some people above said, make the tiers "reachable" from the perspective of an average player. We are not saying to make it gg ez type or sth like that, but at least make the Gold tier reachable where one doesn't have to spend a fortune on letters.

My two cents but overall amazing event!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to EpicX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Personaly i loved this event even though i was very sceptical at first so a big thank you to Sts on a job well done. I loved the mechanics of the event and the team work aspect of it was great. Yes the tiers were a bit harder to achieve but ive managed to get 2 toons to plat playing casually and of course spending a bit of gold. But the rewards for me were worth the effort.

The only thing i would say on a negative side was that low levels couldnt farm prime which i found a bit sad as some twinks do not have endgame toons and therefore missed the opportunity to experience this great event to its full potential

For me what made this event stand out the most was the clarity on every aspect of the event from the word go. From the vendors to the leaderboards to the proc of each weapon and even the mechanics of the bosses. Everything was made clear from the beginning. Also the way the devs have been interacting with the community and taking feedback has been amazing. Im actually excited for the coming future of the game which is something i havent felt in a long while

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paw For This Useful Post: