Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changes I would like to see in Arcane Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Default Changes I would like to see in Arcane Legends

With the upcoming expsnsion and announced changes going forward i have decided to list a few little things looking back that i feel would benefit the AL community as a whole and address a few serious issues i personaly have faced. In no way do i inted to offend any specific player or any specific type of player, nor am i in any way suggesting my ways are better than current methods.

Will start off with a few just to get the ball rolling

Feel free to contribute with ideas and discuss in a friendly manner. Keep it clean and happy hunting

1. Leeching

Almost every day i face this issue in one form or another. People who just stay dead at bosses or dont engage with bosses leaving the others to fight without them. In organised partys its fine but in random PUG's its everywhere. In Maus, in event maps, in arena etc.

Firstly as we now have ankhs i wouldnt be against the idea of not giving loot to those who are just lying dead at boss. Either ankh or run back to boss because its not fair to those who are. Secondly would love to have a boot option where if 3 players decide unanimously to boot a player from the map, they are booted from the map and placed in town

2. Dummy farming.

As we all know this was an issue in the past and still is in some parts. The frustrating thing is that as a community we could easily police it and deal with these people ourselves. Problem is that CTF maps lock after the score reaches 4-4 leaving the farmers to farm in peace. Just leaving the map always open wont totaly stop them but will surely make it just that much harder

3. Cleaner inventory

These days i dont know myself whats in my inventory. Theres too many things to scroll past to find what you need. I know its been mentioned before but maybe grouping things together or even placing things alphabetically will help make things slightly easier

4. Pet pickups

A lot of random useless stuff is picked up by pets at times. Specialy when doing lower level maps. As ive mentioned on another thread, removing all common and rare drops and replacing them with gold drops may be a feasable option. Or adding an option where we can toggle on and off pet pickups would be a very nice addition

5. Increase Maximum Gold Limit

I wish this did apply to me but it doesnt . With current prices of some items rocketing past 300m+ its impossible to make these trades without a risk of being scammed. Would love to see an increase in the max limit to stop these scams happening
    Last edited by Paw; 02-25-2018 at 10:22 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paw For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Reserved Reserved
    Last edited by Paw; 02-26-2018 at 05:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Would like to see renaming from vendor (story token) or rename chest that is tradeable which can be bought for platinums however nobody wants to see bunch of new names every day so make we can rename only once per 6 month or even a year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

I agree with the option to turn off pet pick ups of common/rare/epic items.

I, for one, would like to see classes being used more for their original role (War as tank, Mage CC, Rogue DPS) - Because I feel like everyone expects mages to be a one man band who can do everything

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DalleManden For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Not with idea 1 at all

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DalleManden View Post

I, for one, would like to see classes being used more for their original role (War as tank, Mage CC, Rogue DPS) - Because I feel like everyone expects mages to be a one man band who can do everything
    I think thats mainly due to mages being more balanced right now than most other classes in pve. Eg i can clear m6 comfortably solo with mage but not with rogue or war. With rogue and war its definitely much much harder

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TipsyLife View Post
    Not with idea 1 at all

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
    May i ask why?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DalleManden View Post

I don't think you get the fact that mages can do anything right now, they're pretty much superior with all the gear they have

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vrazicak View Post
    I don't think you get the fact that mages can do anything right now, they're pretty much superior with all the gear they have
    I do get it, and that's why I want the classes to be better balanced. Sorry for the improper formulation lol
    Mage 71: Dalledalle Warrior 66: Dallemanden

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

With all due respect guys. There are many threads discussing class balance and other stuff. This thread was more to list "quality of life" changes and ways to make this game a better overall experience for all players.

To add something else id love to see is something for PvE kills like tombs. Currently its almost impossible to catch up to those who racked up millions of kills in Watchers tombs and Camp Nordr when they used to give PvE kills. Hauntlet is a decent place but mob density is way to low IMO

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Paw For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I always thought of the idea to vote a player out of maps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BELIEVE IT!!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Xxsoifongxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Voting a player out of maps is a very bad idea —*people can just vote those with lesser gear and skill out, which is terrible for the players who get voted out, and those who are poor. Parties exist for a reason.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wowdah For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Suggestions for leeches:

1) Staying dead at bosses = no loots
    2) Loitering but not contributing on boss fights? aggro bosses to leech = dead leech = no loots

* suggestion 2 is impractical but I would go out of my way and do it all the times, it's fun when leeches rage.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

And please remove Trade Permit. A lot of Player selling Dummy Accounts with Trade Permit for 200-300k per Account

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wowdah View Post
    Voting a player out of maps is a very bad idea —*people can just vote those with lesser gear and skill out, which is terrible for the players who get voted out, and those who are poor. Parties exist for a reason.
    How about adding the vote to kick option for high end elites and upper levels of Maus only? The main reason for this is there in the answer itself. The whole point of having a vote to kick button is so that "those with lesser gear or skill" who clearly arent ready for the harder maps can be kicked out rather than walking behind the rest of the team and picking up loot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter View Post
    And please remove Trade Permit. A lot of Player selling Dummy Accounts with Trade Permit for 200-300k per Account

Didnt realise this was a thing. Another problem with trade permit is that it puts a lot of new players off from playing. These days i end up deleting the low end eggs such as Malison and Loki as we cant even gift them to the newbies as we once did

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paw View Post
    Didnt realise this was a thing. Another problem with trade permit is that it puts a lot of new players off from playing. These days i end up deleting the low end eggs such as Malison and Loki as we cant even gift them to the newbies as we once did
    I joined some Facebook AL Groups bcs I thought I get help there and can sell my Items or Eggs, but there everyone just selling Accounts, Gold and more things against the ToD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter View Post
    I joined some Facebook AL Groups bcs I thought I get help there and can sell my Items or Eggs, but there everyone just selling Accounts, Gold and more things against the ToD

Have you tried to Message a Dev with this info as im sure with a bit of spywork they can find the culprits and punish the ones involved. We would be very naieve as a community to pretend this doesnt happen but its worse to see this happen and not report it

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Paw For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

@Paw maybe, but I feel like the game shouldn't discriminate against those who aren't "ready" for a map. They can run it if they want to. It is up to STS to make restrictions, such as level restrictions, points restrictions etc., but to be restricted from running pug maps by PLAYERS is a bit over the line. If people are unhappy with pugs, it's up to them to form a party - it's not the fault of those who are weaker who just want to run the map.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wowdah View Post
    @Paw maybe, but I feel like the game shouldn't discriminate against those who aren't "ready" for a map. They can run it if they want to. It is up to STS to make restrictions, such as level restrictions, points restrictions etc., but to be restricted from running pug maps by PLAYERS is a bit over the line. If people are unhappy with pugs, it's up to them to form a party - it's not the fault of those who are weaker who just want to run the map.
    +1

Maybe your right on this one. Probably just my frustration talking. The other day we had a warrior that died in a maus map and missed the treasure room as another person in map wouldnt wait. The rest of the map the warrior just stood there talking nonsense and pulling boss so it resets. Guess it can be exploited and cause bigger issues in the long run