Thread: What Would You Like to see in a SL HARDCORE Dungeon? ? ?

Alaska, Left the heat on & melted my Igloo...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default What Would You Like to see in a SL HARDCORE Dungeon? ? ?

Many things have been talked about in game but no one has ever asked the forums publicly. I am not a fan of PL Hardcore. It is more of a stand there & Yawn until you defeat One enemy in the hopes to see some valuable rare drop. That is not fun to me! I really enjoy the Style of Boss Fight for the Director Bot in Slouch-O. That is a well thought out fun fight in my opinion & I would like to see more Thought out boss fights incorporated like that one.

Also, just a thought & I'm not sure if it is possible or not. I would like to see a 10 Person Hardcore Zone. A zone with 3 or 4 times the enemies with minor stats buffs on each would prove to be a challenge! I'm not sure the limitations though. That may be too much to implement & still keep it playable on mobile platforms.

What do you want to see besides the exclusive Hardcore loot drops? This is a great topic for STS to see know the users would like to see throw in your 2 cents!
    Last edited by Bakoffmycandy; 11-05-2011 at 07:04 PM.
    Proud Officer of Infinite Union
    Downloads -36 Commando * Http -36 Operative * URL -36 Engineer

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bakoffmycandy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Good point!

Think Rod brought something like this up regarding bosses.. anyway 10 players in one level would be to hard on the SL mechanics the lagg would be pretty bad when spaming skills and chat but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like something like this added

There are some well thought out bosses throughout PL (depends how far you had gotten). More strategic then team play per se. Guess most players would just like a great level which team work is a must! (Even when at a high level) Also after getting though it a good team work boss waiting for you and a chance at some awesome loot.

STS are on the right track tho with Director Bot and Mysterious Figure this can only get better

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Oh there are some very well thought out PL bosses. I am referring more towards ELITE Frozen Nightmare Plat purchase. It was sort of a let down for me. We have yet to see an ELITE zone in Star Legends. Thats more what I'm fishing for ideas about.

Director Bot & Mysterious Figure are great Boss fights! Anxious to see what next Big Boss is in store.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I would like a full map battlefield. There are mobs grenading and shooting and turrets everywhere. It would be storming a ship. You would get slight breaks hiding behind barriers and the rest would be fighting
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Conradin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I like your idea ... An I agree

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bakoffmycandy:473198
    Oh there are some very well thought out PL bosses. I am referring more towards ELITE Frozen Nightmare Plat purchase. It was sort of a let down for me. We have yet to see an ELITE zone in Star Legends. Thats more what I'm fishing for ideas about.

Director Bot & Mysterious Figure are great Boss fights! Anxious to see what next Big Boss is in store.
    You forgot miner already? That was hardcore during beta.... took a while to figure out how to solo boss.

A hole in the ground under a bridge down by a river...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Id like an elite boss that drops gear that has stats that are worth a damn and doesn't require me to spend 100,000+ for a pathetic increase in survivability and power.
    Testament: 41 Engineer
    Pwnie Czar/Founding Member-Sparkling Pwnies

Gravity is a myth... the Earth sucks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I like the idea of having more people going difficult area zone. Imagine a guild of 10 people going to farm with more than 200 enemies or 100 enemies which is very hard to defeat.

This is kind of fun and every person wants to be involved in it. Definitely.

If cant be implemented, at least a 7-8 person dungeon would be fun too.

This is an idea that could bring the game to the next level of play!

Please consider it.

*DivineHawkz -46 Operative
    Tired and sad but fun.. - Feitan

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kateku For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

More proximity mines...
    Starsavior Commando | Spamhealer Engineer | Inventory Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Miner Guirk was a hard Boss, but once figured out it wasn't much of a strategy. AOE, stay away from the entrance & pick off Squids.

As for the More Proximty Mines comment Star, you & I should get honorary I <3 Proximity Mines - STS Bumper Stickers lol

Some good Ideas all ready. I like the Battlefield looking map Idea. I've heard Underwater Levels mentioned many times in PL before. How about a Zone On Top of a Space Ship? That really wouldn't take much to remove a bunch of walls, maybe have some Debree of some sort for some walls, use a similar map spread out & just have empty space & stars around you instead of always being confined to inside the space ships. That sounds like a Level I would want to pay for!

Keep the Ideas coming! Try not to get stuck in tunnel vision just on the level looks, lets hear some creativeness!!! Weapons, Armor , Rare Pet Drops , Themes, anything you'd like to see implemented in a Plat Elite SL zone.
    Last edited by Bakoffmycandy; 11-06-2011 at 12:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Ive suggested some time ago in PL section part actually maps where we needed a cooperation between different class to finish fully a map or open chests... and they did it in SL with rooms here lol... not sure if they have taken my ideas since Im sure they r all pretty smart there at STS to have it thought by themselves.

In that same post, Ive post also about map with runs with 10 people. There shouldnt b any lag at all on my android phone since we have 5vs5 pvp maps or even u can see in towns when all people have fun spamming skils, theres no prob of lag. Well it all dpd on the hand device u r playing too. Also on low end PC now, there shouldnt be anything that it could not handle from STS games if we compare to other type of mmo on pc.

The only prob atm is the space in screen available. On pc or my pad2 it would be possible to add 5 player life bars in left or right. Now on my phone it should still possible due to its large screen, but I can see it impossible for other smaller hand device as theres not enough place.

This also why I thought about the mini layout of skills on SL at first in the bottom corner before they add the junk reminder icons
    But it still possible I think in SL. In PL , theres no place at all due to the large skills layout.

About special dungeons, I thought they would do something similar as PL with a single special map in different town. Maybe there will b in future who knows... like a special map for the blackstar ship where you have to kill invasive alien rats ruining the spaceship where you could drop I dun know an ' eraticator ' vanity
    Or a flying spacecrafts map to protect really our beloved mothership B* from space pirates! (They did talk about the possibility of flying some) where we could win some heroic medal vanity.

I hope more maps also will come from Numa, the other town available. Maybe other pve maps or special dungeon map like the rise/the come back of the bugs like in starship troopers movie.
    We, humans, should take the control of the planet totally!

Atm SL is very linear since all we can do is exp/lvl. We dont have options to do something else. Pvp later will break this linearity but we could have more things to come hopefully to make it more and more apart and distinct from PL.
    Last edited by Kakatoa91; 11-06-2011 at 01:28 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kakatoa91 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakatoa91 View Post
    (They did talk about the possibility of flying some)
    Yes they did & there was a recent article written saying that may still happen in the future. Personally I would stay up for weeks trying to acquire my Spaceship. This is all what if & ideas. Implementing anything would take time to test & make sure everything works properly but we can talk all day.
    I love your Blackstar Idea. There is a perfect area Below the main Deck that looks particularly inviting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

They need to make blackstar a mess hall because I'm hungry! Or they could just have secret areas that you have to find the entrance to like the shadow portal to the caves in PL before the shadow towne was built and the grates that were put in multiple areas.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm pretty sure we'll never see anything like this, but here goes...

Game mechanics changes-
    XP loss on death/mission time limits
    Maximum time limit before mission failure/party death

mob strategy requirements: medium-high (think beta era mcgurk/stranger, not just long beat-emups like the Guardian)
    difficulty level: very high
    level requirement: max
    reward mechanics:
    Exclusive rare drops (something nicer than the ~7% enhancements between L30-L35 epic gear with their own graphics), giving the hardcore (maxed) players something to do besides leveling alts/helping guild-mates with quests until the next expansion.

level description:
    I'm more interested in the risk/reward changes, but here goes.
    A rogue organization has seized control of one of the other USS ships and is going to ram the Blackstar, travel from the ship's airlock to the bridge (levels) and disable the autopilot before the time limit.

Cheers,
    Valkax

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Valkax, Kudos!!! That is the type of idea list im talking about!

In a hurry atm, but a few things I really like :

Your Mob Strategy Req
    Timed Zones that if not done within the time limit the level is over.

and "Exclusive rare drops (something nicer than the ~7% enhancements between L30-L35 epic gear with their own graphics), giving the hardcore (maxed) players something to do besides leveling alts/helping guild-mates with quests until the next expansion." This is a golden Idea. I just hit 36 on my 3rd toon & now its nothing but helping out & farming until the next update. Not complaining about this. Saw it coming before I started. Just the way it is atm.

Some people are a fan of loss of xp on death. As long as that stays in a ELITE zone & not in regular zones, I'm down!
    Last edited by Bakoffmycandy; 11-06-2011 at 05:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I like the idea of having a ELITE zone just for those max level players to enter. That way, more players will be determined to quickly level up and enter the new zone to get more rare drops in a limited time. If fail, all will be teleported our or die.

This is a ELITE zone and unlike Regulars one, it could mean more fun and keep those max level player playing longer and log on more often.

*DivineHawkz -46 Operative
    Tired and sad but fun.. - Feitan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

like the hidden area idea,
    for elite zone more interdependence of classes is a must, as mandos dont really get hit for everyone, ops rush to the front and use a ton of stims, and engies seem to just be there for emergencies ie revive in the general public games atm, at least in the elite zone, it should be impossible to play if the class roles are not followed... im thinking like engies need more support/buff skills stuff like increase hit or crit for other classes, which would make people take along more than one engie on maps. Also bosses that take incredibly long unless combos are used, cross class combos preferably. The guardian run is still the best map IMO, use combos on the crabs and a tank that actually gets hit, its easy, play any other way and it is tough - elite grade material. Another idea is to use the surroundings for playing, ie using rocks as shields from bosses, or areas where you have to circle around, such as the bot in dynastar. Right now I see people clearing reactor on autotarget and spamming skills, the healers dont need to be picked out to clear the map, slower, but still not very painful. hopefully this should be impossible in the elite zone.

one thing I was thinking of was random boss spawns in the towne... people are trading and chilling and a boss suddenly appears, like guardian showing up at numa base... everyone attacks and gets loot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

some good ideas here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    like the hidden area idea,
    for elite zone more interdependence of classes is a must, as mandos dont really get hit for everyone
    I'd love that too. Unfortunately SL has no 'aggro list' mechanics as far as I can tell, it's 'whoever is pissing me off the most right now' mechanics. I could take 60% of the mob's health, stop for a minute and watch the engineer get beaten to a pulp for healing me. Commandos need to constantly spam their +aggro skills/run ahead of the group or they're not the ones getting hit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

@Slant- I love the idea of a spawning boss in towne! Like the gaurdian pops up in Numa and Pirates raid the consignment shop and *shudders* THE MINER RETURNS!

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!