Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Tainted weapons intended to affect bosses?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Default Tainted weapons intended to affect bosses?

If the tainted weapons were not intended to affect bosses, please change your opinion, warriors have no ways to kill bosses without rogues or mages, and it's time to outdate the level 46 staff and level 56 bow, please leave them like this, to be able to affect bosses.
    Last edited by Justg; 02-20-2018 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Clear title please, "hey StS" is not helpful

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I think these weapons do need a fix as currently ive seen Lich being killed in 10 seconds which is just a bit overpowered.

As for warriors. I think they are what they should be. High armor, high health, low damage but keep the party alive and take the aggro.

Being a mage i hate to say this... but i think the issue here is that mages have become a little bit overpowered in PvE and make the rest feel inferior. Ive personaly done maus5 solo many times on my mage and breezed through it which isnt something i can do on my rogue or warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

hard to be a tank and hold aggro nowadays when warriors barely show any sign of higher hp and armor compared to rogues, especially to those str nightmare set mages.
    tanks have lost their ''tank'' meaning, so just give them what everyone has now, powerful proc on boss

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

U have VB and Jugg and heal. Its not just the bare stats that make u a tank. Most fully geared mages still rely on warriors to check maus 6 cos its infinitely easier. Also the new terror blade is a very very good weapon.

But yes i do agree tanks are now the only class that dont have the boss killing ability. Hopefully StS will address that issue in the upcoming expansion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paw View Post
    U have VB and Jugg and heal. Its not just the bare stats that make u a tank. Most fully geared mages still rely on warriors to check maus 6 cos its infinitely easier. Also the new terror blade is a very very good weapon.

But yes i do agree tanks are now the only class that dont have the boss killing ability. Hopefully StS will address that issue in the upcoming expansion
    yeah if you have 30m to spare, I don't. Mage DS is like 4-5m same for rogue bow, both classes are way cheaper to maintain actually than a tank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

If tanks could kill bosses why would anyone be a rogue?

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

I believe you people misunderstand how classes work.
    Warrior's aren't supposed to do insane damage towards mobs or bosses, they are supposed to take all the aggro away from DPS. A warrior that knows what he's doing should only be able to die from curse IMO. Warriors are actually in a good place with their TB, pretty jelly of that weapon as a rogue.
    Mages are supposed to CC and be most effectful against grouped mobs.
    Rogues are supposed to deal high single target damage and IMO should be the ones needed for killing boss fast.

Now I'm not saying nerf mages, no. But every class should have their cons and pros. Hopefully the road to AL's future leads to a more balanced PvE where all classes have their own task and those alone as mentioned above.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abuze For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abuze View Post
    Warrior's aren't supposed to do insane damage on mobs or bosses, they are supposed to take all the aggro away from DPS. A warrior that knows what he's doing should only be able to die from curse IMO. Warriors are actually in a good place with their TB, pretty jelly of that weapon as a rogue.
    Rogues are supposed to deal high single target damage and IMO should be the ones needed for killing boss fast.

Now I'm not saying nerf mages, no. But every class should have their cons and pros. Hopefully the road to AL's future leads to a more balanced PvE where all classes have their own task and those alone as mentioned above.
    I'd be happy to be ''tank'' but we've basically lost our purpose, I, as a glintstone aegis using tank am not desireable in party, and I don't have 30m to spare for one weapon who sucks mobs in as I already mentioned.

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

This:
    Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    If tanks could kill bosses why would anyone be a rogue?
    And This:
    Warrior's aren't supposed to do insane damage towards mobs or bosses, they are supposed to take all the aggro away from DPS. A warrior that knows what he's doing should only be able to die from curse IMO. Warriors are actually in a good place with their TB, pretty jelly of that weapon as a rogue.

Sums it up.
    My opinion: Learn your class. They are very balanced in PVE.

Off topic: I hate tanks who don't use taunts (MMO 1on1: tanks=taunts); have no idea what is agro, and want to be a damage dealer. If you are reading this and think you fall in this category then please do us a favor and play solo.
    Last edited by PsychoNuke; 02-19-2018 at 08:53 PM. Reason: @Off topic
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vrazicak View Post
    I'd be happy to be ''tank'' but we've basically lost our purpose, I, as a glintstone aegis using tank am not desireable in party, and I don't have 30m to spare for one weapon who sucks mobs in as I already mentioned.
    Now you know how rogues feel IMO, I believe most people rather have a warrior>rogue
    You sure must run with some picky people lol

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Abuze For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Now you know how rogues feel IMO, I believe most people rather have a warrior>rogue
    You sure must run with some picky people lol
    I just need a dev confirmation that's all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Will be even harder to get any party as rogue. Terrible masteries, then ds mages and now tanks with 2 hit boss kills? You gotta be kidding me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vrazicak View Post
    Actually 99% of my runs are in mausoleum. When my pt is looking for a tank, many ppl just want a tank with terror blade, because we all know that proc makes runs way faster. I personally like to run with 'terror blade tanks', but i also say that some of the best tanks i run with use glinstone aegis and runs are very good too, the only difference is that takes a little more time. If the warrior know his 'job' and what is doing, runs are good no matter weapon. Just my opinion

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluehazee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehazee View Post
    Actually 99% of my runs are in mausoleum. When my pt is looking for a tank, many ppl just want a tank with terror blade, because we all know that proc makes runs way faster. I personally like to run with 'terror blade tanks', but i also say that some of the best tanks i run with use glinstone aegis and runs are very good too, the only difference is that takes a little more time. If the warrior know his 'job' and what is doing, runs are good no matter weapon. Just my opinion
    glintstone aegis isn't even a problem if the mages drop clocks and rogues drop traps, I've been seeing way too much mages and rogues using heals in mausoleum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alwarez View Post
    Will be even harder to get any party as rogue. Terrible masteries, then ds mages and now tanks with 2 hit boss kills? You gotta be kidding me.
    I always find a place for good rogue in my party, sometimes even 2 rogues, but they need to have dragon blades and trap, that's basically a must have as a maus rogue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    Vroom said it should get fixed soon, they are having trouble replicating bug some1 make a video and send it to em
    ty
    11 chars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

So I went all in on tainted ax, awakekened it, and jeweled it already. I’m very happy with my stats and the proc is really OP.

Giving all the classes the same proc is something that needs to be looked at.

The concern that everyone has is the speed at which we can finish a map, I’m concerned with that too. I’m finding that higher dmg and dps are way faster in maus, especially when all pt members are higher.

In my opinion, the poison proc is no different than curse mage ability. If they can one-shot kill us then we should be able to do the same.

I will be disappointed if they change the proc to affect mobs only, but I will deal with it. I’m not one to really complain, just need to adapt and overcome 😬.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ucamaeben For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

I really don't see why any class should have to use out-dated weapons now. As for the tainted bow killing boss in a couple of shots..then mine must be faulty. I despise using daggers and run with dread bow on mobs and have had no complaints. I use tainted on boss but it certainly does not kill it in two shots although it is better than dread for bosses. I'm not here to criticise but I have successfully "checked" and have seen mages do the same. It's all a matter of gears and pets..and as someone rightly pointed out.. some players don't have millions of gold to purchase what some picky people expect other classes to wear. Like the other day when someone told me to use immo bow. You buy it for me mate and I'll think about it. How many weapons do we need to please everyone?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Maybe STS can the weapon to process on "charging" the tainted weapon to get super poison pack like 35% chance ?

Also increase more pick up for and increase % for normal pickup:
    Damage Down Pack: The enemy only deals 60% damage
    Armor Down Pack: The enemy only has 60% armor
    Last edited by will0; 02-20-2018 at 07:26 AM.

Somewhere beyond and between here and nowhere...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    209 Posts

Having multiple weapons to play with is a luxury, not a necessity.
    If your party is being picky because they are not pleased with the choice of your weapons then there are 2 ways to deal with it:
    1) Start playing with people who have same ideology as yours.
    or
    2) Get the weapons that is asked by your picky team.
    Unfortunately there is no middle ground and I personally go with "1" even if I can afford all the weapons for my class.
    I have tested runs with multiple weapons, each have their pro and cons, as well as different playstyles. Having options is not a bad thing, but unable to afford different flavors should not be a criteria to enforce or accept bugs on items that you can afford.

@Ucamaeben: No, poison pack does not work as mage's curse. Poison damage is suppose to work as drag staff dot, but currently it is doing 50%health as damage to bosses. Concern is not the speed of the run, but bug being effective on boss. Which is wrong in many levels because then there is no need for having boss fight mechanics going forward, if you catch my drift

@Susanne: The issue is not with the weapons, the bug is with one of the debuff packs on all tainted weapons irrespective of which class is using it.

I think people are misinformed on debuffs. To be clear: Every Debuff except Super Poison Pack and Instakill will affect Bosses (as per the last communication released by Vroom).
    The weapon is bugged on debuffs. Understand how weapon were intended when designed, and how they are currently working in-game before you jump into conclusions.
    Please check the tests done by 'extrapayah' to know the scenario better: https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...ainted-Weapons

Thank you
    Last edited by PsychoNuke; 02-20-2018 at 09:16 AM.
    Retired
    Tired of Dead Guilds & Offline FL? Click Here!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to PsychoNuke For This Useful Post: